Hoos: The loan window is key

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Hoos: The loan window is key

Post by deadendjob » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:11 pm

Offish

So it seems we'll be looking to the loan market a lot more this season. I wonder how many we're looking to bring in on loan and how many of those will have option-to-buy clauses.

Maybe this is the new strategy to avoid over inflated prices and shit players going forward?
I'm trying to be optimistic here and believe the propaganda, but can't help feeling a bit deflated by the lack of action this window. Especially given the embargo in Jan.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Hoos: The loan window is key

Post by 222gers » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:04 pm

It's been a few years since we've benefitted from the loan system but it could be just the thing for us now, with as Hoos says, clubs that failed to sell a player on during the window wanting to send them on loan. I think we all know the positions we need to fill. The talk about players not wantingto come here would surely not apply in the case of a six or twelve month loan.

Just be glad we didn't flog off any more players on the cheap.

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:07 pm

Well, as a strategy it's likely to bear more fruit than buying in ex Championship "proven" players methinks

Waghorn and others like him, seriously. Players like him and Jordan Rhodes and Conor Wickham just reflect that horrendous values put on them over the years for what....?
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:38 pm

Kept the young uns and still have the likes of Luongo, Freeman and Scowen. Still some more to come from this squad and not paid inflated fees for last minute deals.

Signings would have been nice but if we were close to FFP limits again, club have been sensible.

Maybe loans may benefit us - would prefer those where we have the option of a permanent deal so we just don't help other clubs with game time for their players.

Only three places for promotion - the likes of Derby, Forest and a few others may be sweating come May.

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:38 pm

I can't believe how many people are still addicted to the crack cocaine of incoming transfers, even when we have nearly lost everything as a result of this destructive habit.

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:59 pm

Greyhound wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:38 pm
I can't believe how many people are still addicted to the crack cocaine of incoming transfers, even when we have nearly lost everything as a result of this destructive habit.
Given that we could easily have been relegated last season and then lost/sold 4 of our first team,do you not think that it would be prudent to at least replace some of them?

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:00 pm

Greyhound wrote:
Quite right! Let no new arrivals darken our doors again! Let's work with what we've got till they all retire, lose interest or get swept up by the Liverpool/Everton/Citeh academies,whichever comes first. Stability is the key for our QPR family, if not incest. Mate the Furlongs with each other so their sons'll be their uncles, tie up Eze-Chair in a furniture van and play them once in a blue moon to deter buyers, and bring back that nice Clint Derryhill as the Guvnor in perpetuity!

(I'll get me coat . . .)
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:04 am

Greyhound wrote:
I don't think it's unreasonable to have hoped that we would sign more than one established player this summer, given 5 left at the end of last season and we subsequently sold our best player.

I really don't think anybody expects us to be splashing big money around, but when we seemingly can't compete with Wigan and Ipswich in the transfer market, there's probably good reason to be concerned. Also if we're going to sell our best players and not re-invest a penny, it's hard to retain any optimism about the future. Relying solely on largely untried youngsters, and the occasional free transfer is a hell of a risky strategy.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:47 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:04 am
Greyhound wrote:
I don't think it's unreasonable to have hoped that we would sign more than one established player this summer, given 5 left at the end of last season and we subsequently sold our best player.

I really don't think anybody expects us to be splashing big money around, but when we seemingly can't compete with Wigan and Ipswich in the transfer market, there's probably good reason to be concerned. Also if we're going to sell our best players and not re-invest a penny, it's hard to retain any optimism about the future. Relying solely on largely untried youngsters, and the occasional free transfer is a hell of a risky strategy.
Still think it's FFP if your income is low and some arbitrary rule dictates how much debt you can incur before being fined and going further into debt the outcome is not hard to see.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:33 pm

The seemingly random impenetrability and inequity of the pile of doodoo that is FFP (we, apparently, can just about stretch to an out of work Swansea fullback for three months, while Forest glad about spending multi millions on top European talent) is really making me feel like finishing with football one day. If Hoos manages our expectations any lower, we'll be playing in the old Southern League!

Mind you, we're only the fans, of course - the most simultaneously sentimentalised and abused client group in the history of business! We should be getting in for free already.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

DBHoops
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by DBHoops » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:00 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:33 pm
The seemingly random impenetrability and inequity of the pile of doodoo that is FFP (we, apparently, can just about stretch to an out of work Swansea fullback for three months, while Forest glad about spending multi millions on top European talent) is really making me feel like finishing with football one day. If Hoos manages our expectations any lower, we'll be playing in the old Southern League!

Mind you, we're only the fans, of course - the most simultaneously sentimentalised and abused client group in the history of business! We should be getting in for free already.
The risk/reward of getting to the promised land and staying there is giving people the idea to chase the Leicester City, Bournemouth and now probably Wolves dream. If Forest don't make it up, then they are absolutely screwed.

Getting in for free isn't going to solve the revenue problem and managing FFP is it? Guaranteed you'd be slating Hoos for that if it by some incredible way that actually happened :lol: :lol: :lol: