Michael Hefele

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: ZENITH R, Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: Michael Hefele

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:01 pm

White Duck wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:46 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:24 pm
White Duck wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:43 am

You seem more than happy with the lack of depth and experience we could end up with for the whole season..
I am also not unaware of the fact that we don't have a pot to piss in, no-one wants to sign for us because of it and, despite a complete lack of experience, we might have to play all our youngsters whether we get relegated or not. There are an awful lot of people on here who are either in complete denial of the situation or, more likely, don't understand the situation. I'll be happy if we still have a club to support in 10 years time. These are times for shit, or get off the pot support for the team. I had a conversation with a QPR supporter mate about 3 years ago when he was moaning about appointing Chris Ramsey etc. At the time I said that FFP would have have a huge detrimental effect on QPR and the repercussions could see us struggling badly for 6-8 years, even getting relegated. He told me to "wander off and don't be so stupid, FFP won't affect us, we have rich owners and they will just pay lawyers to make it go away and we can carry on spending on better players and get a decent manager in". One of us got it wrong.
Not many fans will agree with your doomsday scenario and most sensible ones would think you were wrong. The club is now being run in the right way which is good news and if this continues we should be able to ride out the storm and remain in this division but not if we sell our best and experienced players and just rely on all our youngsters as you advocate.
That's you putting words in my mouth, I am NOT advocating it, and I also agree that many QPR fans will think that I am wrong, as my mate did, I have had that opinion for a few years now and all I can see is it falling into place season by season. It hasn't stopped me from renewing my S/T each year and going to all the games as that is one way to ensure that we struggle financially; withdraw your money from the club. It appears to be a mixture of denial and wishful thinking on here regarding what the club can actually do this season and buying players seems to one of the things that is virtually off the table due to the current restrictions. Pragmatism & stoicism are the order of the day for a while and, as it always has done before, the circle will turn back our way. We just need to make sure that there is till a club to support when it happens.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:52 pm

He's not wrong you know, often is of course :lol: but not here.

Freeman staying is a big boost for the club because relegation would really harm our club at this time. Signings were unlikely although we had try I believe. Loans were also unlikely until the transfer window had shut and clubs taken stock of their squads, expect a loan signing or two before the end of the month.

As Mike says life goes around in circles and our turn will come again and if the club can negotiate with The Football League about the shackles they have put around the club then the wheels will turn a lot quicker.

Phew!

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:00 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:01 pm
White Duck wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:24 pm

I am also not unaware of the fact that we don't have a pot to piss in, no-one wants to sign for us because of it and, despite a complete lack of experience, we might have to play all our youngsters whether we get relegated or not. There are an awful lot of people on here who are either in complete denial of the situation or, more likely, don't understand the situation. I'll be happy if we still have a club to support in 10 years time. These are times for shit, or get off the pot support for the team. I had a conversation with a QPR supporter mate about 3 years ago when he was moaning about appointing Chris Ramsey etc. At the time I said that FFP would have have a huge detrimental effect on QPR and the repercussions could see us struggling badly for 6-8 years, even getting relegated. He told me to "wander off and don't be so stupid, FFP won't affect us, we have rich owners and they will just pay lawyers to make it go away and we can carry on spending on better players and get a decent manager in". One of us got it wrong.
Not many fans will agree with your doomsday scenario and most sensible ones would think you were wrong. The club is now being run in the right way which is good news and if this continues we should be able to ride out the storm and remain in this division but not if we sell our best and experienced players and just rely on all our youngsters as you advocate.
That's you putting words in my mouth, I am NOT advocating it, and I also agree that many QPR fans will think that I am wrong, as my mate did, I have had that opinion for a few years now and all I can see is it falling into place season by season. It hasn't stopped me from renewing my S/T each year and going to all the games as that is one way to ensure that we struggle financially; withdraw your money from the club. It appears to be a mixture of denial and wishful thinking on here regarding what the club can actually do this season and buying players seems to one of the things that is virtually off the table due to the current restrictions. Pragmatism & stoicism are the order of the day for a while and, as it always has done before, the circle will turn back our way. We just need to make sure that there is till a club to support when it happens.
Well the fact that the club haven't felt the need to cash in on one of their most saleable assets today means you can re--think your position on the near death status of the club but I doubt you will :oops:
Lex Talionis........

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:13 pm

Obviously there will be other factors, but surely that was within our budget.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:40 pm

White Duck wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:00 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:01 pm
White Duck wrote:

Well the fact that the club haven't felt the need to cash in on one of their most saleable assets today means you can re--think your position on the near death status of the club but I doubt you will :oops:
Time will tell. At the moment I think we are doing all the right things to prevent the club getting into real trouble and, contrary to your spin on my words, I wasn't looking forward to Freeman being sold. Somewhere in the recent past I posted a hope that we would play this season with players we finished last season with (contract run outs excluded) and bar Leistner, that's what we have. I am looking forward to getting back to watching the games at Loftus Road again and meeting up with long time friends. We may lose more than we win but I'll get over it if that happens.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.