Michael Hefele

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Michael Hefele

Post by Devonranger » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:36 am

I see we are being linked with this guy who seems to have been displaced by signings at Huddersfield - last year of his contract.

Centre half on a loan or possible permanent - type of player we do target where they are running down their contract.

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Michael Hefele

Post by kernowhoop » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:51 am

TWO BFGs?
Sounds good.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:52 am

Integral part of their promotion team but not got a look in once they were in the Premiership. Remember him from the times Huddersfield were on TV in their promotion season and he looked good.
The Saimsbury deal is looking increasingly unlikely so this would be a great alternative IMO.
Lex Talionis........

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:16 pm

Their fans absolutely love him. I can’t say I know much about him, but reading the comments it sounds like he would be a very good addition.

Leeds also potentially interested though.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:40 am

Sky Sources ... Nottingham Forest are in advanced talks to sign him from Huddersfield.

I guess that's another one we have missed out on.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:54 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:40 am
Sky Sources ... Nottingham Forest are in advanced talks to sign him from Huddersfield.

He was at Harlington having a medical as well apparently... Was very close to signing for us :(
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:20 am

SM wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:54 am
ZENITH R wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:40 am

He was at Harlington having a medical as well apparently... Was very close to signing for us :(
I wonder if we have a 3rd choice centre back lined up?
Lex Talionis........

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:13 am

Giles Phillips?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:43 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:13 am
Giles Phillips?
You seem more than happy with the lack of depth and experience we could end up with for the whole season..
Lex Talionis........

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:32 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Giles Phillips?
I think it would be hugely optimistic to think he's close to ready. I'd love to see us able to give young players a chance across the side but we've got to stay in the division.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:24 pm

White Duck wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:43 am
Esox Lucius wrote:
Giles Phillips?
You seem more than happy with the lack of depth and experience we could end up with for the whole season..
I am also not unaware of the fact that we don't have a pot to piss in, no-one wants to sign for us because of it and, despite a complete lack of experience, we might have to play all our youngsters whether we get relegated or not. There are an awful lot of people on here who are either in complete denial of the situation or, more likely, don't understand the situation. I'll be happy if we still have a club to support in 10 years time. These are times for shit, or get off the pot support for the team. I had a conversation with a QPR supporter mate about 3 years ago when he was moaning about appointing Chris Ramsey etc. At the time I said that FFP would have have a huge detrimental effect on QPR and the repercussions could see us struggling badly for 6-8 years, even getting relegated. He told me to "wander off and don't be so stupid, FFP won't affect us, we have rich owners and they will just pay lawyers to make it go away and we can carry on spending on better players and get a decent manager in". One of us got it wrong.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:42 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:24 pm
White Duck wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:
Giles Phillips?
I am also not unaware of the fact that we don't have a pot to piss in, no-one wants to sign for us because of it and, despite a complete lack of experience, we might have to play all our youngsters whether we get relegated or not. There are an awful lot of people on here who are either in complete denial of the situation or, more likely, don't understand the situation. I'll be happy if we still have a club to support in 10 years time. These are times for shit, or get off the pot support for the team. I had a conversation with a QPR supporter mate about 3 years ago when he was moaning about appointing Chris Ramsey etc. At the time I said that FFP would have have a huge detrimental effect on QPR and the repercussions could see us struggling badly for 6-8 years, even getting relegated. He told me to "wander off and don't be so stupid, FFP won't affect us, we have rich owners and they will just pay lawyers to make it go away and we can carry on spending on better players and get a decent manager in". One of us got it wrong.
Could not agree more FFP, whether by design or not, has really screwed this club and any other of our stature with ambition in a big way

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:46 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:24 pm
White Duck wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:
Giles Phillips?
Not many fans will agree with your doomsday scenario and most sensible ones would think you were wrong. The club is now being run in the right way which is good news and if this continues we should be able to ride out the storm and remain in this division but not if we sell our best and experienced players and just rely on all our youngsters as you advocate.
Lex Talionis........

PeterS
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by PeterS » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:55 pm

Looks like he is going Forrest which is bad news for Jack unless they see him as a left back

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:18 pm

He's gone to Forest
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.