McClaren getting his excuses in early (for the season)

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: ZENITH R, Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin

User avatar
kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1388
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Plymouth, Devon

Re: McClaren getting his excuses in early (for the season)

Post by kernowhoop » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:22 am

All this after ONE ******* match!
On the one hand, we clearly care - a lot.
On the other, we do seem to over-react to set-backs.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

Don Gibbons
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 474
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:14 pm

Re: McClaren getting his excuses in early (for the season)

Post by Don Gibbons » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:25 am

arrystottle wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:19 am
Winning the Dutch title is a bit like bungee jumping off a metre high wall , easy and pointless.

arrystottle

If you need a bungee cord when jumping off a metre high wall, then clearly you're not very tall.

Guessing you're either a dwarf else still at Primary School?

:shock:

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9560
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: McClaren getting his excuses in early (for the season)

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:37 am

I think he prefers the term "gentleman of short stature".
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

arrystottle
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:05 am

Re: McClaren getting his excuses in early (for the season)

Post by arrystottle » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:32 pm

I am not a dwarf as i am at least two foot nine inches tall and find the term very offensive in this day and age, I went to Primary school a few times but was not up to it so chose Borstal instead , but none of this changes the fact that Brollyman will be a complete failure and send us a bit further down the slippery slope.

User avatar
ZENITH R
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8787
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:40 pm
Location: North Derbyshire

Re: McClaren getting his excuses in early (for the season)

Post by ZENITH R » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:13 pm

arrystottle wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:32 pm
I am not a dwarf as i am at least two foot nine inches tall and find the term very offensive in this day and age, I went to Primary school a few times but was not up to it so chose Borstal instead , but none of this changes the fact that Brollyman will be a complete failure and send us a bit further down the slippery slope.

Could you have a look in your crystal ball and let me have the lottery numbers for tomorrow night please?

:lol:
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9560
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: McClaren getting his excuses in early (for the season)

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:34 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:13 pm
arrystottle wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:32 pm
I am not a dwarf as i am at least two foot nine inches tall and find the term very offensive in this day and age, I went to Primary school a few times but was not up to it so chose Borstal instead , but none of this changes the fact that Brollyman will be a complete failure and send us a bit further down the slippery slope.

Could you have a look in your crystal ball and let me have the lottery numbers for tomorrow night please?

:lol:
You'll have to give him a lift-up
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3384
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: McClaren getting his excuses in early (for the season)

Post by Satch » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:56 pm

Did arrystottle used to post here or elsewhere under a different username. There is a familiarity to the inane ramblings.

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12692
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: McClaren getting his excuses in early (for the season)

Post by dm » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:00 pm

Satch wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:56 pm
Did arrystottle used to post here or elsewhere under a different username. There is a familiarity to the inane ramblings.
If ever the dotorg is revamped, I propose it's renamed "Inane Ramblings".

krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 817
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:55 am
Location: Garden of England

Re: McClaren getting his excuses in early (for the season)

Post by krama » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:00 pm

Satch wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:56 pm
Did arrystottle used to post here or elsewhere under a different username. There is a familiarity to the inane ramblings.
Reckon he and the elbow are one and the same! :cry:

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3384
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: McClaren getting his excuses in early (for the season)

Post by Satch » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:47 pm

krama wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:00 pm
Satch wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:56 pm
Did arrystottle used to post here or elsewhere under a different username. There is a familiarity to the inane ramblings.
Reckon he and the elbow are one and the same! :cry:
Well, the philisophcal referance does seem at odds with 'arrystotle's' style but i'm not sure Stainrod could ever resist the use of verbose language in his posts. Both seem to favour non-sensical analogies. Stainrod used to seem fairly normal, the Holloway sacking seems to have tipped him over the edge though.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20217
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: McClaren getting his excuses in early (for the season)

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:49 pm

Satch wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:47 pm
krama wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:00 pm
Satch wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:56 pm
Did arrystottle used to post here or elsewhere under a different username. There is a familiarity to the inane ramblings.
Reckon he and the elbow are one and the same! :cry:
Well, the philisophcal referance does seem at odds with 'arrystotle's' style but i'm not sure Stainrod could ever resist the use of verbose language in his posts. Both seem to favour non-sensical analogies. Stainrod used to seem fairly normal, the Holloway sacking seems to have tipped him over the edge though.
He has always been anti QPR; look back at his posting history if you get fed up sitting out in the sun topping your tan up :-)
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3384
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: McClaren getting his excuses in early (for the season)

Post by Satch » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:07 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:49 pm
Satch wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:47 pm
krama wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:00 pm


Reckon he and the elbow are one and the same! :cry:
Well, the philisophcal referance does seem at odds with 'arrystotle's' style but i'm not sure Stainrod could ever resist the use of verbose language in his posts. Both seem to favour non-sensical analogies. Stainrod used to seem fairly normal, the Holloway sacking seems to have tipped him over the edge though.
He has always been anti QPR; look back at his posting history if you get fed up sitting out in the sun topping your tan up :-)
Alas my tan is has probably peaked at 'off-alabaster'. None the less i can resist the urge to trawl a post history.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3396
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 7:41 pm

Re: McClaren getting his excuses in early (for the season)

Post by Bear-Grills » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:28 pm

Satch wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:47 pm
the Holloway sacking seems to have tipped him over the edge though.
I thought it was something to do with Les, Hoos and TF?
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3384
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: McClaren getting his excuses in early (for the season)

Post by Satch » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:06 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:28 pm
Satch wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:47 pm
the Holloway sacking seems to have tipped him over the edge though.
I thought it was something to do with Les, Hoos and TF?
In response to the removal of St Ian. Very sad.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1585
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:54 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: McClaren getting his excuses in early (for the season)

Post by stainrod's elbow » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:46 pm

It's actually strangely enjoyable to find oneself talked about on the disembodied t'Internet as though one were dead!
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bear-Grills, Google [Bot] and 32 guests