McClaren getting his excuses in early (for the season)

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: McClaren getting his excuses in early (for the season)

Post by stainesranger » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:11 pm

On the St Ian thing, the burden of proof is very much on the powers that be. That’s not to say mclaren should be judged on one game, but we need to see progress if the Ollie sacking is to be seen as justifiable. And that’s by their own yardstick.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:14 pm

I wouldn’t call it an excuse, I think he’s making a very fair point.

We’ve lost Onuoha & Perch - not to mention arguably our player of last season in Jack Robinson. Added to that the huge question marks still hanging over Grant Hall. Those are big gaps to fill.

So far only the new BFG has been brought in. What I would give for a Derry or Hill right now.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:56 am

Please try to understand, people - it's not hard if you get your heads out of the sand! He's basically saying, it doesn't matter diddly squat what I do/don't do on the training ground (I'm only a coach, after all, brought in for my supposed coaching ability) it's all down to new recruits.

We might as well have 'Arry back!
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:06 am

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:56 am
Please try to understand, people - it's not hard if you get your heads out of the sand! He's basically saying, it doesn't matter diddly squat what I do/don't do on the training ground (I'm only a coach, after all, brought in for my supposed coaching ability) it's all down to new recruits.

We might as well have 'Arry back!
I'd be surprised if any manager arriving at a club that had just finished 16th in the championship, and then lost some of their better players while only bringing one in, wasn't trying to sign new players. To judge a manager after one game as you have is ridiculous, but with the short term nature of football these days it's no longer surprising to see fans losing perspective after a single match.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:19 pm

I'm not hanging him out to dry after one game - even I'm not that much of an extremist/provocateur! I'm saying I'm not impressed so far, and wondering when (or if) I will be. The manager already saying the main thing that'll determine our fate this year is recruitment is just arguing, as far as I can see, that his coaching credentials don't really matter - it's embarrassing. But everyone's up to it now, right up (or down) to Mourinho. Dave Sexton, a proper coach with a real passion for football, must be spinning in his grave.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star