Match thread PNE - QPR

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Match thread PNE - QPR

Post by Rbee » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:04 pm

Well, we lost but it wasn't the 3 or 4 I feared. Not many teams will get anything at Preston this season.

Defence held up well, Ingram had little to do, we were beaten by one looping header.

Their goalkeeper was busier than ours but the commentators suggested that we didn't create many chances. Keeping Luke Freeman really could define our season.

My glass remains half full and further topped up by the results so far in our league. Oh dear WBA!

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:04 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:58 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:46 pm
1 shot on target, and 30% odd possession. I'm sorry - this is Preston, not Barcelona. But hardly an unpredictable start, I'm sorry to say.
And we are QPR, not Real Madrid
I think you're missing my point!
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Rbee wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:04 pm
Well, we lost but it wasn't the 3 or 4 I feared. Not many teams will get anything at Preston this season.

Defence held up well, Ingram had little to do, we were beaten by one looping header.

Their goalkeeper was busier than ours but the commentators suggested that we didn't create many chances. Keeping Luke Freeman really could define our season.

My glass remains half full and further topped up by the results so far in our league. Oh dear WBA!
I don't understand- we had a whopping 2 on-target attempts according to the Beeb! What was he so busy doing?

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Rbee wrote:

As long as he actually makes some chances!

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:11 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:59 pm
Only one team in the Championship didn't score today :x
Very worrying. For goodness sake aren't there any young strikers at Loftus Road chomping at the bit?
Staff Benda Bilili

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:12 pm

We don't do well against big physical teams like PNE. Scowongoman simply don't cope. If and when Hall does come back I think SMc wants to use him in a DCM role, and if we've brought in another CB, I think that will be a good move.

Let's not be too down about today. We weren't great but PNE will be in the mix at the end of the season, and we weren't that far off holding our own against them today. We'll get better.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:15 pm

I really hope we do this lot at LR later in the season. They are starting to grate on me the amount of times they come away with all the points :x

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:26 pm

Got to laugh....one game into the season and the usual suspects are moaning and being negative already....you know who you are, give it a rest:lol:
As for the comments about Preston being "time wasting cheating bastards", how about when QPR do it eh to hang on to the points, it's not cheating then is it. Double standards indeed. :twisted:
Bye.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:33 pm

krama wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:26 pm
Got to laugh....one game into the season and the usual suspects are moaning and being negative already....you know who you are, give it a rest:lol:
As for the comments about Preston being "time wasting cheating bastards", how about when QPR do it eh to hang on to the points, it's not cheating then is it. Double standards indeed. :twisted:
Bye.
Aren't you moaning yourself? :roll:

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:38 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:06 pm
I don't understand- we had a whopping 2 on-target attempts according to the Beeb! What was he so busy doing?
...trying to understand what the F*** kit we were wearing...... :mrgreen:

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:39 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:11 pm
n22hoop wrote:
Very worrying. For goodness sake aren't there any young strikers at Loftus Road chomping at the bit?
It's one game. I'd be surprised if Wigan and Bolton were 2nd and 3rd in 9 months so I wouldn't be judging any other team on 90 minutes either.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:49 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Bear-Grills wrote:
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:46 pm
1 shot on target, and 30% odd possession. I'm sorry - this is Preston, not Barcelona. But hardly an unpredictable start, I'm sorry to say.
I don't think I am. If you're saying it's a poor start OK, but I just don't see why you would expect it to have been much better. PNE are a tough, settled team, well ahead of us I imagine, and we have a what amounts to a largely new -young- team shorn of some important regulars.
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:58 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:49 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Bear-Grills wrote:

I don't think I am. If you're saying it's a poor start OK, but I just don't see why you would expect it to have been much better. PNE are a tough, settled team, well ahead of us I imagine, and we have a what amounts to a largely new -young- team shorn of some important regulars.
I would add that we were no worse than we were at PNE last season. We were arguably a bit better.

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:05 pm

Mr Beef wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:39 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:11 pm
n22hoop wrote:
It's one game. I'd be surprised if Wigan and Bolton were 2nd and 3rd in 9 months so I wouldn't be judging any other team on 90 minutes either.
Paul Cook is the Wigan manager and I rate him. They could do ok.

On my earlier point I wasn't moaning just frustrated.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:46 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:33 pm
krama wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:26 pm
Bye.
Aren't you moaning yourself? :roll:
Too right I am Mr.Elbow….with justification too...one game in and slagging the team off is laughable. It's as if the whiners actually enjoy the negativity. The worst whingers and whiners are the ones who never go to a game. whistle