Bournemouth Settle FFP

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

northernr
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Bournemouth Settle FFP

Post by northernr » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:36 am

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/bourne ... ispute-efl

Bournemouth have paid £4.75million to settle a dispute with the English Football League over the club's financial results in the 2014-15 season before their Premier League promotion.
The EFL claimed that Bournemouth breached its Financial Fair Play rules at the time but the dispute was paused while those rules were subjected to a legal challenge by Queens Park Rangers.
With the matter having been settled, Premier League outfit Bournemouth are no longer accused of any attempt to infringe the rules or deceive the EFL.
A statement on Bournemouth's official website said: "All relevant matters were taken into account when determining the quantum of the settlement.
"The agreed settlement of £4.75million is in full and final settlement of all and any claims by the EFL against the club and its officers, in respect of the FFP regulations for season 2014/15.

"No further details with regards to the settlement will be released."

Not sure how much they were expected to pay originally, didnt I read 8m, not sure also how this will put us in stead

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Bournemouth Settle FFP

Post by QPR_John » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:52 am

northernr wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:36 am
https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/bourne ... ispute-efl

Bournemouth have paid £4.75million to settle a dispute with the English Football League over the club's financial results in the 2014-15 season before their Premier League promotion.
The EFL claimed that Bournemouth breached its Financial Fair Play rules at the time but the dispute was paused while those rules were subjected to a legal challenge by Queens Park Rangers.
With the matter having been settled, Premier League outfit Bournemouth are no longer accused of any attempt to infringe the rules or deceive the EFL.
A statement on Bournemouth's official website said: "All relevant matters were taken into account when determining the quantum of the settlement.
"The agreed settlement of £4.75million is in full and final settlement of all and any claims by the EFL against the club and its officers, in respect of the FFP regulations for season 2014/15.

"No further details with regards to the settlement will be released."

Not sure how much they were expected to pay originally, didnt I read 8m, not sure also how this will put us in stead
"but the dispute was paused while those rules were subjected to a legal challenge by Queens Park Rangers.
With the matter having been settled,"

Has our legal challenge been settled???????

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:15 pm

I believe the piece is referring to Bournemouth settling their dispute by paying the fine.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:09 pm

Anyone know by how much they exceeded the permissable amount in relation to their income ? If there was “ no intention to deceive “ then it surely can't have been a huge sum.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:53 pm

222gers wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:09 pm
Anyone know by how much they exceeded the permissable amount in relation to their income ? If there was “ no intention to deceive “ then it surely can't have been a huge sum.
Their accounts showed a loss of £38.3M, of which $7.6M was a fine for breaking FFP when they won promotion from L1, and so presumably wouldn't have counted against them a second time.

The permissible loss for 2014-15 was £6M, so on that basis, I reckon they were over by around £25M. Our comparable excess for 2013-14 was around £62M.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:20 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:15 pm
I believe the piece is referring to Bournemouth settling their dispute by paying the fine.
You may be right but a pretty poor piece of prose

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:59 pm

I don't recall us being offered the opportunity to settle the deal for under £5 million - as both Bournemouth and Leicester have. This while safely tucked up on the Premier League gravy train.

No, wait until we were back in the Championship and start throwing suggestions of a £50 million fine around.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:26 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:59 pm
I don't recall us being offered the opportunity to settle the deal for under £5 million - as both Bournemouth and Leicester have. This while safely tucked up on the Premier League gravy train.

No, wait until we were back in the Championship and start throwing suggestions of a £50 million fine around.
It does seem grossly unfair except I think Leicester and Bournemouth were found to be “ not intending to deceive.” We just ploughed on regardless with no attempt to stay within the rules. This is not to say I'm a fan of FFP, but we were virtually flashing a V sign at the FL.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:05 am

ZENITH R wrote:

Very true... I think this will continue to rumble on and on. Are there now any other clubs with a pending fine hanging over them?
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:13 am

222gers wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:26 pm
ZENITH R wrote:

It does seem grossly unfair except I think Leicester and Bournemouth were found to be “ not intending to deceive.” We just ploughed on regardless with no attempt to stay within the rules. This is not to say I'm a fan of FFP, but we were virtually flashing a V sign at the FL.

My understanding is all three clubs bought players for fees beyond their means, and paid players silly wages they couldn't afford. In our case £70k a week to Joey Barton and £50k a week to SWP as an example. Both Leicester and Bournemouth did similar things. Bournemouth with a stadium capacity of 11,000. So, I think these things are relative.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:09 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:13 am
222gers wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:26 pm
ZENITH R wrote:

My understanding is all three clubs bought players for fees beyond their means, and paid players silly wages they couldn't afford. In our case £70k a week to Joey Barton and £50k a week to SWP as an example. Both Leicester and Bournemouth did similar things. Bournemouth with a stadium capacity of 11,000. So, I think these things are relative.
It's hard to fathom why the FL said Bournemouth had no intention to deceive. There used to be an old saying that ignorance of the law is no excuse. So whether they knew they were breaking the rules or didn't realise ( can't believe that ), they should be as guity as, well, us. Their losses were lower than ours of course hence the smaller penalty.