Where next?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: Where next?

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:06 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:40 am
Well, before we rush to end his QPR career ... how about seeing what Steve M can do with him first.

A change of coach and approach can sometimes work wonders.

I'd keep him, but if we see the same as before in the first 4 months of the season, consider letting him go in January.
This season could prove difficult enough without trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. I would like to see SMC put out the strongest 11 he can in the first four months to try and get us off to a good start and then maybe consider bringing him in, if suitable, to see if you can make a striker out of him. A good start will be utterly imperative if the season isn't to falter before it's started and the Legion of Gloom get into full effect on the social media outlets. It's bad enough as it is now and not a ball has been kicked in anger.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:53 am

Surely he hasn’t got long left on his contract he’s been with us a while now.

Unlike Ned & Robbo it would be nice to get sum sort of return on him if we are to cut our losses.

I made it clear nearly 2yrs ago what I thought about CW & as usual had to fight a lone corner, I said sell him to Blackburn under JFH they made an offer but we kept hold of him.

Anyway I can’t fault the lad for endeavour & work rate it just hasn’t happened for him at QPR, although it really woudnt surprise me if he went somewhere and scored goals in the championship.

Personally he’s way way down on the pecking order to play upfront or in the hole, as for someone suggesting the wing, god I give up with some fans.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:34 am

Washington is indeed worth one last chance with SMC. I remember the Youtube clips that someone posted when we bought him from Posh. Yes, it was a lower division but he looked pretty hot bearing down on goal. Given the shortage of strikers in our price range he could still confound his critics.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:09 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:34 pm
My own curiosity about Washie is at an end - he hasn't done well in any configuration up top. Just for the record, we reportedly paid the same fee for him that we've sold Smithies for. Not a great reflection at both ends is it, business-wise?

I'd cut my losses on him if we can - £1m would be acceptable if we can get it. He needs to move back down a league if we're to one day move up one. Sorry Conor!
Satch wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:34 am
I don't recall it ever being suggested we paid that much for him.
We paid close to £2.8m for Conor.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:34 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:09 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:34 pm
My own curiosity about Washie is at an end - he hasn't done well in any configuration up top. Just for the record, we reportedly paid the same fee for him that we've sold Smithies for. Not a great reflection at both ends is it, business-wise?

I'd cut my losses on him if we can - £1m would be acceptable if we can get it. He needs to move back down a league if we're to one day move up one. Sorry Conor!
Satch wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:34 am
I don't recall it ever being suggested we paid that much for him.
We paid close to £2.8m for Conor.
Exactly - pretty much what we paid for Mike Sheron 21 years ago.