Joe Felix

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Joe Felix

Post by Devonranger » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:40 pm

Tucked in today's news along with the signing is the arrival of Joe Felix, released by Fulham - was the captain of their under 18s and signed up for our under 23's.

Hopefully another one where the club have benefited from the knowledge and work of Chris Ramsey and co.

Good luck Joe!

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: Joe Felix

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:45 pm

A very good signing as he is highly rated and being signed for the academy team will benefit us with FFP. I am unsure how many first team games he would have to play to bring this into question for being a back door route into signing players.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:09 pm

Last short defender I remember us signing from Foolham was a bit above mediocre .....

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:46 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:45 pm
A very good signing as he is highly rated and being signed for the academy team will benefit us with FFP. I am unsure how many first team games he would have to play to bring this into question for being a back door route into signing players.
Honest question as anything about FFP ceases to amaze me but why would this be a back door route into signing players.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:09 am

Spending money on first team players is accounted for in the books wrt FFP AFAIK, and spending on academy players isn't.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:17 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:09 am
Spending money on first team players is accounted for in the books wrt FFP AFAIK, and spending on academy players isn't.
Cheers