Direction

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Direction

Post by ANDREW1302 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:58 pm

It is interesting that Robinson has signed for Forest. They are not that different from us but clearly he sees a club moving forward whereas his view of QPR must of been going nowhere fast. I am always amazed by TF and his tweets. His latest say other owners would of left after they made a total balls up. He now says everything is rosy and we are going in the right direction and we should all support him i assume because he did not walk away from the mess he created by his lonesome. So he believes that by having an academy selling a top class keeper cheaply and not being able to secure two existing players on new contracts who then get snapped up by rivals is positive. To me the truth is he blew all of his investors money , he can't sell because of FFP hanging over us and he is hoping against hope.

Does anyone out there actually think we will be above bottom half of the table? TF must know that too. Instead of just keeping quiet he tweets away assuming we are all fools. That is what annoys me about him, he is simply dishonest.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Direction

Post by dm » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:31 pm

These are interesting days. To be entirely anti or completely pro Fernandes would be too simplistic. There are some good things that have been achieved under him, and the others - QPR in the Community and the Academy being two notables. However, financially we're still in the mire with no perceivable solution to the basic problem: we don't have enough money coming into the club. And our financial problems are set to worsen in season 2019/20 with no parachute payments - the final £10m paid out this coming season.

Tony asks for patience. I for one would be willing to give him that if I could grasp the medium to long term financial plan to which the club is working. I can't. And anyway, patience has worn rather thin given we've waited 6 years for a new training ground and stadium, with the stadium being one of the keys to increasing income.

So our direction remains uncertain at best. And at this point in time, there are genuine concerns it will be in a downward trajectory.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:32 pm

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:58 pm
It is interesting that Robinson has signed for Forest. They are not that different from us but clearly he sees a club moving forward whereas his view of QPR must of been going nowhere fast.
Forest & QPR are in different worlds at the moment.

They’ve spent some serious money already, and no doubt they’ll continue to keep throwing cash at it over the next few weeks. It looks like they’re going to try and do a Wolves next season.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:53 pm

SM wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:32 pm
ANDREW1302 wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:58 pm
It is interesting that Robinson has signed for Forest. They are not that different from us but clearly he sees a club moving forward whereas his view of QPR must of been going nowhere fast.
Forest & QPR are in different worlds at the moment.

They’ve spent some serious money already, and no doubt they’ll continue to keep throwing cash at it over the next few weeks. It looks like they’re going to try and do a Wolves next season.
Forest are ignoring the farce that is FFP and are obviously looking to be this year's Wolves.
Poor old Robinson: a sideways step but at least he's found another team to give him ££££s.
Lex Talionis........

Crabsandwich
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Crabsandwich » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:25 pm

I'm not sure in what world this translates as 'Uncle Tone says everything is rosy'...
Patience over the next few years is all we ask as we bed in a backroom grow the academy. Bring in decent culture. Get the training Ground done. Do a new stadium (very very hard ) . The club has defiantly seen the worse days over and hopefully there is some light
People read what they want to read...

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:11 pm

I did see Tony's tweets and was also going to comment on them here.

I don't blame him at all for the training ground delay, that seems to be down to a few local people having fun at our expense. The new stadium, yes that has been bizarre, all the announcements, artists drawings and the land didn't belong to us and wasn't for sale to us.

A lot of good things are going on at the club now as Tony keeps telling us, the academy, culture, backroom staff etc. Patience is required before we can reap the rewards of our wonderful new club culture.

Tony may as well be talking about yoghurt because none of the above is going to guarantee us footballing success and as for patience, well hello how about the past few seasons? I think we have been patient since Chris Ramsey was appointed manager.

I know FFP is dragging us down but sorry nothing Tony is saying at the moment is really light at the end of the tunnel for me. Just as with our current big group of promising youth players success is not guaranteed, history shows us that we will be lucky if one of them makes it. Since Clive Allen scored a hat trick on his first team debut how many other young players have made encouraging first teams starts and gone on to become first team regulars? Not many.

QPR is my team and will always be my team and sure I will be patient and try to be positive in my outlook but at the moment my biggest wish for the club is that there are three teams worse than us playing in The Championship this coming season.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:25 am

I would love to know the exact FFP position but presume there is some confidentiality aspect on the legal side which prevents this being put out there, especially if there is a deal brokered between both sides.

It's hard for fans to see players like Smithies sold and watch other clubs flounce serious amounts of money - I thought that not so long ago Forest were one of the teams under transfer embargo from FFP?

I am looking forward to seeing what happens with Ingram and Lumley and how regular first team action works for their games - Esox made a good point before about the impact of Gavin Ward as goalkeeping coach and I think he is still with the club?

If Gary Penrice can come up with a couple of decent signings to integrate into the squad, I think we can improve on last season again and I think MSC will surprise a few with the organisation he will bring and the style of football we will play.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:53 am

It seems Forest are emboldened by Wolves' big spending and subsequent promotion and not deterred by Villa's failure to do likewise. Of course with bigger gates than us Forest have a bit more room for transfer spending. With our low income we cannot embark on such a spending spree. FFP has cemented our position as also-rans. A glimmer of hopes consists in our youngsters and keeping them together for as long as possible. It can be done but it won't be easy.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:22 am

Buy a ticket for the games, support the team, come on here and praise/ critique the performance, rinse & repeat. QPR would appear to be a case of adhering to the Serenity Prayer by Reinhold Niebuhr “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.” just maintain ones sanity over the coming season. Life is too short to become embroiled in matters that cause you worry and anxiety.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:50 am

We have lost three of our best players before a ball is kicked.

If there are not seriously impressive purchases then we are in real trouble given last season could have gone either way at one point

If we are 10% weaker than last season I can't see us staying up.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:05 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:22 am
Buy a ticket for the games, support the team, come on here and praise/ critique the performance, rinse & repeat. QPR would appear to be a case of adhering to the Serenity Prayer by Reinhold Niebuhr “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.” just maintain ones sanity over the coming season. Life is too short to become embroiled in matters that cause you worry and anxiety.
On the other hand, didn't his brother say "If you are not outraged, you are not paying attention"? (I made up the thing about it being his brother)

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:55 am

QPR-NI wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:50 am

If there are not seriously impressive purchases then we are in real trouble given last season could have gone either way at one point

And how will it affect you if you have to support a League 1 team? Will you stop going?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:07 am

Some balance for me here is what improvement is there to come from this squad? Just picking two- Pawel and Sylla - there were plenty of comments here last season on better organisation, use of players in the right positions and style of play or formation.

Seems to be scope for improvement in both players and if SMC can coax this out of them, then will be like two new signings.

C F Extremadura
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by C F Extremadura » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:10 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:55 am
QPR-NI wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:50 am

And how will it affect you if you have to support a League 1 team? Will you stop going?
It's not about where we play, but where we dream we can play.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:42 am

England win the World Cup this year or we defy the odds & get promoted this season?

I’ll go with erm.....

erm.....

Good question actually :)