Chris Martin

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Chris Martin

Post by stainrod's elbow » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:03 pm

krama wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:17 pm
Satch wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:53 pm
krama wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:48 pm

I'll tell what I will be doing....IF Chris Martin signs, I will give him a fair crack of the whip before slagging him off! :wink:
Fair enough, but he isn't an unknown quantity, it's not unreasonable for people who've seen him play to not really fancy signing him.
This is my point exactly though....as long as SMC fancies signing him to play, that's good enough for me and should be good enough for the fans. It matters not one iota what the fans think of Mr Martin or any player that is signed for that matter, its what the manager and the club thinks of a player that matters. Just being the voice of reason. :wink:
Are you for real? I hope to God that's an ironic emoticon!
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:23 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:03 pm
krama wrote:
Satch wrote:

Fair enough, but he isn't an unknown quantity, it's not unreasonable for people who've seen him play to not really fancy signing him.
This is my point exactly though....as long as SMC fancies signing him to play, that's good enough for me and should be good enough for the fans. It matters not one iota what the fans think of Mr Martin or any player that is signed for that matter, its what the manager and the club thinks of a player that matters. Just being the voice of reason. :wink:
Of course! Why shouldn't I be eh? So what on earth can YOU do about qpr signing a player you don't agree with...nothing that's what!! The manager knows more about players than you ever could....you are the worst culprit on here for slagging off players, management and everything about the club you purport to support!
And no that was NOT an ironic emoticon! This forum needs the voice of reason to neutralise the likes of yourself:lol:

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:37 pm

krama wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:23 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:
krama wrote:

Of course! Why shouldn't I be eh? So what on earth can YOU do about qpr signing a player you don't agree with...nothing that's what!! The manager knows more about players than you ever could....you are the worst culprit on here for slagging off players, management and everything about the club you purport to support!
And no that was NOT an ironic emoticon! This forum needs the voice of reason to neutralise the likes of yourself:lol:
Then you're beyond help, probably! You no doubt think loving a person means telling them they're right, no matter what! So managers, chairmen and clubs never get it wrong!? I've been watching QPR for four decades. Do you really think I know nothing? Go and get a shot of self-esteem before I throw up!

How many more times - criticality is a function of love!

McClaren's got more failed jobs on his CV than you could shake a stick at, so I'm entitled to be sceptical about his appointment, as any intelligent person would be. You, apparently, are not an intelligent person - never ask questions, never challenge consensus, trust in 'the professionals'! Consider my case rested!

The 'voice of reason' - give me a break! In short, grow up!

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:40 pm

Buy a mirror.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:46 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:37 pm
krama wrote:
stainrod's elbow wrote:

Then you're beyond help, probably! You no doubt think loving a person means telling them they're right, no matter what! So managers, chairmen and clubs never get it wrong!? I've been watching QPR for four decades. Do you really think I know nothing? Go and get a shot of self-esteem before I throw up!

McClaren's got more failed jobs on his CV than you could shake a stick at, so I'm entitled to be sceptical about his appointment, as any intelligent person would be. You, apparently, are not an intelligent person - never ask questions, never challenge consensus, trust in 'the professionals'! Consider my case rested!

Hahahaha calm down mate, its not worth getting THAT upset about....this is just football, get a grip... :lol:
This/you are the reason I don't post very much here.....far too serious. :roll:
Back to reading and lurking only for me I think. Knew I shouldn't have got involved in this thread. aniwall Bye!

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:04 pm

So watching football for a while makes you know as much if not more about the game than professionals ?

You'd wonder why all those clubs waste all that money when you could just lift any 50 year old fan off the street and get the same result.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:13 pm

Suck it & see fellas gonna be interesting to see how we shape come early Aug, we have some decent prospects we have three out of the five big hitters left imo, I mean the biggest thing if it does go tits up early is the Ollie sacking will come into question again.

I’m open minded with schteve but I will say one thing, if it goes really bad really quickly he strikes me as the type to get really really cringe worthy on post match interviews & we could grow to think what a clown.

BUT I wish him luck I hope he can get us playing we are in transition still, we have an uncertain future, no real pressure to achieve much more than survival & enthusiasm on the pitch so let’s see.

Stainrod you sound like the new me, honestly mate you’ve earned your stripes with 4 decades of support just chill go with the flow & please believe me if this one goes wrong & we lose more big players there will be thousands waving there arms at Les & the board not just you.

Enjoy July enjoy England’s easy route to the semi’s shifty & come early Aug we’ll be back to business.

It’s not worth getting worked up about, we still have a club still play in the hoops let’s just hold tight & See what happens over the coming months.

I’m sure when the first ball hits the back of the opposition net down at LR you’ll get that smile back on your face.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:46 pm

Keep posting Krama, you have as much right as anyone to post your opinions and the more opinions the better.

I don't know why you are all getting excited about Chris Martin, I doubt he would fit in to our 2018 transfer policy. If he did then he would likely eat most of our budget up.

Just wait until July 1st when we start announcing our hidden gem signings. Hidden gems are exactly that and the first we hear about them is when the signing is announced by the club without the usual 'Sky Sports understands' beforehand.

DBHoops
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by DBHoops » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:55 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:13 pm
Suck it & see fellas gonna be interesting to see how we shape come early Aug, we have some decent prospects we have three out of the five big hitters left imo, I mean the biggest thing if it does go tits up early is the Ollie sacking will come into question again.

I’m open minded with schteve but I will say one thing, if it goes really bad really quickly he strikes me as the type to get really really cringe worthy on post match interviews & we could grow to think what a clown.

BUT I wish him luck I hope he can get us playing we are in transition still, we have an uncertain future, no real pressure to achieve much more than survival & enthusiasm on the pitch so let’s see.

Stainrod you sound like the new me, honestly mate you’ve earned your stripes with 4 decades of support just chill go with the flow & please believe me if this one goes wrong & we lose more big players there will be thousands waving there arms at Les & the board not just you.

Enjoy July enjoy England’s easy route to the semi’s shifty & come early Aug we’ll be back to business.

It’s not worth getting worked up about, we still have a club still play in the hoops let’s just hold tight & See what happens over the coming months.

I’m sure when the first ball hits the back of the opposition net down at LR you’ll get that smile back on your face.
*standing ovation*

Fantastic post. And Krama, don’t let the attitude and arrogance of certain people stop you from posting. I for one have enjoyed your posts. Don’t be bullied away

aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap

DBHoops
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by DBHoops » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:09 am

stainrod's elbow wrote:
krama wrote:
stainrod's elbow wrote:

I know you told me yesterday not to respond to you. But, I can’t help it..this is the biggest pile of nonsense I have read on any mesageboard. Your arrogance is astounding. watching QPR for decades does not make you an expert, any more than anyone else on dot org. Nor does it give you the right to insult people whose views differ to you.

You want to tell people to grow up? Let’s talk about your conspiracy theory that Lee Hoos and Les Ferdinand are here to asset strip and ruin the club? Really? Based on what? Let’s have facts, not conjecture, or shut up about it and stop being so aggressive to others who do not share your view. If you’ve been watching QPR for so long, the.n you’re old enough to know better

krama, don’t let this blowhard stop you from posting. Why should a gobshite bully stop you from having your say.

And Stainrod, don’t like me responding, then complain to admin and let them ban me or take yourself over to fantasy island...

Much love x

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:03 am

krama wrote:
Satch wrote:
krama wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:48 pm

I'll tell what I will be doing....IF Chris Martin signs, I will give him a fair crack of the whip before slagging him off! :wink:
Not sure how long you've supported QPR but a few years ago we had a manager: Redknapp, Henry James; he had some thoughts about who we should and shouldn't sign.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:47 am

Satch wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:03 am
Not sure how long you've supported QPR but a few years ago we had a manager: Redknapp, Henry James; he had some thoughts about who we should and shouldn't sign.
Get me Mike Sheron and I will get you promotion.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:59 am

Rob Hulse? 8)
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:01 pm

QPR-NI wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:04 pm
So watching football for a while makes you know as much if not more about the game than professionals ?

You'd wonder why all those clubs waste all that money when you could just lift any 50 year old fan off the street and get the same result.
Did I say I knew more than professionals? Go and misread someone else!

I said I don't know nothing, i.e. I know something. Having said that, I expect double negatives are a little too tricky for your clearly less than attentive mind. But, yes, shock horror, sometimes managers can be wrong and fans can be right.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:41 pm

DBHoops wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:09 am
stainrod's elbow wrote:
krama wrote:

I know you told me yesterday not to respond to you. But, I can’t help it..this is the biggest pile of nonsense I have read on any mesageboard. Your arrogance is astounding. watching QPR for decades does not make you an expert, any more than anyone else on dot org. Nor does it give you the right to insult people whose views differ to you.

You want to tell people to grow up? Let’s talk about your conspiracy theory that Lee Hoos and Les Ferdinand are here to asset strip and ruin the club? Really? Based on what? Let’s have facts, not conjecture, or shut up about it and stop being so aggressive to others who do not share your view. If you’ve been watching QPR for so long, the.n you’re old enough to know better

krama, don’t let this blowhard stop you from posting. Why should a gobshite bully stop you from having your say.

And Stainrod, don’t like me responding, then complain to admin and let them ban me or take yourself over to fantasy island...

Much love x
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn! whistle

Though I will just say that the thesis that anything McClaren (or any manager) does 'should' be good enough for supporters really takes the biscuit.