The Exodus continues

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: The Exodus continues

Post by Rbee » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:36 pm

I thought he had more than one school? I have seen them advertised around Newbury, Hungerford, Tetbury.

Cait
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Cait » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:39 pm

Sorry but good riddance. He took his time with an answer and quite clearly didn't want to stay. Don't get me wrong he was a good defender but was always injured. I want players who want to play for QPR.

northernr
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by northernr » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:42 pm

Would that have been from Charlie's horse?
I own two of them with him

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:45 pm

northernr wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:42 pm
Would that have been from Charlie's horse?
I own two of them with him
Front or back halves?

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:44 pm

northernr wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:23 pm
There were rumours that Austin manoeuvred his transfer to Soton as it was near his football school
set up after..he wanted Prem football as he was on verge of England squad, location was not a problem as he lived in Newbury close to his horses and his best mate...I can assure you this was the reason from the horses mouth
Thank you, it was a while back and I was going from memory, after you posted that I remembered that it was his horses that was his off field distraction. The move didn't really do much for his England career either. 8)
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:01 pm

Quality player but has to be said, in the end a physio's favourite and just another mercenary who's bled the club. Hard but fair.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

ActonArthur
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by ActonArthur » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:05 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:44 pm
northernr wrote:
There were rumours that Austin manoeuvred his transfer to Soton as it was near his football school
set up after..he wanted Prem football as he was on verge of England squad, location was not a problem as he lived in Newbury close to his horses and his best mate...I can assure you this was the reason from the horses mouth
Thank you, it was a while back and I was going from memory, after you posted that I remembered that it was his horses that was his off field distraction. The move didn't really do much for his England career either. 8)
I would think the fact that he was practically on a Bosman and was able to negotiate the bulk of what would have been the transfer fee into his wage deal would have a lot to do with it. the location was an incidental preferred location, were it not Soton it would have somewhere else and it is rather naïve to think otherwise. I can't say I blame him either, most / many players would do the same if they were given the contractual wriggle room to pull it off.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:05 pm

...good player who was given all the time to recover from his long term injures....I am not surprised he is leaving though....

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:52 pm

Still can't help laughing when I remember our fans when playing Spuds in the Premier League were singing to Harry Kane "Your just a sh1t Charlie Austin".... when he then promptly scored from a set piece...

Robinson? meh....One half good season out of four..... and a potential sick note.... No thanks

Lets give the yoof a chance.... Lynch and Bidwell are experienced enough to be captain or maybe even Scowen or Mass perhaps?
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:17 pm

Cait wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:39 pm
Sorry but good riddance. He took his time with an answer and quite clearly didn't want to stay. Don't get me wrong he was a good defender but was always injured. I want players who want to play for QPR.
Exactly Cait. He released a BS statement claiming we hadn't spoken to him about a new contract at all as well. No way was it worth extending his highly paid contract.
Lex Talionis........

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:55 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:44 pm
northernr wrote:
Do you mean Austin's actual horses (they can talk!?) or idiomatically speaking? :shock:
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:02 pm

Well the last player I remember turning down a good offer to try his luck elsewhere was Akos somebody or other :D that didn't work out so well due to an injury so let's see how JR fares.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:53 pm

Cait wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:39 pm
nailonhead

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:08 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:05 pm
Well maybe, but they can't really win there. Contracts are either too long or too short, never just about right in the eyes of supporters.

I'm not sure what the fuss is about Robinson. He's been here 4 years and managed one decent season, and even then only played 28 league games. Should we really have broken the bank to keep him ?
nailonhead

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:22 pm

Montag wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:01 pm
Quality player but has to be said, in the end a physio's favourite and just another mercenary who's bled the club. Hard but fair.
Is he a mercenary?
Club offer him a set salary,
Club send him out on loan
Player suffers a serious injury on loan
Player still expects his contracted salary.
Player comes back from injury and is told he's not in the managers plans
Player has good season and decides he doesn't want to stay here.

I don't think he's done anything wrong there. It would be lovely if he'd turned around and said he'll play for the club for whatever we offer because he'd been injured but i don't think he should have to. His life, his career i'm sure he can get more money and potentially play at a higher standard elsewhere. I think that's what most people would do in this situation with their own work. Just because we love the club doesn't mean the players do or have to. I don't think he delayed his recovery and he always gave his all on the pitch, not sure what else is reasonable to expect.

The club couldn't have won with this one, if they'd offered him a new contract at the start of the season without evidence he could stay injury free and after the manager said he wouldn't be in his plans there would have outrage amongst fans.