The Exodus continues

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

The Exodus continues

Post by old pauline » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:04 am

Come on you Sooopa ........

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: The Exodus continues

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:06 am

Didn’t realise he was out of contract Jesus that was clever letting it go this long.

Smithies & Robbo off I’m now starting to sit up & get concerned.

ActonArthur
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by ActonArthur » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:28 am

I’m surprised he didn’t want the chance to work with such a highly rated new manager.

Two key defenders gone already. Our best player last season soon to go in the cheap..

Going well this season so far.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:35 am

We'll need to find a leader on the pitch from somewhere. All three of Robbo, Smithies and Ned helped to run a tight ship at the back and I'm not sure that any of Ingram/Lumley, Furlong, Bidwell, Hall or Lynch could do that over the course of a season.
Come on you Sooopa ........

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:47 am

ActonArthur wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:28 am
I’m surprised he didn’t want the chance to work with such a highly rated new manager.

Two key defenders gone already. Our best player last season soon to go in the cheap..

Do you think he would have stayed if Holloway was still there then ?

He was out of contract, they made him a good offer and he turned it down. Onouha was also out of contract and wanted to go back up North. I can't see how either of those situations are really the club's fault.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:51 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:47 am
ActonArthur wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:28 am

Do you think he would have stayed if Holloway was still there then ?

He was out of contract, they made him a good offer and he turned it down. Onouha was also out of contract and wanted to go back up North. I can't see how either of those situations are really the club's fault.
I think the club could be considered at fault is letting contract run down. Other clubs seem to do better.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:05 pm

Well maybe, but they can't really win there. Contracts are either too long or too short, never just about right in the eyes of supporters.

I'm not sure what the fuss is about Robinson. He's been here 4 years and managed one decent season, and even then only played 28 league games. Should we really have broken the bank to keep him ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:06 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:51 am
I think the club could be considered at fault is letting contract run down. Other clubs seem to do better.
I was thinking the same John but wondered if his injury record played a part in the delay. Les says ''We made him a very attractive offer'' but of course we don't know how a 'very attractive offer' from QPR compares to offers other clubs can make.

northernr
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by northernr » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:07 pm

He had been out with a long term injury..I assume they offered him around Jan when he had established more..or did you want him sign say a 5 year deal in 2017 and then find he was out again long term with his injury...and us paying money for nothing

ActonArthur
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by ActonArthur » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:11 pm

If it were a single item in isolation, I don't think I would have an issue with it. however, it is one of a number where it appears not to have been managed well. this is why I am slightly concerned. I think the Smithies is the one which concerns me most as it is only the back end of last season where Tony said we don't need to sell any players. That would be nice but as well as just selling our prized asset, we are selling him for half his true value. As with Austin, if we are a selling club, at least maximize the value of the assets we are selling.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:15 pm

There were rumours that Austin manoeuvred his transfer to Soton as it was near his football school and the club had it's hands tied somewhat.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:18 pm

Rbee wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:06 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:51 am
I was thinking the same John but wondered if his injury record played a part in the delay. Les says ''We made him a very attractive offer'' but of course we don't know how a 'very attractive offer' from QPR compares to offers other clubs can make.
Quite! Mr Robinson obviously didn't feel very attracted either way. I had mixed feelings about him, but at least there's now a decision on his future. If you add that in to all his time out with injuries, and his 40 games in four years, I can probably live with this outcome. Will be interested to see what fruit his attempt to 'test the market', in Les's lingo, yields. I'd be surprised if he and his agent don't have other offers on the table.

If Smithies does go to the Sheep shaggers for a paltry three or four million quid, though, I'd be really pissed off.

If he, Robbo and Ned are all now off, they'll all need replacing with good quality/experience - especially the keeper. If it weren't for him, we'd be playing in league One next season - no question. But I'm not holding my breath.

There's only so much the coach can do with what he's got, especially if we weaken the squad. And I think it could go either way with McClaren and his mixed CV.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:21 pm

ActonArthur wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:11 pm
If it were a single item in isolation, I don't think I would have an issue with it. however, it is one of a number where it appears not to have been managed well. this is why I am slightly concerned. I think the Smithies is the one which concerns me most as it is only the back end of last season where Tony said we don't need to sell any players. That would be nice but as well as just selling our prized asset, we are selling him for half his true value. As with Austin, if we are a selling club, at least maximize the value of the assets we are selling.
When/where did he say that? Even by his fan-pleasing standards, it's off the Uncle Tony Richter scale of credibility. It's also the direct inverse of Hoos' delight, stated at a recent Fans' Forum, in us being a selling club. A bit worrying to say the least if the two of them are now singing from completely opposite songsheets.

O well, we are/this is QPR etc.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

northernr
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by northernr » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:23 pm

There were rumours that Austin manoeuvred his transfer to Soton as it was near his football school
set up after..he wanted Prem football as he was on verge of England squad, location was not a problem as he lived in Newbury close to his horses and his best mate...I can assure you this was the reason from the horses mouth

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:33 pm

northernr wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:23 pm
There were rumours that Austin manoeuvred his transfer to Soton as it was near his football school
set up after..he wanted Prem football as he was on verge of England squad, location was not a problem as he lived in Newbury close to his horses and his best mate...I can assure you this was the reason from the horses mouth
Would that have been from Charlie's horse?
🤔
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.