Could we go down this year?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Could we go down this year?

Post by Rbee » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:43 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:28 pm
Well if we are so short of cash we need to accept £4M for Smithies then we could well lose our best players then all bets are off
I would hope that this cash would be reinvested in the squad. £4M in and £4M out should not affect our FFP standing. The squad needs strengthening and selling is the only way can achieve that within the FFP rules. I think!

Danish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Danish Ranger » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:51 am

Turn back time exactly one year and consider what sort of answer You would have received from Sunderland fans !

The fantastic thing about the Championship is, that it is - contrary to the PL - so unpredictable

Unless we strengthen the squad in key areas, we could be in trouble

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:06 am

Rbee wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:43 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Well if we are so short of cash we need to accept £4M for Smithies then we could well lose our best players then all bets are off
I would hope that this cash would be reinvested in the squad. £4M in and £4M out should not affect our FFP standing. The squad needs strengthening and selling is the only way can achieve that within the FFP rules. I think!
I strongly doubt that the full £4m will be reinvested in the squad. McLaren will be lucky to see half of that money IMO.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:59 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:11 pm
3 or 4 solid players will cost solid money, I’m not holding out much hope for incomings, last season was very lucky getting Freeman & Scowen not sure we could get that lucky again.

Who knows what’s going on behind the scenes & who knows what the season will hold for us, not sure there is much left to surprise us anyomore.
Strange that it's seen as "lucky" when we sign good players cheaply, but when Brentford do it, it's part of some masterplan that Evil Les and his partners in crime could never conceive of in their wildest dreams.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:12 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:59 am
westlondonlalala wrote:
3 or 4 solid players will cost solid money, I’m not holding out much hope for incomings, last season was very lucky getting Freeman & Scowen not sure we could get that lucky again.

Who knows what’s going on behind the scenes & who knows what the season will hold for us, not sure there is much left to surprise us anyomore.
Strange that it's seen as "lucky" when we sign good players cheaply, but when Brentford do it, it's part of some masterplan that Evil Les and his partners in crime could never conceive of in their wildest dreams.
I couldn’t talk about Brentford & Qpr’s transfer dealings in the same breath, In recent years they’ve made enough profit to fund a new stadium whilst we’ve nearly gone under.

Although I must say we seem to be getting better.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:35 am

Rbee wrote:
QPR_John wrote:

If we have to sell before we can buy to keep withing FFP rules that suggest all the allowable debt goes on the day to day running of the club not a very good position to be in.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:47 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:12 am
UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:59 am
westlondonlalala wrote:

I couldn’t talk about Brentford & Qpr’s transfer dealings in the same breath, In recent years they’ve made enough profit to fund a new stadium whilst we’ve nearly gone under.

Although I must say we seem to be getting better.
They're undoubtedly better than us in their transfer dealings, but I don't think that's reason to write off our good signings as lucky. And Brentford as a club still lose money every year.

Spencer
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Spencer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:02 am

There is potential within our squad.However, this and maybe next year is going to be much the same as last season.Slight improvement on players coming into squad.Youngsters getting more game time and improving.

It;s a bit like England Squad at the moment. For years we have been crying out for an England team team that builds from back and doesn't hoof the ball forward.For the first team in many tournaments , we are through to next round with a game to spare.If we can get past the last 16...thats in improvement for England...

We have some useful young players at LR and with the right coaching and belief and support from the fans, i feel we can improve over next couple of seasons to become QPR team that we can once again believe in.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:19 am

Spencer wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:02 am
There is potential within our squad.However, this and maybe next year is going to be much the same as last season.Slight improvement on players coming into squad.Youngsters getting more game time and improving.

It;s a bit like England Squad at the moment. For years we have been crying out for an England team team that builds from back and doesn't hoof the ball forward.For the first team in many tournaments , we are through to next round with a game to spare.If we can get past the last 16...thats in improvement for England...

We have some useful young players at LR and with the right coaching and belief and support from the fans, i feel we can improve over next couple of seasons to become QPR team that we can once again believe in.
How many of those young players will be off before we can become a QPR team we can believe in as you put it. Ive always worn the rosiest of rose tinted specs but the Smithies deal has really knocked me back not that he is going but the price

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:22 am

QPR_John wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:19 am
How many of those young players will be off before we can become a QPR team we can believe in as you put it. Ive always worn the rosiest of rose tinted specs but the Smithies deal has really knocked me back not that he is going but the price
Yeah, I've always noticed that about you :lol:

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:33 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:22 am
QPR_John wrote:
Yeah, I've always noticed that about you :lol:
What can I say we all have our cross to carry

Spencer
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Spencer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:36 am

QPR_John wrote:
Spencer wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:02 am

Don't know
Expected Smithies to go
Expected Robinson to go
Expect Luongo might go

Expect a few of our decent youngsters to go

We are here for the picking...clubs know what position we are in....so

There is ufkc all i can do about it....i could moan..but that doesn't seem to get me anywhere these days...so
I have no rose tinted specs on....just going to deal with whats thrown at me...and carry on..which is what i have been doing since 1967

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:47 am

QPR_John wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:35 am
Rbee wrote:
QPR_John wrote:

If we have to sell before we can buy to keep withing FFP rules that suggest all the allowable debt goes on the day to day running of the club not a very good position to be in.
Going back to the Les thread where he said "If we're able to bring in a couple of free transfers, maybe we'll have to send some out on loan.'' That really does show how tight our finances are.

As for our promising youngsters many seem to think that most if not all of them will make the grade which I am afraid is highly unlikely. How many youngsters in the past have made wonderful debuts and promising starts only to fade away and leave the club.