Shivers down my spine......

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: ZENITH R, Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Shivers down my spine......

Post by Stans left foot » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:18 am

I'm on hols at present, while Mrs Stans left Foot gets her toes brown and I sit here thinking......

I'm sure we're doing our best to recruit from when and where ever we can get the best value....

but as I sit here sunning myself I suddenly thought..the last time we bought a centre half of note :shock:

Bob Malcolm :shock:

Who can forget that unified cry as the ball came over and spiraled towards his head, only for all of us in union announce " bloody hell, he can't jump"

and there friend starts the riddle, as a set about replacing the bulk of our back four, its frankly frightening, get it wrong and we're doomed, - if you get the midfield or attack balance wrong that's one thing you can live with, juggle and replace/substitute players during a game to fix, but defence?

So, here I sit, frankly, worried.
I'm also worried on the basis that time is pressing and whilst the squad aren't back in training yet none the less you'd have thought with the backroom brains we have they must have a shortlist - not least, the fact we knew we wouldn't be renewing a few contracts so replacements must have been considered 3 odd months ago?

( Sorry for bringing the Bob Malcolm moment up again, but, 20 odd years later, it still makes me shiver ) :D :D
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Shivers down my spine......

Post by dm » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:42 am

I remember the Bob Malcolm 'header' moment well as it happened close to the Ellerslie stand where I sat at the time. You're right it was an extraordinary moment and one still occasionally hear mentioned by Rs supporters with a mix of horror and mirth.

But it would have been sometime in the winter of 2007, so not quite 20 odd years ago. Fortunately, he was only on loan and returned to Derby in January 2008 not long after being found guilty of drink driving.

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:46 am

that's the Badger, OK maybe not 20 years but its aged me. :wink:
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:51 pm

Chris Samba against Fulham away sent a shiver down my spine. How we ever made a profit on his transfer out of Loftus Road will remain one of life's great mysteries.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:32 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:51 pm
Chris Samba against Fulham away sent a shiver down my spine. How we ever made a profit on his transfer out of Loftus Road will remain one of life's great mysteries.
Profit? Didn't he leave for what we paid for him - less the wages?

QPR1976
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR1976 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:16 pm

Nope. In £12m ! Out £12.5m allegedly, a cool £1/2m profit which wouldn’t have covered his wages for much more than a month....(also allegedly !)

RType
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by RType » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:21 pm

QPR1976 wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:16 pm
Nope. In £12m ! Out £12.5m allegedly, a cool £1/2m profit which wouldn’t have covered his wages for much more than a month....(also allegedly !)
And I wonder how much of those fees went to agents ethink

Harry got a couple of very nice envelopes out of that one I reckon.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:42 am

RType wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:21 pm
QPR1976 wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:16 pm
And I wonder how much of those fees went to agents ethink

Harry got a couple of very nice envelopes out of that one I reckon.
Be fair now. It's a well known fact that Rosie handled all the financials :triffic
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?