Bircham Leaves

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

northernr
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Bircham Leaves

Post by northernr » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:47 am

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Bircham Leaves

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:35 am

That's a very gracious statement from him. The club offered him a role, so hopefully no one can say he's been poorly treated. It seems to have been handled as well as can be expected in the circumstances.

Good luck to him. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:55 pm

Hope noone posts that Bircham eats shoots and leaves.

W12Allstars
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by W12Allstars » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:26 pm

I believe they just did!
Far better is it to dare mighty things, than to dwell in the twighlight that knows neither victory nor defeat - T Roosevelt

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:29 pm

You've both lost me! ethink
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:01 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:29 pm
You've both lost me! ethink
It's a reference to the Lynne Trusse book Eats, Shoots and Leaves.

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:49 am

Is it not also similar to the old joke, Nut screws washers, and bolts?

Sad to see Bircham go, and we know he's sad to leave, but if this "team" McLaren's put together works out - with their history and experience , it could be good.

Having said that, if it's not working by end of November it could also be a totally gigantic expensive balls up. Change for what we'll all be saying, still, footy always was/is risky.
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:10 am

Not sure I agree with his statement of left the club in a better position than we found it, really?

But all the same life long rangers fan (Millwall tat aside) obviously like Ollie he has the club at heart Although birch looked like a Sunday league gaffer at times with his snood giving it large.

Good luck birch.

ActonArthur
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by ActonArthur » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:13 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:10 am
Not sure I agree with his statement of left the club in a better position than we found it, really?

But all the same life long rangers fan (Millwall tat aside) obviously like Ollie he has the club at heart Although birch looked like a Sunday league gaffer at times with his snood giving it large.

Good luck birch.
Laughable.

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:41 am

westlondonlalala wrote:

Good luck birch.
Replaced by a man who has only been in the non-league coaching game. 👍 🙈
QPR & Ireland

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:37 am

Barry wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:41 am
westlondonlalala wrote:

Good luck birch.
A fair point. However, you could argue that Bircham's only significant roles have come through his QPR connections with Jackett and Holloway. Gardiner's playing career was largely at non-league level, and his connections probably reflect that.

Only time will tell whether he can carry off a snood or not though.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:46 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:37 am
Barry wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:

Good luck birch.
A fair point. However, you could argue that Bircham's only significant roles have come through his QPR connections with Jackett and Holloway. Gardiner's playing career was largely at non-league level, and his connections probably reflect that.

Arsene Wenger's playing career was entirely at a lower level. He didn't get anywhere near the top flight, or the national side as a player.

If you have the knowledge, skill and application, it doesn't matter.

Of course, like everyone else on here I know little about either of the new coaches. So I'm hoping they have got what it takes.

Here's a thought though ... let's give them a chance.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:14 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:46 am
UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:37 am
Barry wrote:

Arsene Wenger's playing career was entirely at a lower level. He didn't get anywhere near the top flight, or the national side as a player.

If you have the knowledge, skill and application, it doesn't matter.

Of course, like everyone else on here I know little about either of the new coaches. So I'm hoping they have got what it takes.

Here's a thought though ... let's give them a chance.
They've taken over from Holloway and Bircham so there are some who will never give them a chance

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:00 am

That’s tosh. A football fan that doesn’t respond positively to good results is a very rare thing.

I’m sure the majority will support the new management and give them a chance to improve the team, even if they have reservations about Ollie’s sacking.

If they don’t improve things, it’s right that questions are asked about the decision to remove the last management team on the basis that they had proven they could steady the ship and show incremental improvement on a shoe string budget.

But I agree with you, those that don’t support the new management are cutting off their nose to spite their face. I just don’t think there are very many of them.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:31 pm

aniclap
stainesranger wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:00 am
That’s tosh. A football fan that doesn’t respond positively to good results is a very rare thing.

I’m sure the majority will support the new management and give them a chance to improve the team, even if they have reservations about Ollie’s sacking.

If they don’t improve things, it’s right that questions are asked about the decision to remove the last management team on the basis that they had proven they could steady the ship and show incremental improvement on a shoe string budget.

But I agree with you, those that don’t support the new management are cutting off their nose to spite their face. I just don’t think there are very many of them.
aniclap x 100
Come on you Sooopa ........