Les Ferdinand admits he will need to sell QPR stars to fund summer additions

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Les Ferdinand admits he will need to sell QPR stars to fund summer additions

Post by Rbee » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:57 pm

Les Ferdinand has admitted that QPR could be forced to offload some senior stars to fund their transfer activity this summer.

The Hoops are battling to fall in line with Financial Fair Play regulations, and speaking to Football.London, Ferdinand said that his focus is on carrying out 'smart' transactions in the transfer market.

He said: "We're still very much governed by Financial Fair Play so we're still in the situation where we can't go out and be frivolous with what we do. We know we need to bring in a few players and that may mean we need to lose a couple of the ones we've got here just to be able to finance the ones coming in because we're unable to go out and spend.

In any other capacity we're unable to spend; I can't say we're able to go out and spend £5million, £6million or £7million because that will take us above the Financial Fair Play threshold again so it's about being smart in what we do and how we do it."

He added: "If we're able to bring in a couple of free transfers, maybe we'll have to send some out on loan.''

"Gary Penrice and his team are doing a fantastic job going around and they have done over the last 12-18 months, going around looking at people that could be available and seeing what we can do. We're going to have to look at all aspects of what we're doing, and if we get offers for whoever then we'll have to look at it and whether it's beneficial for the football club or not. "We've been like that for the last couple of years - it's been well-documented that that's where we are and that's what we need to do."

QPR have already agreed to offload a number of high-earning senior stars this summer including Nedum Onuoha, James Perch and Jamie Mackie.
While they played their role both on and off the pitch, Ferdinand insisted it was time for the club to progress. "It's important for us moving forward," Ferdinand said. "We've got a young squad and when the likes of Perch and Onuoha were brought in it was the help the squad that we had.''

"We had some good youngsters around and we needed some good citizens around them to help them progress and they've come in and served a purpose, and like most football clubs, you move on.

Football.London

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Les Ferdinand admits he will need to sell QPR stars to fund summer additions

Post by Rbee » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:09 pm

The more you read about Financial Fair Play the more it seems illegal to me. Don't get me wrong I get the idea behind it but it's simply wrong. In the context of our club surely it's Trade Restrictive especially bearing in mind how out of kilter it is with the rules governing The Premier League. You could argue that FFP is partly responsible for keeping our club mid table in The Championship.

The wealthier clubs have always fared better results wise even before there were professional leagues, that's the way of the world. But football changes and football clubs wealth varies from season to season. Blackburn Rovers won the league because of a wealthy benefactor, Leicester did so well winning the league but had a few quid behind them. FFP now restricts such unexpected success.

"If we're able to bring in a couple of free transfers, maybe we'll have to send some out on loan.'' :evil: Seriously?

deepseahoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Les Ferdinand admits he will need to sell QPR stars to fund summer additions

Post by deepseahoop » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:17 pm

Agreed its anything but Fair
Crying won't help you praying won't do you no good

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:28 pm

Is it just me or does anyone else get a shudder of fear & apprehension by the thought of Les Sh*t for brains Ferdinand having an input in decision making around our club.

Closely followed by that yank tw*t!

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:43 pm

Nothing in this statement that we were unaware of really. We just have to hope we can pull off the odd coup in the transfer market. We've done a bit better in the last year or so.

patrickqpr
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by patrickqpr » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:25 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:28 pm
Is it just me or does anyone else get a shudder of fear & apprehension by the thought of Les Sh*t for brains Ferdinand having an input in decision making around our club.

I am fairly sure Stainrods Elbow agrees with you about Les ad Hoos.

IMO they are doing OK.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:03 pm

Rbee wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:09 pm
The more you read about Financial Fair Play the more it seems illegal to me. Don't get me wrong I get the idea behind it but it's simply wrong. In the context of our club surely it's Trade Restrictive especially bearing in mind how out of kilter it is with the rules governing The Premier League. You could argue that FFP is partly responsible for keeping our club mid table in The Championship.

The wealthier clubs have always fared better results wise even before there were professional leagues, that's the way of the world. But football changes and football clubs wealth varies from season to season. Blackburn Rovers won the league because of a wealthy benefactor, Leicester did so well winning the league but had a few quid behind them. FFP now restricts such unexpected success.

"If we're able to bring in a couple of free transfers, maybe we'll have to send some out on loan.'' :evil: Seriously?
Could not agree more

"I can't say we're able to go out and spend £5million, £6million or £7million because that will take us above the Financial Fair Play threshold again "

That seems to suggest sending on that scale is possible financially but we are being stopped by an arbitrary rule. Until our income increases we will always be in this position.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:19 pm

patrickqpr wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:25 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:

IMO they are doing OK.
I'll speak for myself. I do worry about Les's performance accountability, plus the 'insulatory Ready Brek' effect of his having been a great player for the club. The next year or so really will show how the pudding gets eaten.

As for LH, the fact that he's American (and hence doesn't have a long historical/cultural familiarity with English football) is apparently unmentionable. He did appear to do OK at Burnley, but I don't particularly take to him, nor like the look of him or some of the thing he says. He's also just ignorant about certain things that matter in contemporary football culture - e.,g. telling us rail seats are a 1 for 1 deal where it comes to safe standing's impact on ground capacity. Like most of the money men at the club, for me, he has his agenda, and, like a politician, fits his 'evidence' around it. So I keep an especially critical eye in my head, for example, when he keeps pushing and pushing his propaganda about the necessity of leaving LR.

If we do see real and steady improvements on and off the field over the next couple of seasons (training ground, attractive football, a properly balanced transfer policy, sustainable investment), I'll be happy to masticate my words. But they've all made such a balls-up of manager/player recruitment, the finances and general PR so often over the years I expect less and less as time goes on.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:38 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:19 pm
patrickqpr wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:25 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:

IMO they are doing OK.
I'll speak for myself. I do worry about Les's performance accountability, plus the 'insulatory Ready Brek' effect of his having been a great player for the club. The next year or so really will show how the pudding gets eaten.

As for LH, the fact that he's American (and hence doesn't have a long historical/cultural familiarity with English football) is apparently unmentionable. He did appear to do OK at Burnley, but I don't particularly take to him, nor like the look of him or some of the thing he says. He's also just ignorant about certain things that matter in contemporary football culture - e.,g. telling us rail seats are a 1 for 1 deal where it comes to safe standing's impact on ground capacity. Like most of the money men at the club, for me, he has his agenda, and, like a politician, fits his 'evidence' around it. So I keep an especially critical eye in my head, for example, when he keeps pushing and pushing his propaganda about the necessity of leaving LR.

If we do see real and steady improvements on and off the field over the next couple of seasons (training ground, attractive football, a properly balanced transfer policy, sustainable investment), I'll be happy to masticate my words. But they've all made such a balls-up of manager/player recruitment, the finances and general PR so often over the years I expect less and less as time goes on.

I'm open to being convinced but where does the income come from to be able to compete and not break FFP. According to LF we cannot even spend £5M without breaking FFP

whittonhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by whittonhoop » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:56 pm

So what in that "article" did we not already know / think was the case

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:13 pm

whittonhoop wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:56 pm
So what in that "article" did we not already know / think was the case
I didn't know that signing a couple of players on free transfers meant that we have to send a couple of players out on loan to compensate. I didn't know that spending 'a mere' five million in the transfer market would take us over the FFP limit. I knew things were tight but not that tight bearing in mind we have removed all of the so called high earners.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:05 pm

It’s an ex players old boys club with uncle Tony & the pretenders.

I haven’t forgiven Les for coming back and sticking a nail in our coffin 95/96.

Why don’t he F off up to toon and pick there next gaffer!

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:45 pm

You effing off would be more preferable, take that bubble-head Elbow nob with you.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:14 pm

Quite amazing that any of that would be news to anyone who had been paying the slightest attention for the last three years.
Last edited by UxbridgeR on Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:24 am

we're doomed

that is all.....
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).