Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5253
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by deadendjob » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:40 pm

dm wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:48 am
Fraser Horsfall, Kidderminster Harriers CB: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... youngster/ Wolves and others including ourselves reportedly interested. With the Eustance and Gardiner connection, we must be in with a good chance.
Might be promising and all, but there's a substantial leap from non-league football to the championship. I'm all for finding diamonds in the rough, but this seems like a bit of a gamble.
Image

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12825
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by dm » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:01 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:40 pm
dm wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:48 am
Fraser Horsfall, Kidderminster Harriers CB: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... youngster/ Wolves and others including ourselves reportedly interested. With the Eustance and Gardiner connection, we must be in with a good chance.
Might be promising and all, but there's a substantial leap from non-league football to the championship. I'm all for finding diamonds in the rough, but this seems like a bit of a gamble.
We need to get used to taking a gamble, dej. At least for the foreseeable future. We're shopping for cut-price bargains these days.

However, if Wolves and other clubs are considering taking a punt on the lad, perhaps it's not such a risk.

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6804
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:52 pm

Loan moves for defenders is the only viable option imo.

Gotta be some decent young hungry prospects that we can give a game.

All the best defenders in the world had a loan spell in the beginning, I’d be happy for Qpr to act as a incubator for up & coming talent.

User avatar
SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 15763
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:35 pm
Location: Isle of Wight
Contact:

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by SM » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:44 am

dm wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:01 pm
deadendjob wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:40 pm
dm wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:48 am
Fraser Horsfall, Kidderminster Harriers CB: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... youngster/ Wolves and others including ourselves reportedly interested. With the Eustance and Gardiner connection, we must be in with a good chance.
Might be promising and all, but there's a substantial leap from non-league football to the championship. I'm all for finding diamonds in the rough, but this seems like a bit of a gamble.
We need to get used to taking a gamble, dej. At least for the foreseeable future. We're shopping for cut-price bargains these days.

However, if Wolves and other clubs are considering taking a punt on the lad, perhaps it's not such a risk.
Agree with this.

It will be a huge, huge jump for him. But he’s clearly got something if Wolves have shown an interest... And in fairness, since Penrice has been here our recruitment has been very good - so I trust our judgement too.

I would love us to get some true experience in though... What I would give for a Clint Hill / Ryan Nelsen.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5253
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by deadendjob » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:54 pm

dm wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:01 pm
deadendjob wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:40 pm
dm wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:48 am
Fraser Horsfall, Kidderminster Harriers CB: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... youngster/ Wolves and others including ourselves reportedly interested. With the Eustance and Gardiner connection, we must be in with a good chance.
Might be promising and all, but there's a substantial leap from non-league football to the championship. I'm all for finding diamonds in the rough, but this seems like a bit of a gamble.
We need to get used to taking a gamble, dej. At least for the foreseeable future. We're shopping for cut-price bargains these days.

However, if Wolves and other clubs are considering taking a punt on the lad, perhaps it's not such a risk.
I'm not adverse to a gamble, but would prefer one from League 1/2 than non-league. It's a totally different class.
I know it's well documented that there are non-league players who have proven everyone wrong (Vardy & Charlie for example), but both of them had stints at lower league clubs first. Who knows, maybe if we get him we'll loan him out or he'll go to the U23's - ultimately my reluctance is purely cautionary.
Image

User avatar
Stateside Ranger
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:30 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by Stateside Ranger » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:23 am

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/new-q ... e-recruit/

Oh Richard Keogh...he’s one of our own.

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6804
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:59 pm

So Forrest are the new Wolves, €15m midfielder from Benfica signed, €10m rated winger on loan from Benfica, €10m rated winger on loan from Monaco & many more to come in on loan apparently.

Sounds very familiar doesn’t it, our little Portuguese friend Mr Mendes woudnt have anything to do with it would he.

Woudnt surprise you if they haven’t tapped up Robinson offering double money.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6216
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by QPR_John » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:35 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:59 pm
So Forrest are the new Wolves, €15m midfielder from Benfica signed, €10m rated winger on loan from Benfica, €10m rated winger on loan from Monaco & many more to come in on loan apparently.

Sounds very familiar doesn’t it, our little Portuguese friend Mr Mendes woudnt have anything to do with it would he.

Woudnt surprise you if they haven’t tapped up Robinson offering double money.

Can you tap up somebody out of contract

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6804
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:25 am

QPR_John wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:35 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:59 pm
So Forrest are the new Wolves, €15m midfielder from Benfica signed, €10m rated winger on loan from Benfica, €10m rated winger on loan from Monaco & many more to come in on loan apparently.

Sounds very familiar doesn’t it, our little Portuguese friend Mr Mendes woudnt have anything to do with it would he.

Woudnt surprise you if they haven’t tapped up Robinson offering double money.

Can you tap up somebody out of contract

Whilst under contract John, you don’t honestly think we stopped him on the way out the door yesterday & said do u fancy a new contract.

Clubs are fully aware of who’s coming up on a free as it eliminates FFP.

Forrest have got the money now & have got there fingers in lots of pies.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6216
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by QPR_John » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:39 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:25 am
QPR_John wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:35 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:59 pm
So Forrest are the new Wolves, €15m midfielder from Benfica signed, €10m rated winger on loan from Benfica, €10m rated winger on loan from Monaco & many more to come in on loan apparently.

Sounds very familiar doesn’t it, our little Portuguese friend Mr Mendes woudnt have anything to do with it would he.

Woudnt surprise you if they haven’t tapped up Robinson offering double money.

Can you tap up somebody out of contract


Whilst under contract John, you don’t honestly think we stopped him on the way out the door yesterday & said do u fancy a new contract.

Clubs are fully aware of who’s coming up on a free as it eliminates FFP.

Forrest have got the money now & have got there fingers in lots of pies.
I don't understand your point. Tapping up suggest an illegal approach Robinson is out of contract in a few days time which means he was free from last December if I am not mistaken to talk to other clubs.

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6804
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:10 am

QPR_John wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:39 am
westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:25 am
QPR_John wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:35 pm



Can you tap up somebody out of contract


Whilst under contract John, you don’t honestly think we stopped him on the way out the door yesterday & said do u fancy a new contract.

Clubs are fully aware of who’s coming up on a free as it eliminates FFP.

Forrest have got the money now & have got there fingers in lots of pies.
I don't understand your point. Tapping up suggest an illegal approach Robinson is out of contract in a few days time which means he was free from last December if I am not mistaken to talk to other clubs.
I’m mistaken then I didn’t realise you could talk to a player 6 months before his contact runs out.

In all honesty I meant on the grapevine I’m sure clubs have been in his ear.

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5253
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by deadendjob » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:44 pm

Image

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6372
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:20 am
Location: Exeter

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by Devonranger » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:26 pm

Press link due to Schteve Mc connection rather than factual story?

User avatar
SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 15763
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:35 pm
Location: Isle of Wight
Contact:

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by SM » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:35 am

Jack Robinson has agreed a 2 year deal with Forest, apparently.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6804
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:02 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:25 am
QPR_John wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:35 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:59 pm
So Forrest are the new Wolves, €15m midfielder from Benfica signed, €10m rated winger on loan from Benfica, €10m rated winger on loan from Monaco & many more to come in on loan apparently.

Sounds very familiar doesn’t it, our little Portuguese friend Mr Mendes woudnt have anything to do with it would he.

Woudnt surprise you if they haven’t tapped up Robinson offering double money.

Can you tap up somebody out of contract

Whilst under contract John, you don’t honestly think we stopped him on the way out the door yesterday & said do u fancy a new contract.

Clubs are fully aware of who’s coming up on a free as it eliminates FFP.

Forrest have got the money now & have got there fingers in lots of pies.
Robbo agreed terms with Forrest John there’s a surprise.

Post Reply