Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20443
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:19 am

dm wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:38 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:32 pm
Opens the door for Ilias Chair if he goes so win, win.
Yes but I think more probably Smyth would replace him in the current set up.
It's not really Smyths best position though is it?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12783
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by dm » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:52 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:19 am
dm wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:38 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:32 pm
Opens the door for Ilias Chair if he goes so win, win.
Yes but I think more probably Smyth would replace him in the current set up.
It's not really Smyths best position though is it?
I was thinking that, without Freeman, the attacking three would be Smyth, Eze, BOS. But Chair certainly looks like a Freeman type player.

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12783
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by dm » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:05 am

Tony's a bit miffed by the latest Freeman speculation. But, does anyone take any notice of him anymore?

Image

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 4243
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by Giorgio » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:22 am

dm wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:05 am
Tony's a bit miffed by the latest Freeman speculation. But, does anyone take any notice of him anymore?
...honestly I have become used to believe to old Tony as much as I believe to my wife.... :roll: :roll:

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1782
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:54 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by stainrod's elbow » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:38 am

Have you considered marriage counselling? :?
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1782
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:54 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by stainrod's elbow » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:43 am

dm wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:05 am
Tony's a bit miffed by the latest Freeman speculation. But, does anyone take any notice of him anymore?

Image
If it's tiring to have to tolerate one or two anxious tweets, Tony, think about how exhausting it is for the rest of us to follow QPR - the interminable sagas/red herrings/soap operas of the training ground/new stadium/FFP; selling our goalkeeper to the likes of Cardiff for a song; hiring and firing managers every five minutes while wittering on about the QPR 'family' etc. etc. Get a grip!
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 4243
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by Giorgio » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:52 am

...so it looks like every player we are linked to....ends somewhere else....has it to do with the FFP thing...?
We are not an attractive location at the moment...?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6198
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by QPR_John » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:11 am

Giorgio wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:52 am
...so it looks like every player we are linked to....ends somewhere else....has it to do with the FFP thing...?
We are not an attractive location at the moment...?
100% due to FFP

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12783
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by dm » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:17 am

Kayden Jackson to Ipswich Town for more than £1m.

User avatar
PeterS
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1838
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:09 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by PeterS » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:43 am

QPR_John wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:11 am
Giorgio wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:52 am
...so it looks like every player we are linked to....ends somewhere else....has it to do with the FFP thing...?
We are not an attractive location at the moment...?
100% due to FFP
Plus we pay low wages and have a v low transfer budget. If you were a player Ipswich look a better bet than us.

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 406
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:38 pm

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:15 am

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:43 am
dm wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:05 am
Tony's a bit miffed by the latest Freeman speculation. But, does anyone take any notice of him anymore?

Image
If it's tiring to have to tolerate one or two anxious tweets, Tony, think about how exhausting it is for the rest of us to follow QPR - the interminable sagas/red herrings/soap operas of the training ground/new stadium/FFP; selling our goalkeeper to the likes of Cardiff for a song; hiring and firing managers every five minutes while wittering on about the QPR 'family' etc. etc. Get a grip!
Please Elbow, why don't you get a grip?
Smithies wanted to play in the Premier League, Cardiff were the only real offer that came in, QPR need money and we have cover in goal, so the deal happened.
Do we all think that Alex is worth more, yes, but can we affect it?
Let's just focus on supporting our team from now on...

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5030
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by Rbee » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:17 am

Talksport saying Freeman having a medical at Blackburn, 4.5m

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20443
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:18 am

dm wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:05 am
Tony's a bit miffed by the latest Freeman speculation. But, does anyone take any notice of him anymore?

Image
It could also be used to drive up the price if the clubs think we don't HAVE to sell a player, and we have other interested parties, which we do. I would bet that if that is the case, he won't get a scrap of credit for it. Too many so called fans just want to stick the knife in and don't care about what reason it is for.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20443
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:21 am

Rbee wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:17 am
Talksport saying Freeman having a medical at Blackburn, 4.5m
If true then that is 50% more than the original fee being touted which was already a 100% increase in value. That won't be a pleasant experience for the QPR bashers will it? I suppose they will have to resort to whining that he was our best player last year and we shouldn't have let him go blah, blah, blah.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4467
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by 222gers » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:21 am

Rbee wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:17 am
Talksport saying Freeman having a medical at Blackburn, 4.5m
That's a blow if true but 4.5m is a bit more respectable. I guess we will have to get used to this as we have quite a few players who in a short while will look good prospects to predatory clubs. Thanks a lot FFP. :evil:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], deadendjob, Google [Bot] and 27 guests