Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2375
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by White Duck » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:33 am

QPR_John wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:25 am
Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:11 am
Blades fans asking what he is like on a Championship group. Should I tell them? :lol:
Well the management at Sheffield United have seen as much of him if not more than us and can see potential. It is not as if they are scratching around for loan signings like us. If this goes ahead will be interesting to see if his goal scoring record improves with different coaching.
He played under 3 different managers and coaching teams since he signed for us and has been mainly poor under all three so I doubt it.
Lex Talionis........

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6220
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by QPR_John » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:03 pm

White Duck wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:33 am
QPR_John wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:25 am
Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:11 am
Blades fans asking what he is like on a Championship group. Should I tell them? :lol:
Well the management at Sheffield United have seen as much of him if not more than us and can see potential. It is not as if they are scratching around for loan signings like us. If this goes ahead will be interesting to see if his goal scoring record improves with different coaching.
He played under 3 different managers and coaching teams since he signed for us and has been mainly poor under all three so I doubt it.
I agree just making the point. In any case he won't be going on loan as reported so maybe there is as much truth in Sheffield United's interest

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9702
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:29 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:03 pm


I agree just making the point. In any case he won't be going on loan as reported so maybe there is as much truth in Sheffield United's interest
He's signed a 1 year deal with them.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6220
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by QPR_John » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:47 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:29 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:03 pm


I agree just making the point. In any case he won't be going on loan as reported so maybe there is as much truth in Sheffield United's interest
He's signed a 1 year deal with them.
Seems odd to me. He was under contract to us so Sheffield United could not sign him so if they wanted him why not just a loan. He must have had a medical so was it a case of any loan deal not being able to be completed today. So to facilitate the move we cancel his contract making it possible for Sheffield United to sign him. Thought the FL frowned on such things. Back to my earlier post I wonder what SU have seen him in that three managers have not found for us

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5257
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by deadendjob » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:15 pm

Interesting. Sounds like we're trying to offload Sylla as well as Conor this window.

Chris Martin's gone to Hull so that saga's over.
Image

User avatar
DroopStreetOldBoys
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 843
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:10 pm

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by DroopStreetOldBoys » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:01 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:15 pm
Interesting. Sounds like we're trying to offload Sylla as well as Conor this window.

Chris Martin's gone to Hull so that saga's over.
That's a relief. I still think there's merit in keeping Sylla though, if only as an impact sub.

User avatar
Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 2005
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:25 pm
Location: Gibraltar

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 18/19

Post by Lee Gib » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:24 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:47 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:29 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:03 pm


I agree just making the point. In any case he won't be going on loan as reported so maybe there is as much truth in Sheffield United's interest
He's signed a 1 year deal with them.
Seems odd to me. He was under contract to us so Sheffield United could not sign him so if they wanted him why not just a loan. He must have had a medical so was it a case of any loan deal not being able to be completed today. So to facilitate the move we cancel his contract making it possible for Sheffield United to sign him. Thought the FL frowned on such things. Back to my earlier post I wonder what SU have seen him in that three managers have not found for us
Would it not have been better to loan him out until January then sell/release? That way he could have been replaced under our FFP restrictions.

Post Reply