Next season.

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: ZENITH R, Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Next season.

Post by old pauline » Thu May 31, 2018 4:17 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 3:57 pm
Villa up sh*t street in a big way apparently, only two players with two years+ left on there contract, owner doesn’t want to put any more money in & after parachute payments dry up they will be showing massive losses.

I won’t pretend to know anything about the running of a club or ffp but apparently Villa could be in a bit of trouble.
One small problem Lala - the players that they are likely to keep are their young ones who are good players, i.e. the ones Brucie brought on too late in the Play-Off final. Like Forest they have got some very good young un's who could be a major force if the old hands (e.g. JT, Hutton, Jedanik) move on. The one we could really do with them selling is Grealish. If Brucie had got things right he would have been the game changer last Saturday.
Come on you Sooopa ........

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu May 31, 2018 6:31 pm

old pauline wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 4:17 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 3:57 pm
Villa up sh*t street in a big way apparently, only two players with two years+ left on there contract, owner doesn’t want to put any more money in & after parachute payments dry up they will be showing massive losses.

I won’t pretend to know anything about the running of a club or ffp but apparently Villa could be in a bit of trouble.
One small problem Lala - the players that they are likely to keep are their young ones who are good players, i.e. the ones Brucie brought on too late in the Play-Off final. Like Forest they have got some very good young un's who could be a major force if the old hands (e.g. JT, Hutton, Jedanik) move on. The one we could really do with them selling is Grealish. If Brucie had got things right he would have been the game changer last Saturday.
I’ll be willing to have a bet with anyone that Grealish is in the prem next season.
I didn’t know what the fuss was all about with Grealish just a dodgy attitude & Barnet but after seeing him live in the second half of the season my god the lad is mustard, he goes past people with such ease it’s frightening, be amazed if he is still at Villa come Aug.

Terry’s already gone (can’t afford his wages) what a prick a, multi millionaire should have played for free or Atleast what they could afford.

Villa got some serious wages & over heads, few tied down players & a guvnour that doesn’t want to bankroll it again, he went sh*t or bust on promotion last season & it landed on bust.

DBHoops
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by DBHoops » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:10 pm

Lala,

Totally agree with you on Grealish. Maybe Bruce has had the same effect on him that Warnock had on Adel. Bruce has done a cracking job with him and you no longer see him in the press acting the goat.

Fulham, for all of the praise they have had about their silky football, went in hard on Grealish all game. They isolated him for some pretty brutal treatment and he still got back up and played his game. A seriously impressive performance - & nearly scored a Wembley classic, Had that gone in, I think we'd have been seeing that on repeat for quite sometime. He's an exciting player who made things happen when he was on the ball.

The only way he won't be in the Prem next season is if he wants to stay under Bruce's guidance

whittonhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by whittonhoop » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:45 pm

Agree Fulham were brutal on Grealish, who was Villa’s key threat

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:52 pm

He can dish it out himself I’ve noticed, he was lucky to stay on the field in that game horror tackle on Cairney.

DBHoops
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by DBHoops » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:16 pm

He can, but that looked more out of frustration as just before that challenge then he got clouted again.