Happy Bobby Zamora Day

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: ZENITH R, Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin

Post Reply
User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12695
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Happy Bobby Zamora Day

Post by dm » Thu May 24, 2018 7:42 am

24 May 2014

Never forget that feeling

It might not happen again for a very long time...

User avatar
Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 1986
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:25 pm
Location: Gibraltar

Re: Happy Bobby Zamora Day

Post by Lee Gib » Thu May 24, 2018 8:06 am

dm wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 7:42 am
24 May 2014

Never forget that feeling

It might not happen again for a very long time...
aniclap

That's why it was so good. Still the best day of my life (sincere apologies to the missus and kids)

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6804
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Happy Bobby Zamora Day

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu May 24, 2018 8:12 am

Lee Gib wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:06 am
dm wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 7:42 am
24 May 2014

Never forget that feeling

It might not happen again for a very long time...
aniclap

That's why it was so good. Still the best day of my life (sincere apologies to the missus and kids)
I second that, only time in my life I’ve been speechless & I mean temporary paralysed of speech.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6164
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Happy Bobby Zamora Day

Post by QPR_John » Thu May 24, 2018 9:51 am

dm wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 7:42 am
24 May 2014

Never forget that feeling

It might not happen again for a very long time...
Yes great day. For me it was the sending off I had resigned myself to losing after that so the goal was even more sweeter than it would have been

User avatar
Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4012
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 6:54 pm
Location: Wormwood Scrubbs

Re: Happy Bobby Zamora Day

Post by Stans left foot » Thu May 24, 2018 10:00 am

Yes, I understand it's widely celebrated in Derby too..

actually, I wonder how their dear Chairman is?
I ask on the basis that he sacks managers willy nilly on the basis their not playing "the Derby way", just what is that? Losing all the time?
Then secures one of their own in Rowett
Does a good job getting them to the playoffs
then loses him.

sometimes you get what you deserve, nothing personal to them, just a thought

Happy Zamora Day everybody.
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

User avatar
222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4303
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Happy Bobby Zamora Day

Post by 222gers » Thu May 24, 2018 10:06 am

Spare a thought for me dotorgers. My wife had an accident that day ( she's OK now ), so I couldn't even watch it live on telly. My neighbour recorded it so I could watch it when I got back from A&E. I managed to avoid hearing the score - shades of that famous Likely Lads episode, so had no idea of the events that had taken place. Still think Arry should have jacked it in after the game though.

User avatar
Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4012
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 6:54 pm
Location: Wormwood Scrubbs

Re: Happy Bobby Zamora Day

Post by Stans left foot » Thu May 24, 2018 10:18 am

Speaking of finals, this struck me as funny:

A friend of mine has two tickets for the Champions League Final. They are box seats, and include travel and hotel accommodation. He didn't realize when he bought the tickets that this is the same day as his wedding - so he can't go. If you're interested and want to go instead of him: It's at St James's Church in Bootle at 3pm. Her name is Susan. She will be the one in the white dress.

Glad your Mrs is AOK 222gers...
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

User avatar
willesdenr
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2135
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:00 pm

Re: Happy Bobby Zamora Day

Post by willesdenr » Thu May 24, 2018 10:25 am

Yup happy Zamora day. Was sat next to a pretty young lady that day who jumped up and threw her arms round me. What a result. :D

Spanish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 710
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:14 pm
Location: Back in Southampton - missing the sun.

Re: Happy Bobby Zamora Day

Post by Spanish Ranger » Thu May 24, 2018 12:17 pm

222gers wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 10:06 am
Spare a thought for me dotorgers. My wife had an accident that day ( she's OK now ), so I couldn't even watch it live on telly.
Bloody inconsiderate of her if you ask me......................women eh! :roll: :roll:

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3410
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 7:41 pm

Re: Happy Bobby Zamora Day

Post by Bear-Grills » Thu May 24, 2018 12:25 pm

I believe that was the second time Zamora scored the winning goal in a Championship play-off final.

That must surely make his two goals the most directly valuable in the history of football?
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6804
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Happy Bobby Zamora Day

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu May 24, 2018 1:24 pm

222gers wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 10:06 am
Spare a thought for me dotorgers. My wife had an accident that day ( she's OK now ), so I couldn't even watch it live on telly. My neighbour recorded it so I could watch it when I got back from A&E. I managed to avoid hearing the score - shades of that famous Likely Lads episode, so had no idea of the events that had taken place. Still think Arry should have jacked it in after the game though.
Which is just another reminder of how footy is the most important unimportant thing in life.

Glad to here everything’s ok now.
Last edited by westlondonlalala on Thu May 24, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6804
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Happy Bobby Zamora Day

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu May 24, 2018 1:25 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:25 pm
I believe that was the second time Zamora scored the winning goal in a Championship play-off final.

That must surely make his two goals the most directly valuable in the history of football?
Indeed you’d struggle to find two goals from one man more valuable.

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6804
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Happy Bobby Zamora Day

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu May 24, 2018 1:25 pm

Stans left foot wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 10:18 am
Speaking of finals, this struck me as funny:

A friend of mine has two tickets for the Champions League Final. They are box seats, and include travel and hotel accommodation. He didn't realize when he bought the tickets that this is the same day as his wedding - so he can't go. If you're interested and want to go instead of him: It's at St James's Church in Bootle at 3pm. Her name is Susan. She will be the one in the white dress.

Glad your Mrs is AOK 222gers...
aniclap

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 4204
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Happy Bobby Zamora Day

Post by Giorgio » Thu May 24, 2018 4:27 pm

dm wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 7:42 am
24 May 2014

Never forget that feeling

It might not happen again for a very long time...
..Actually I felt something similar after Freeman's goal vs Brentford....

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12695
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Happy Bobby Zamora Day

Post by dm » Thu May 24, 2018 5:24 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 4:27 pm
dm wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 7:42 am
24 May 2014

Never forget that feeling

It might not happen again for a very long time...
..Actually I felt something similar after Freeman's goal vs Brentford....
Yes, I understand but I have never been in a goal celebration like it. A delirious pandemonium of feverish joy and abandoned glory.

Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 31 guests