Holloway Breaks his silence

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Holloway Breaks his silence

Post by QPR_John » Tue May 22, 2018 7:21 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 5:24 pm
n22hoop wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 1:55 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 11:57 am
Also the phrase 'asked to leave the club' does allude, albeit euphemistically, to the fact that he was effectively sacked - something Hoos, Les and Tony didn't between them have the guts to spell out. Whether people think a change was right or not, I still feel ashamed for him if only for that.
Try to see beyond the emotional attachment you have to Ollie. Most football manager get sacked at some point or other. In the modern game it's nothing really to be ashamed of. The language used by Hoos is typical of the language that would be used by 99% of clubs. i.e. they thanked him for his excellent contribution, wished him well for the future and said it was time for a change etc. Or in other words, yes he was sacked. He won't starve mate, he was very well paid for his services.

If we'd ended up 7th (having narrowily avoided relegation last season) then I'd agree that sacking him was harsh. But we didn't, we were 16th and, for much of the season, played some decidedly average football based on, at times, questionable tactics. Also for a manage who prides himself on motivation his side failed to turn up on a number of occasions last season. Changing a manager on that basis shouldn't really be a suprise to you.
Why should I? Football's an emotional girl, though given you're one of the people who bring it all down to earnings, despite my and others' pleas to the contrary, I'm guessing for you it's just a numbers game in the end.

If Ollie didn't want to leave, and it sounds like he definitely didn't, then effectively he has been sacked, and 'mutual consent' doesn't come into it.I suspect Hoos' bullshit (or at best ambiguously self-serving) statement was deliberately intended to muddy the waters. What do we think Ollie was being paid for his services - somewhere between £5-£10k at a minimum? Whatever it was, I'd say he's be due somewhere between a quarter and half a million for the year left on his contract. For a club that's supposedly shopping in Lidl every week, apart from the decision itself, that's great financial management from the club, I don't think.

Ollie's entitled to be 'bitterly disappointed' in my opinion, so he clearly doesn't share your urbane view that, for me, borders on cynicism. I don't think lack of effort was a significant issue last season, and I doubt whether another manager would have got more out of the players in a time of transition, with lots of youth and limited flair elsewhere. We shall see with the new incumbent.
Cards on table what would you have done next year. Would 14th place with 59 points earn a new contract.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue May 22, 2018 7:26 pm

Shouldn't this be in the general forum now he has been sacked?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Tue May 22, 2018 8:03 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 1:29 pm
Nick_Hammersmith wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 1:09 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 12:31 pm

Think Big Sam might have something to say about that, took Everton from relegation threatened to eighth, with someone else’s team and no time to bed in.

Now that is what you call undeserved.
I could never watch a big sam team week in week out
remember that turgid west ham game in the pl?

If it got us in the premier league I could watch it week in week out.
I’d disagree. I really enjoyed the Warnock promotion
But being last on match of the day soon wore thin!

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue May 22, 2018 8:41 pm

Nick_Hammersmith wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 8:03 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 1:29 pm
Nick_Hammersmith wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 1:09 pm

I could never watch a big sam team week in week out
remember that turgid west ham game in the pl?

If it got us in the premier league I could watch it week in week out.
I’d disagree. I really enjoyed the Warnock promotion
But being last on match of the day soon wore thin!
I agree they can stick there 100m+ a season up there Harris, our match of the day treatment was disgraceful :D

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Tue May 22, 2018 8:51 pm

Based on the comments/poll on here it seems the vast majority think Holloway's dismissal was harsh and not warranted and therefore feel disappointed by the actions of the club. However, we need to move forward and support Mclaren. I know it's no comparison, but similar to a death in the family, you can't really move on until after the funeral, And therefore the board really need to come out and say why they sacked Holloway and their strategy as to why Mclaren is the answer and Holloway wasn't. TF tweeted a week or so ago that all will be revealed soon, so the sooner they do that, the sooner we can all get over whats happened and move forward with Mclaren, But sadly, until then the whole debacle stills leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue May 22, 2018 9:38 pm

beaglebum wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 8:51 pm
Based on the comments/poll on here it seems the vast majority think Holloway's dismissal was harsh and not warranted and therefore feel disappointed by the actions of the club. However, we need to move forward and support Mclaren. I know it's no comparison, but similar to a death in the family, you can't really move on until after the funeral, And therefore the board really need to come out and say why they sacked Holloway and their strategy as to why Mclaren is the answer and Holloway wasn't. TF tweeted a week or so ago that all will be revealed soon, so the sooner they do that, the sooner we can all get over whats happened and move forward with Mclaren, But sadly, until then the whole debacle stills leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.
How many of those were attending the games where the comments after the game were so critical of what had just happened?, it was a wonder that IH still had a job by Monday/ Thursday. So many of the posts since the mutual parting of the ways smack of utter hypocrisy.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

AMERSHAM HOOP
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by AMERSHAM HOOP » Tue May 22, 2018 10:35 pm

“It has been a privilege and honour to have been QPR manager not once but twice, for over 300 matches. “I am bitterly disappointed to have been asked to leave the club, but I proudly believe it is in a better place than when I arrived.''
''I’m sure the club will go on from strength to strength and I thank the fans for their wonderful passion and the support they gave me and my team.“I thoroughly enjoyed my tenure and wish the club all the very best for the future. Come on you Rs!”

Thank you Ian Holloway its been a privilege and an honour for me to have had you as a great servant as a Player Manager and Fan at QPR and care as much as we do I would dearly love to meet you in person to say an honest and emotional thank you to you someone who in their own words said ans meant every word:

''I care, I really care''

Ill never forget your contribution to QPR U''RRRRRRsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap
Then.....Now.....Always.......WE ARE QPR!!!

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Wed May 23, 2018 11:43 am

Holloway breaks wind in Ferdinad's face!! (allegedly)
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Wed May 23, 2018 11:46 am

AMERSHAM HOOP wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 10:35 pm
“It has been a privilege and honour to have been QPR manager not once but twice, for over 300 matches. “I am bitterly disappointed to have been asked to leave the club, but I proudly believe it is in a better place than when I arrived.''
''I’m sure the club will go on from strength to strength and I thank the fans for their wonderful passion and the support they gave me and my team.“I thoroughly enjoyed my tenure and wish the club all the very best for the future. Come on you Rs!”

Thank you Ian Holloway its been a privilege and an honour for me to have had you as a great servant as a Player Manager and Fan at QPR and care as much as we do I would dearly love to meet you in person to say an honest and emotional thank you to you someone who in their own words said ans meant every word:

''I care, I really care''

Ill never forget your contribution to QPR U''RRRRRRsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap
aniclap aniclap aniclap
Come on you Sooopa ........