New signings?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: ZENITH R, Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

New signings?

Post by kernowhoop » Sun May 20, 2018 5:43 pm

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/steve ... rs-at-qpr/

Chris Martin and Jamie Ward? It may be BS, of course, but if it were true, then some players would have to be shipped out - Smith, Sylla, Washington?
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: New signings?

Post by deadendjob » Sun May 20, 2018 6:10 pm

Jamie Ward always looked threatening against us when he was at Derby, but has really fallen by the wayside in recent times.
Martin's just a flipping lump, that used to have a decent goal scoring record, but again has gone off the boil.

Honestly not that enthusiastic about either, but would have Martin given the choice.

LanCat
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by LanCat » Sun May 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Sounds like lazy journalism. Find someone with some connection to Schteeeve who's out of favour at current club and invent a story. I really doubt these blokes are on Penrice's list of targets. Summer rumour nonsense.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sun May 20, 2018 7:32 pm

The question is whether Gary P. is calling all the shots at the newly 'streamlined' QPR re player recruitment - assuming he's staying. (To wit, if it's Carsley in and Ramsey out, for instance, I'd say things will be taking a further dive, ethics, and quite possibly footballing-wise.)
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sun May 20, 2018 7:35 pm

I'm reasonably sanguine about getting the right players in. Hopefully we are not going to throw the baby out with the bath water. If recruitment can be along the same lines as the last two seasons then we are in safe hands.
Last edited by old pauline on Sun May 20, 2018 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come on you Sooopa ........

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sun May 20, 2018 7:36 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 7:32 pm
The question is whether Gary P. is calling all the shots at the newly 'streamlined' QPR re player recruitment - assuming he's staying. (To wit, if it's Carsley in and Ramsey out, for instance, I'd say things will be taking a further dive, ethics, and quite possibly footballing-wise.)
I would have thought, given the delay in announcing the backroom team, that quite a few are staying.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sun May 20, 2018 8:28 pm

I'd hope so, for continuity's sake. (You know, continuity, that mainstay of football planning!) :roll:

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun May 20, 2018 9:25 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 7:32 pm
The two jobs(Ramsey and LC if signed) overlap, not clash. It would be the same with Pauls, Hall & Furlong.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sun May 20, 2018 9:50 pm

Hooray - the more the merrier!

(Sans Ollie, of course.)

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon May 21, 2018 5:16 am

The word 'experienced' has been used by SM and, I think, Ferdinand to describe summer signings. With a young squad it's not hard to understand why, and we will always refer to Hill and Derry for positive examples of signing ageing players. However, I hope the need for experience isn't the only condition for this summer's recruitment.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Mon May 21, 2018 11:34 am

kernowhoop wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 5:43 pm
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/steve ... rs-at-qpr/

Chris Martin and Jamie Ward? It may be BS, of course, but if it were true, then some players would have to be shipped out - Smith, Sylla, Washington?
..I have no problem with Sylla and Washington leaving....I would keep Smith as he is our best front man at the moment....

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Mon May 21, 2018 12:38 pm

It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Mon May 21, 2018 1:27 pm

Its not just experience that we need. Experience alone is not enough. What we need is just a little bit more power in one or two areas. That is where we fell short last season once or twice against the more brutal teams like Leeds and Preston, and Newcastle the year before. I don't see the point in going for experience alone. The youngsters showed against Birmingham that they had the know-how to implement Ollie's game plan perfectly well.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon May 21, 2018 2:51 pm

Perhaps a player like Rohan Ince who is on loan to Bury from Brighton who can play holding midfield or central defender? He never really fulfilled his potential at Brighton but is young enough (25) to have someone like SMC get him back on track. He would make more sense than an aging EPL defender looking to drop down the leagues at the end of his career and I would guess his (RI's) wage demands wouldn't be prohibitive if he is playing at Bury. He is also a London boy so that may hold some sway for him.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Mon May 21, 2018 7:49 pm

Have a look at the Internet about Rohan Ince's career: he's on a bigger slide than JET!
Not played for parent club Brighton for years and each loan moves him him further down the leagues (Fulham then Swindon then Bury). Spent the whole season at Bury who finished bottom of League One by miles and played less than half their games. And the Bury fans don't rate him at all.

Would be an awful signing!
Lex Talionis........