McClaren contract

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

McClaren contract

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sat May 19, 2018 1:50 pm

Interesting that the club have only offered him a two year deal - 6 months less than Ollie got, even. Gives a bit if a different slant on Sir Les's statement about what a great 'fit' the new incumbent is. (Again!)

Mind you, if it goes tits up, he'll be out the door by Xmas, of course - this being football and this being QPR!

What would be nice if the club could actually get their pre-season right this time, after the recent fiascos. The planning/execution here makes our record in the Cups look like a triumph!

Welcome back to our back-stabbing, FFP soap opera-propagating, flying-by-the-seat of our pants club, McClaren. You don't seem a bad man, really. The brolly's in the post. Not throwing the FA Cup, winning more than three away games per year, and take anything you hear about family club/loyalty/being a great 'fit' with a sack of salt should see you right. I'm sure we're all delighted to have offered you a home.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: McClaren contract

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat May 19, 2018 2:51 pm

I don't think it would have mattered to some people if he had been given a one month rolling contract or a 10 year fixed salary contract there would be the same people screaming blue murder about it being the wrong thing for "their" club. Les & Hoos should be fired without a pay off for appointing him blah blah blah. :roll:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat May 19, 2018 7:05 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote: โ†‘
Sat May 19, 2018 1:50 pm
Interesting that the club have only offered him a two year deal - 6 months less than Ollie got, even. Gives a bit if a different slant on Sir Les's statement about what a great 'fit' the new incumbent is. (Again!)

Mind you, if it goes tits up, he'll be out the door by Xmas, of course - this being football and this being QPR!

What would be nice if the club could actually get their pre-season right this time, after the recent fiascos. The planning/execution here makes our record in the Cups look like a triumph!

Welcome back to our back-stabbing, FFP soap opera-propagating, flying-by-the-seat of our pants club, McClaren. You don't seem a bad man, really. The brolly's in the post. Not throwing the FA Cup, winning more than three away games per year, and take anything you hear about family club/loyalty/being a great 'fit' with a sack of salt should see you right. I'm sure we're all delighted to have offered you a home.
Did Holloway not join in November. Surely no manager is given a contract that finishes mid season so we are talking 6 months one and a half years or two and a half years. So given that McClaren has joined now his contract is in reality similar in that it gives him two full seasons including an extra pre-season

StevenageRanger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by StevenageRanger » Sun May 20, 2018 9:42 am

Spot on John. It's all about timing!

If we would have given Steve rather same as Olly he would have expired in Nov/Dec!!

Non Story, next ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun May 20, 2018 12:10 pm

I think a 2 year contract says something about SM's diminished standing as a manager. He would have obviously wanted a longer contract but was unable to negotiate one.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun May 20, 2018 4:44 pm

dm wrote: โ†‘
Sun May 20, 2018 12:10 pm
I think a 2 year contract says something about SM's diminished standing as a manager. He would have obviously wanted a longer contract but was unable to negotiate one.
Maybe or perhaps him and the club feel there is a set job to do.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Mon May 21, 2018 4:19 pm

I actually feel quite positive about this appointment - especially after hearing his reasoned aims for next season today. Think he will comfortably see out his contract.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon May 21, 2018 6:56 pm

I've just watched Steve Mc's media interview in the offish and thought, having posted a rather downbeat comment above, I'd balance it a little by saying he handled the interview well. He was measured and confident, positive enough to make supporters feel good, reserved enough not to dig himself a hole, and answered the questions in a straight forward manner with a smile to boot.

Quite refreshing really after Ollie's streams of consciousness!