A Bit Of Perspective?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: A Bit Of Perspective?

Post by stainesranger » Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 am

You might find things a bit more interesting if you could even conceive of the possibility that you might sometimes be wrong.

And actually, there is a possibility that I might be satisfied with the decision to remove Ollie if presented with anything like a reasoned argument from the club. But we haven’t been given one and I think that’s unsatisfactory for us as fans and at the same time not in the club’s best interests.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed May 16, 2018 12:55 pm

stainesranger wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 am
You might find things a bit more interesting if you could even conceive of the possibility that you might sometimes be wrong.

And actually, there is a possibility that I might be satisfied with the decision to remove Ollie if presented with anything like a reasoned argument from the club. But we haven’t been given one and I think that’s unsatisfactory for us as fans and at the same time not in the club’s best interests.
My comment that some fans will never accept anything the club says? I think that the FB groups and Twatter prove that I haven't got that wrong surely?
Incidentally, what would consider a reasoned argument from the club?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Wed May 16, 2018 2:57 pm

My original point was that the club should be transparent about the reasons for Holloway’s sacking, especially because a sizeable number of fans thought he was doing a good job.

The club has been stressing stability, bringing the youth through and (until recently) banging Ollie’s “I love the club” drum for him.

On that basis we all knew where we were, the management, the club and the fans. Then all of a sudden he is sacked and there is no real explanation as to why.

I wouldn’t want to speculate as to why he was sacked without knowing, but if (for example) the board and Ollie didn’t get on for any reason (finances, player recruitment, personal reasons whatever it might be) or if they genuinely thought Ollie was underachieving and said so, or if they’d lined up someone else and said so, or if he’d lost support of the squad or any reason that was substantiated and explained really. It’s not even been made explicit if Ollie was sacked or if it was mutual.

I might not agree with the reason given, but at least we’d know. As it is, we’ve no idea why he’s gone and that’s unlikely to make for a happy fan base. Especially if results don’t go our way.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Wed May 16, 2018 3:03 pm

aniclap aniclap aniclap
Come on you Sooopa ........

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed May 16, 2018 3:38 pm

stainesranger wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:57 pm
My original point was that the club should be transparent about the reasons for Holloway’s sacking, especially because a sizeable number of fans thought he was doing a good job.

The club has been stressing stability, bringing the youth through and (until recently) banging Ollie’s “I love the club” drum for him.

On that basis we all knew where we were, the management, the club and the fans. Then all of a sudden he is sacked and there is no real explanation as to why.

I wouldn’t want to speculate as to why he was sacked without knowing, but if (for example) the board and Ollie didn’t get on for any reason (finances, player recruitment, personal reasons whatever it might be) or if they genuinely thought Ollie was underachieving and said so, or if they’d lined up someone else and said so, or if he’d lost support of the squad or any reason that was substantiated and explained really. It’s not even been made explicit if Ollie was sacked or if it was mutual.

I might not agree with the reason given, but at least we’d know. As it is, we’ve no idea why he’s gone and that’s unlikely to make for a happy fan base. Especially if results don’t go our way.
That's fair enough, and I agree with you. My point was about making such a statement and finding it being used as fodder for the fans who never have anything good to say about the club and no matter what the statement said, those people would say the club was lying if it didn't fit their opinion on the subject.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Wed May 16, 2018 3:51 pm

stainesranger wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:57 pm

You start the post wanting the reasons for Holloways sacking then end it by saying it's not been made explicit if Holloway was sacked or not

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Wed May 16, 2018 3:56 pm

Exactly! There has been no clarity from the club on this at all.

However, piecing things together from other comments in the news, it looks likely that Ollie was asked to leave. He said he was happy and was planning ahead, Tony said that the club would be assessing their options.

But that is part of my point: it would be good to know what on earth is going on.

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Wed May 16, 2018 4:02 pm

[/quote]
That's fair enough, and I agree with you. My point was about making such a statement and finding it being used as fodder for the fans who never have anything good to say about the club and no matter what the statement said, those people would say the club was lying if it didn't fit their opinion on the subject.
[/quote]

That does happen and it isn’t helpful at all (it is cringeworthy), but I don’t think it justifies a total lack of transparency. I understand that it’s their club and they can be as transparent (or secretive) as they like but I don’t think it’s ultimately good for the club if they don’t tell us what’s going, especially around a major decision like this.