Be afraid, be very afraid......

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Be afraid, be very afraid......

Post by Stans left foot » Tue May 15, 2018 9:36 am

"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: Be afraid, be very afraid......

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue May 15, 2018 10:02 am

For "build a team" read "spunk millions". :roll:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Tue May 15, 2018 10:22 am

exactly, and no accountability for the Birmingham "team" level of performance when he was dismissed....

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Tue May 15, 2018 2:16 pm

.....well...such a relief reading in the article... "Former West Ham, Portsmouth and Tottenham ..."

...they did not mention us... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: aniclap aniclap aniclap

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Tue May 15, 2018 3:02 pm

The biggest fraud in football
QPR & Ireland

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Tue May 15, 2018 3:14 pm

I wonder if Harry ever reads these posts, from us or other message boards, where supporters have a differing view to his high opinion of himself?

I can't believe its just us that think he's a bit XXXXXy in some of his dealings.

I own up to thinking he was hard done by the FA when being bounced for the England job and who knows, he may have been good at it....at least Kevin Bond knew how to find west London on the sat-nav so he could have got the new Fulham FC ground. But the torrent of abuse he's had wherever he's left various clubs - not like say Warnock who is held in high esteem by most clubs and supporters where he's managed....

But now, is he really a viable candidate for a managers job?

Thankfully those old school guys like Alladyce, Pulis and Pardew have their detractors and get a justifiably rough ride in the role.

With Ritchie @ Bournemouth I felt these old school guys like Roy, "I don't know why I'm here / what am I doing here" Hodgson and the above were too old for modern thinking / modern football, McClaren is just about savable but there's plenty to suggest even he is too old for it.

Be interesting who we get just by their age... :roll:

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Tue May 15, 2018 4:26 pm

What exactly dit Redknapp do to QPR to deserve this hatred?

He earnt us more money than he spent by getting us promoted. His football wasn't the best but he won more matches than he lost. Although some may not like his character and his wheelings and dealings in the past, what exactly did he do to deserve the hatred of the QPR fans?
I ask this as a genuine question because it is unclear to me what exactly he did wrong.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue May 15, 2018 4:59 pm

Wegerle wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:26 pm

He earnt us more money than he spent by getting us promoted. His football wasn't the best but he won more matches than he lost. Although some may not like his character and his wheelings and dealings in the past, what exactly did he do to deserve the hatred of the QPR fans?
I ask this as a genuine question because it is unclear to me what exactly he did wrong.
The real villain of the piece was of course Hughes who brought all those ageing, injury prone, expensive layabouts to the club. Redknapp brought in more on loan and apart from Samba, in general better buys than Hughes did. For me, just going through the motions in away Prem games was the worst of his traits. I'm sure Esox is better place than me to list Arry's faults in total !

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue May 15, 2018 5:02 pm

Also, referring the the players as they rather than we, as in “they don't seem fit”

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue May 15, 2018 5:51 pm

Wegerle wrote:

WUM

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Tue May 15, 2018 6:16 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:51 pm
Wegerle wrote:

WUM
Not much of an answer Esox. As 222gers stated, I think Hughes was much more toxic for the club. He ripped the soul out of us.
I am not asking this as a wind up but am generally intetested in your and others hatred for Redknapp in his role as QPR manager. What exactly did he do so much worse than many other of our managers who failed even more but are less detested?

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Tue May 15, 2018 6:32 pm

Wegerle wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:16 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Wegerle wrote:

WUM
Not much of an answer Esox. As 222gers stated, I think Hughes was much more toxic for the club. He ripped the soul out of us.
I am not asking this as a wind up but am generally intetested in your and others hatred for Redknapp in his role as QPR manager. What exactly did he do so much worse than many other of our managers who failed even more but are less detested?
The number of fans with a blind hatred of Redknapp are in the huge minority IMO: similarly those who think he did a great job for us would also be minuscule. Most fans will probably have a negative view of him due to his efforts once we got promoted but not go as far as the one or two people who wished him dead......
Lex Talionis........

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue May 15, 2018 7:06 pm

Wegerle wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:
Wegerle wrote:

WUM
OK, I'll take it at face value then. If you'll remember back before he was even appointed I was totally against the idea as I knew what would happen with his merry go round of players in and players out all, so it is rumoured, with commissions going to him (those houses on Sandbanks aren't cheap). He is only ever seen on the training ground when the press are about. There are a number of stories regarding his time as manager with us and previous clubs which I cannot repeat on here as they could be considered libellous and I am sure 'arry is just the bloke to pursue an internet poster. :twisted: If you are going to any games next season, let me know beforehand and I will happily talk to you about stories I have been told by people I would have some faith in... you may even know one or two of them yourself.I am usually to be found by the wall where Dave sells AKUTR'S or occasionally in the C&S. Just the fact that he never once regarded QPR as "his" club during his tenure should be enough to dissuade any QPR fan from holding in in any esteem. It was always "Tony's got a wonderful club here..." " QPR have a smashing bunch of players here... " that sort of disingenuous comment. Even the lie about his bad knees operation just because QPR refused to spunk any more money with him. He should be anathema to football clubs.

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Tue May 15, 2018 8:24 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:06 pm
Wegerle wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:

WUM
OK, I'll take it at face value then. If you'll remember back before he was even appointed I was totally against the idea as I knew what would happen with his merry go round of players in and players out all, so it is rumoured, with commissions going to him (those houses on Sandbanks aren't cheap). He is only ever seen on the training ground when the press are about. There are a number of stories regarding his time as manager with us and previous clubs which I cannot repeat on here as they could be considered libellous and I am sure 'arry is just the bloke to pursue an internet poster. :twisted: If you are going to any games next season, let me know beforehand and I will happily talk to you about stories I have been told by people I would have some faith in... you may even know one or two of them yourself.I am usually to be found by the wall where Dave sells AKUTR'S or occasionally in the C&S. Just the fact that he never once regarded QPR as "his" club during his tenure should be enough to dissuade any QPR fan from holding in in any esteem. It was always "Tony's got a wonderful club here..." " QPR have a smashing bunch of players here... " that sort of disingenuous comment. Even the lie about his bad knees operation just because QPR refused to spunk any more money with him. He should be anathema to football clubs.
I have no idea if the stories you refer to are true or not. I always try to form an opinion based on first hand experience or facts. I also do not know if the way he portrayed his relationship with QPR is to be seen as not caring or just the way he communicates.
I agree that the knees story was very suspect.
I will glady meet up with you one day at Daves wall as I am always interested in hearing the opinions of fellow supporters. :wink:

Just out of interest: how do you look back on the Hughes era? Would you agree that he damaged QPR more than Redknapp did?

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed May 16, 2018 7:08 am

I, along with others, thought it was a good signing and the quality, if not the temperament, of some of his signings were beyond reproach.
Djibril Cisse - (£4m - £60,000-per-week)
Bobby Zamora - (£6m - £70,000-per-week)
Samba Diakite - (£3.5m - £45,000-per-week)
Federico Macheda (loan)
Djibril Cisse
Taye Taiwo (loan)
Andy Johnson - (Free - £40,000-per-week)
Ryan Nelsen - (Free - £35,000-per-week)
Stephane Mbia - (£5m - 50,000-per-week)
Robert Green - (Free - £50,000-per-week)
Park Ji-sung - (£2m - £70,000-per-week)
Junior Hoilett - (£4m - £50,000-per-week)
Esteban Granero - (£3.5m - £65,000-per-week)
Julio Cesar - (Free - £75,000-per-week)
Fabio (Loan)

Only really two complete failures in that list and even when 'arry tookover he made a few good signings with Samba being the outstanding failure for us.
HARRY REDKNAPP SIGNINGS
Loic Remy (£8m - £80,000-per-week)
Chris Samba (£12m - £100,000-per-week)
Jermaine Jenas (Undisclosed - £40,000-per-week)
Andros Townsend (Loan)

One of the biggest problems was the unrest in the dressing room which led to Mackie & Derry being shipped out (Carl Serrant info) coupled with the legacy of Warnock leaving dressing room discipline up to the players (Barton & Hill apparently) which led to a lot of resentment and cliques forming and became most publically known after Zamoras comments about he would rather be fishing than playing football.
This, more than anything else is what Hughes should have addressed but he never was, and still isn't, a hands on manager, he leaves that to others. His failure to build a good set of players into a cohesive and combative unit is what led to his downfall as, without it, QPR could have been ticking along at the middle to bottom of the EPL for a few years. IMO.