Crouchy

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: ZENITH R, Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Crouchy

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sun May 13, 2018 8:29 pm

Now he's back down in the Champ, and unlikely I would have thought to be offered a deal in the Prem, is he worth a one year offer? Not a player to build the team around in the years to come, but a popular and skilled (very) big man who, I'm sure, could still do a job for us.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: Crouchy

Post by beaglebum » Sun May 13, 2018 8:40 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if we do go for him, to please the fans following Holloway's sacking if nothing else (a bit like us getting Jamie Mackie back again).

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun May 13, 2018 8:48 pm

We’ve got a target man that can score & is the right side of 50!

Everything our club became nearly sending us under & losing our identity, then you go & tout Crouch!

Why your at it see if Charlie Adam & Glen Johnson are available.

Start off with 50k p/w each on wages & work it from there don’t go to high though we’ve got promising youngsters to pay & probably a f*ck off big fine looming over us!

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon May 14, 2018 3:49 am

Agree with lala. Signing Crouch would be a complete departure from the current strategy and positive steps we've taken towards building a young sustainable team. I like the guy as a player and a bloke but let's stop making decisions based on sentiment. I can't imagine anyone would be calling for us to sign him if he wasn't an ex-player. It's only going to end in tears as displayed by the number of people seemingly suffering genuine grief over Holloway.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon May 14, 2018 7:00 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 8:48 pm
We’ve got a target man that can score & is the right side of 50!

Everything our club became nearly sending us under & losing our identity, then you go & tout Crouch!

Why your at it see if Charlie Adam & Glen Johnson are available.

Start off with 50k p/w each on wages & work it from there don’t go to high though we’ve got promising youngsters to pay & probably a f*ck off big fine looming over us!
Spot on, a sentimental signing at best and never going to happen with our wage cap. Let's just give him a very warm welcome when he turns up at LR and let that suffice... I wonder if Charlie Austin would be interested in £15k a week at QPR? Hmmm
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

QPR1976
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR1976 » Mon May 14, 2018 7:45 am

Ahhh, it must be May and Summer is on it’s way.
Or is it January ? You could almost set your watch by it.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon May 14, 2018 8:03 am

QPR1976 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 7:45 am
Ahhh, it must be May and Summer is on it’s way.
Or is it January ? You could almost set your watch by it.
Oh yes silly season is nearly upon us, Defoe Krajcar, local striker from Greenford F.C. that has bagged 60 in 40 games.

Thank god the World Cup is on this summer to deflect some of the transfer chaos.