Goss

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

PeterS
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Goss

Post by PeterS » Sun May 13, 2018 11:48 am

Starting today for Rangers. Do people think we see him back at QPR?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Goss

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun May 13, 2018 12:26 pm

Just subbed after 27 mins, scathing from commentator “IF HE SHOWED THAT MUCH DESIRE ON THE PITCH MAYBE HE WOUDNT BE ON THE BENCH”

I put Washington in his place from pretty much day one, got shot down for two years now the majority on here have brushed there hands with him.

Goss I said was a shocking signing considering he’d never played professional football before, he looked lost when I saw him play a couple of times & now he’s been bombed out of Rangers with nothing more than a load of yellow cards to his name, he’s sh*t just like Washington.

To answer your question UNF*CKINGFORTUNATELY..

redinjun
dot.org player kit sponsor
dot.org player kit sponsor

Post by redinjun » Sun May 13, 2018 12:37 pm

It would be sensible for the new man to asses all playing staff and see if he can work with them, Goss had some good gamed at Rangers but has slid a bit, I'd be curious about what he was doing when it was going well and how he got knocked off track. If it's not a fundamental personality trait then he just needs good coaching/management which should be in place shortly. So yes let's see the best of him here and push on next season.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun May 13, 2018 12:53 pm

Nope he’s crap, Ollie worked it out quickly and bombed him out, Rangers worked it out quickly and benched him & now he’s done up there.

He was a waste of money had never played football & we don’t have the time or luxury of wrapping a waste of space in cotton whool to see if we can get a tune out of him.

We have about 10 kids in & around the squad that would run rings round Goss & he prob cost more than the whole lot put together.

Goss dross waste of space ship him out with Washington & let’s concentrate on the proper lads that brought a smile to our faces towards the end of last season, Eze Smyth Chair & co.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun May 13, 2018 1:03 pm

"I'd rather talk to Graeme about that myself because he is out of order talking about my player," Holloway told the Daily Record.

"He's my player, nobody else's. It's not right he's talking about trying to buy one of my players when that player is not for sale.

"I'm glad the boy is doing well. We bought him to be a good player - he is a good player - and I'm glad he's getting the experience but he's likely to come back and play for us. It's as simple as that.

"His future is at QPR. I bought him to be a QPR player. I've loaned him out when he's never been loaned out before and I'm delighted he's doing well but he won't be getting sold.

"If Graeme has said he wants him permanently then that's a bit of a silly statement because he is not for sale. You can't buy someone who is not for sale.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun May 13, 2018 1:07 pm

Satch wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 1:03 pm
"I'd rather talk to Graeme about that myself because he is out of order talking about my player," Holloway told the Daily Record.

"He's my player, nobody else's. It's not right he's talking about trying to buy one of my players when that player is not for sale.

"I'm glad the boy is doing well. We bought him to be a good player - he is a good player - and I'm glad he's getting the experience but he's likely to come back and play for us. It's as simple as that.

"His future is at QPR. I bought him to be a QPR player. I've loaned him out when he's never been loaned out before and I'm delighted he's doing well but he won't be getting sold.

"If Graeme has said he wants him permanently then that's a bit of a silly statement because he is not for sale. You can't buy someone who is not for sale.
Hate to break it to you satch but sh*ts changed since then, Rangers fans booed him off in early Apr & he wasn’t seen for a month.

Got a rare start today & subbed after 27mins.

I doubt Gerrard will be busting a gut to sign him.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun May 13, 2018 1:47 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 12:26 pm
Just subbed after 27 mins, scathing from commentator “IF HE SHOWED THAT MUCH DESIRE ON THE PITCH MAYBE HE WOUDNT BE ON THE BENCH”

I put Washington in his place from pretty much day one, got shot down for two years now the majority on here have brushed there hands with him.

Goss I said was a shocking signing considering he’d never played professional football before, he looked lost when I saw him play a couple of times & now he’s been bombed out of Rangers with nothing more than a load of yellow cards to his name, he’s sh*t just like Washington.

To answer your question UNF*CKINGFORTUNATELY..
I believe the manager's job is still vacant if you want to get your application in.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun May 13, 2018 2:00 pm

I’m taking no prisoners from now on UX, I spent best part of two years defending my view that Washington was a waste of space, the same with Hassleplank I marked his card from day one & nobody would have it.

I’m not holding back with Goss, he gets nowhere near our team, he’s not fit to lace the three amigos boots scowen mass & freeman, & our kids would run rings round him all he did in his last 3 games for Rangers was pick up yellows for getting outplayed.

As for the managers job I’d take it tomorrow, my football brain is wasted on a Sunday morning down the local park picking up dog sh*t before we play :wink:
Last edited by westlondonlalala on Sun May 13, 2018 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun May 13, 2018 2:09 pm

I was one that argued with you about Goss, Lala, and wanted him to be given time but there really does seem to be something wrong with the lad: https://www.footballinsider247.com/rang ... hibernian/

It'll be interesting to see what happens when he returns as it would appear he's no future north of the border. I wouldn't want to write off a player of his young years but he's going to have to do something drastic to stop himself slipping down the leagues.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun May 13, 2018 2:18 pm

None of it comes as a surprise DM, we’re doing what Man Utd should have done with him, loan him out and see what he’s made of, unfortunately we paid 500k for the privilege.

He’s the type of player I detest the most, doesn’t get stuck in & then puts in a cheap shot to pick up a booking, he’s lightweight & would rather take his frustration out picking up a petulant card.

Hoos the twat & whoever else need shooting for parting with half a mil for that!

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun May 13, 2018 3:19 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 1:07 pm
Satch wrote:

Hate to break it to you satch but sh*ts changed since then, Rangers fans booed him off in early Apr & he wasn’t seen for a month.

Maybe, but you said Holloway never rated him. :)

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun May 13, 2018 4:04 pm

Satch wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 3:19 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 1:07 pm
Satch wrote:

Maybe, but you said Holloway never rated him. :)
Media spiel Satch, Ollie was never gonna sit there and say yes please please take the waste of space off our hands :wink:

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sun May 13, 2018 5:32 pm

He is a classic case of a young footballer raised in the ivory tower of a top team's academy who has not played enough competitive football and probably thinks he's a lot better than he is. Get him out on loan to a Division One team next year: maybe there is still time for him to toughen up and rebuild his career.
Lex Talionis........

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sun May 13, 2018 8:49 pm

Satch wrote:

It's statements like that from Ollie that the likes of Hoos, Les and Fernandes probably looked down their noses at - sadly for him and quite possibly us!
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon May 14, 2018 3:44 am

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 8:49 pm
Satch wrote:

It's statements like that from Ollie that the likes of Hoos, Les and Fernandes probably looked down their noses at - sadly for him and quite possibly us!
What do you mean by look down their noses at? If you mean, think they sound like the ramblings of somebody who's struggling with the pressure of the role or trying to deflect from another worrying performance - then i'm inclined to agree. Unfortunately, i do feel Holloway has a compulsive relationship with the media, his use of it to public manage players is certainly something that has irritated me about his tenure. Not a sackable offence but again, another question mark and contributory factor to the general feeling that he might not have been the best man for this role, long term.