New World Order....

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

New World Order....

Post by Stans left foot » Fri May 11, 2018 2:13 pm

With a day to reflect, on Ollies departure I must say not only had I little expectation it was on the cards, but it's been met with some sadness.

Capability apart, there was always that affectionate part of Ollie I guess most of us loves/ed with his heart on his sleeve approach. Sadly that's not enough for most managing boards and the decision is he's dust. One can only imagine the sadness this leaves him with, the club he's loved and treasured all his playing/managing life decided enough was enough.

Indeed it was this that added to him being so endearing -we knew he was one of us and no matter his dubious crimes of poor team selections and dubious tactics, most of us still loved him.

Plus over his tenure we've seen him oust a load of rubbish that were not even Division 2 standard yet labored on in our reserves, telling a player of any capacity he's no longer of use to us must be terrible but I'm sure he and CR have done it a lot over the past 18 months or so. Full credit to him for that.

Interestingly in the Sky Sports summary of him going they mentioned the "poor results against Brentford" in the cup. There's no doubt, if your the owner, no matter what your own clubs status there's a hope your manager will pick a team capable of beating your local rivals. Ollly chose that night to ram his squad full of dross and they didn't disappoint with their performance - they were up to standard = crap. I was there that night and it left me frustrated with a club and manager that missed a real coup, we could have done so much with that game, reduced price for kids, picked a proper team to reflect what we are, go out and try and win 6-5, it didn't matter but to rock up and play absolute crap wasn't what me, the board or all the Rangers supporters there wanted or expected. Poor move. To be cited as a possible reason for setting a policy of his termination when viable seems about right.

Having slept on it, it could be - who ever is - joins at a good time. FFP and budgetry constraints apart even the board must be aware that their not going to get any new manager without a strategy for improvement. Outside of CR's young crop of players coming through there must be a budget for new resources, especially at the back where we look really short. Ollie might have secured some finance but my feeling is a new manager will secure more, plus a re-think on the way forward.

This weekend also sees the end of Mr Wenger on these shores managing a wonderful club. Oddly I was at his very first game in charge, Arsenal Reserves v Ranger reserves @ Harrow Borough's ground. We lost 5 or 6 nil with the Arsenal back four working like a sycronised team, wonderful to watch. That night a young lad had gone over to get his Arsenal shirt signed by the new manager, proudly walking behind the goal he held it up for all to see. No body knew Arsne Wenger so it was a surprise the lads mates turned around in hysterics stating the manager had written "Arse Wanker " all over his new short and ruined it. For 22 years he's been a part of our football lives and we're much the better for it.

Its therefore the same kind of sadness that meets with his departing as Ollies. We'll miss them both.

Whoever we chose I hope he's given the same support and empowerment that Ollie had and shows us a new way forward. Someone who can re-kindle that flair and tenacity we used to have, I can't believe its not possible with the right recruit, sadly I don't think the budget would run to a McLaren/Ainsworth JV but if it did......

Onward and downward.

As a small ps. Bristol City, and the press fawning over the wonderful job Lee Johnson has done. last time I looked they were 11th, and we're 16th, so what ? I know IH and Warnock before him disliked Bristol City and the way they contact themselves. If Johnson's so clever explain Freemans departure. Sometimes the press have an agenda that's hard to see through, here's hoping it us they praise next season - for all the right reasons
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: New World Order....

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri May 11, 2018 2:48 pm

Nice well reasoned post. In all the fall out I notice Marc Bircham's name hasn't cropped up, will he be staying or going? I do hope that we manage to persuade Gavin Ward,the goalkeeping and the fitness coach, whose name escapes me as I type this, because they have both proved their worth during the last season IMO. Good luck to IH, I hope he finds a nice place in the pundit ranks again and remembers QPR with some kindness despite the manner of his leaving.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Fri May 11, 2018 2:56 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 2:48 pm
Nice well reasoned post. In all the fall out I notice Marc Bircham's name hasn't cropped up, will he be staying or going? I do hope that we manage to persuade Gavin Ward,the goalkeeping and the fitness coach, whose name escapes me as I type this, because they have both proved their worth during the last season IMO. Good luck to IH, I hope he finds a nice place in the pundit ranks again and remembers QPR with some kindness despite the manner of his leaving.
Your obsession with the goalkeeping and fitness coaches is a bit weird. Let's hope they both don't get sacked too as there might be a bit of a one man meltdown on here......
Lex Talionis........

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri May 11, 2018 3:38 pm

White Duck wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 2:56 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 2:48 pm
Your obsession with the goalkeeping and fitness coaches is a bit weird. Let's hope they both don't get sacked too as there might be a bit of a one man meltdown on here......
Obsession? Our players haven't looked this fit in years and we have an embarrassment of riches in the goalkeeping department. Credit where it's due I think. I believe I have also mentioned on several occasions that Steve Black worked wonders behind the scenes leading up to our play off final at Wembley, is that too an obsession? A broader, all encompassing view of what it takes to get a team firing on all cylinders would be nearer the mark.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.