Holloway Sacked Poll!

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

What's your opinion on Ian Hollway being sacked?

Poll ended at Thu May 17, 2018 5:10 pm

1. Happy
16
24%
2. Unhappy
49
72%
3. Don't Care
3
4%
 
Total votes: 68

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6804
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Holloway Sacked Poll!

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu May 10, 2018 10:27 pm

old pauline wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:18 pm
I'm not happy about it as Ollie appeared to understand the playing dynamic which is needed and, selection/tactical mistakes aside, I thought he would have improved us next season. I am not sure his replacement will understand the DNA of the club so well.
DNA oh please you’ll be saying we need to start playing the qpr way again next.

Do you think Warnock understood our DNA or Taarabt for that matter.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3392
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Wimbledon
Contact:

Re: Holloway Sacked Poll!

Post by old pauline » Thu May 10, 2018 10:37 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:27 pm
old pauline wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:18 pm
I'm not happy about it as Ollie appeared to understand the playing dynamic which is needed and, selection/tactical mistakes aside, I thought he would have improved us next season. I am not sure his replacement will understand the DNA of the club so well.
DNA oh please you’ll be saying we need to start playing the qpr way again next.

Do you think Warnock understood our DNA or Taarabt for that matter.
There are exceptions. But the vast majority of the players under Ollie put a shift in week in week out. And I will be disappointed if the spirit is not as good next season. but that's just my opinion. Others might want to watch more talented mercenaries.
Come on you Sooopa ........

User avatar
bigbobb
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1196
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:15 pm
Location: Chacombe, Nr Banbury

Re: Holloway Sacked Poll!

Post by bigbobb » Fri May 11, 2018 12:17 am

old pauline wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:18 pm
I'm not happy about it as Ollie appeared to understand the playing dynamic which is needed and, selection/tactical mistakes aside, I thought he would have improved us next season. I am not sure his replacement will understand the DNA of the club so well.
I sat through so many games this season wondering what on earth IH was up to with his selections and tactics... If that was due to his understanding the DNA of the club then thank goodness he has gone.

I always support the club during games but we looked totally clueless on too many occasions to make it enjoyable and when we went out of the Cups so tamely that said to me he actually did not understand our DNA as I was brought up on us as being a good cup team but we even threw away any chance of keeping a run of league form going by not bothering and then slumping.
This time we'll get it right - just believe! :wink:

User avatar
AMERSHAM HOOP
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:45 pm
Location: Amersham

Re: Holloway Sacked Poll!

Post by AMERSHAM HOOP » Fri May 11, 2018 1:10 am

ABSOLUTELY FUMING ...............................NEVER EVER SLAGGED MY CLUB BEFORE

NO BUDGET ENTHUSIASM AND PASSION BEYOND BELIEF WAS BLOODING YOINGSTERS HOOS SAID OLLIE DONE A GREAT JOB SO??????????

SHAME ON YOU TODAY QUEENS PARK RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB......................STABILITY MY ARSE!!!!!
Then.....Now.....Always.......WE ARE QPR!!!

User avatar
AMERSHAM HOOP
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:45 pm
Location: Amersham

Re: Holloway Sacked Poll!

Post by AMERSHAM HOOP » Fri May 11, 2018 1:12 am

I KNOW NOT THE GREATEST TACTICALLY, BUT IN THE PRESENT CLIMATE??? QPR THROUGH N THROUGH

GOOD LUCK TO McLaren HE WILL NEED IT --------WHATS HE EVER DONE?

NOW IF GA HAD BEEN BOUGHT IN I COULD POSSIBLY UNDERSTAND
Then.....Now.....Always.......WE ARE QPR!!!

User avatar
AMERSHAM HOOP
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:45 pm
Location: Amersham

Re: Holloway Sacked Poll!

Post by AMERSHAM HOOP » Fri May 11, 2018 1:14 am

WELL SAID PAULINE !!!!


FOR THE FIRST TIME IM DOUBTING OUR BOARD......
Then.....Now.....Always.......WE ARE QPR!!!

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5236
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Holloway Sacked Poll!

Post by deadendjob » Fri May 11, 2018 5:27 am

Amersam Hoop, you appear to have left Caps Lock on lad. Press it again to turn it off.
Image

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6804
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Holloway Sacked Poll!

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri May 11, 2018 6:34 am

old pauline wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:37 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:27 pm
old pauline wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:18 pm
I'm not happy about it as Ollie appeared to understand the playing dynamic which is needed and, selection/tactical mistakes aside, I thought he would have improved us next season. I am not sure his replacement will understand the DNA of the club so well.
DNA oh please you’ll be saying we need to start playing the qpr way again next.

Do you think Warnock understood our DNA or Taarabt for that matter.
There are exceptions. But the vast majority of the players under Ollie put a shift in week in week out. And I will be disappointed if the spirit is not as good next season. but that's just my opinion. Others might want to watch more talented mercenaries.
Spirit I think you may think there was spirit because we won a few towards the second half of the season but in all honesty he didn’t know his best team & played the wrong formation for the first half of the season.

We won’t be going back to the Remy or Bosingwa days anytime soon so I’d expect there to be spirit within this group whoever is incharge also I’d expect there to be a level of tactical knowhow & a settled first xi.

1-4 Brentford in the Cup weakened team, you call that knowing our dna?

We will see maybe your right maybe the new gaffer will get nothing from the players, only time will tell I guess.

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12785
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Holloway Sacked Poll!

Post by dm » Fri May 11, 2018 6:50 am

I would have given Ollie another season because, even with his foibles, I think he'd earnt it.

His sacking/leaving/mutual agreement - I'm not sure which it is - raises questions about whether or not lessons really have been learnt.

If his replacement is SM I share all the usual criticisms about him.

So for me, the negatives outweigh the positives.

User avatar
QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1607
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:21 pm
Location: CO Tyrone Northern Ireland

Re: Holloway Sacked Poll!

Post by QPR-NI » Fri May 11, 2018 7:20 am

Stability that appeared to be leading to a steady improvement in performances ditched in favour of another roll of the dice.


Wayne Rooney's for sale.

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6804
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Holloway Sacked Poll!

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri May 11, 2018 8:05 am

QPR-NI wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 7:20 am
Stability that appeared to be leading to a steady improvement in performances ditched in favour of another roll of the dice.


Wayne Rooney's for sale.
The only person rolling the dice was Ollie with his erratic team selection week in week out.

We lost 5 from our last 8, we won 3 from 23 away all season, not sure I agree with your stability statement.

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5130
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Holloway Sacked Poll!

Post by Systemsguy » Fri May 11, 2018 8:22 am

No I'm not happy with how his dismissal has been handled.. reflects badly on the club...

His mum's unfortunate passing was being rumoured as the reason he would step aside and someone on here and elsewhere wrote that McClaran was virtually a done deal..

He obviously wasn't playing ball..... This smells of a last throw of the dice by whoever our owners are at the moment to get back into the "promised land" with the parachute money stopping after next season...

Don't start me on Uncle Tony....
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

User avatar
QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1607
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:21 pm
Location: CO Tyrone Northern Ireland

Re: Holloway Sacked Poll!

Post by QPR-NI » Fri May 11, 2018 8:34 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:05 am
QPR-NI wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 7:20 am
Stability that appeared to be leading to a steady improvement in performances ditched in favour of another roll of the dice.


Wayne Rooney's for sale.
The only person rolling the dice was Ollie with his erratic team selection week in week out.

We lost 5 from our last 8, we won 3 from 23 away all season, not sure I agree with your stability statement.
So you are saying that whatever changes the board make this time are guaranteed to improve things on the pitch.

That's a bold prediction.

Are we getting Warnock back?

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9667
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Holloway Sacked Poll!

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri May 11, 2018 8:39 am

QPR-NI wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 7:20 am
Stability that appeared to be leading to a steady improvement in performances ditched in favour of another roll of the dice.


Wayne Rooney's for sale.
Player-manager ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1607
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:21 pm
Location: CO Tyrone Northern Ireland

Re: Holloway Sacked Poll!

Post by QPR-NI » Fri May 11, 2018 8:44 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:39 am
QPR-NI wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 7:20 am
Stability that appeared to be leading to a steady improvement in performances ditched in favour of another roll of the dice.


Wayne Rooney's for sale.
Player-manager ?
I was thinking more of spunking millions on a has been but you could be onto something.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests