Steve Mcclaren

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20017
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Steve Mcclaren

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu May 10, 2018 9:22 pm

Rbee wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:08 pm
Esox, excuse my ignorance here and I hope you don't mind me asking, I don't mean to offend in any way and I really don't mean to come across as being pedantic but I bow to your superior knowledge and would like to ask you how exactly do you ''cünt'' someone off?
Read some of the posts after his post game interviews/ social media comments etc. Wait, just trawl back through Twitter... and then take a long shower. :D
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9468
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Steve Mcclaren

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri May 11, 2018 8:37 am

dbak wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 3:19 pm
If it is him let’s get behind him and support him. We played some of the best football seen for years when he was in as coach a few years ago. I wish Holloway well but he was taking us absolutely nowhere with hoof and hope football.
Did we ?

I think the extent to which his 3 months at the club have been mythologized is quite funny. I seem to recall us grinding out a lot of 1-0 wins with the most expensive Championship squad ever. The glorious victory at Yeovil still lives long in the memory.

To me, his appointment would smack of a return to TF's starstruck love of "big name" managers.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5087
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Steve Mcclaren

Post by Systemsguy » Fri May 11, 2018 9:50 am

I'm interested in who decided on Ollie being manager.....

I was led to believe (especially on here) Uncle Tony had no real influence anymore and Ruben and the consortium were making the important decisions now as he couldn't be trusted....

So Esox please tell me the current management structure and Tony's part in it?

McClaren? meh...

I support whoever is in charge at the start of the season come what may, be they good like Terry Venables, Gerry Francis (1st time round) or Frank Sibley, Steve Burtenshaw, Alan Mullery and every other poor appointment we've made in the last 40 odd years...
2017/2018.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

User avatar
wrinklyhoop
2010/11 Sponsor
2010/11 Sponsor
Posts: 4615
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:35 pm
Location: St Albans

Re: Steve Mcclaren

Post by wrinklyhoop » Fri May 11, 2018 9:54 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:37 am
dbak wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 3:19 pm
If it is him let’s get behind him and support him. We played some of the best football seen for years when he was in as coach a few years ago. I wish Holloway well but he was taking us absolutely nowhere with hoof and hope football.
Did we ?

I think the extent to which his 3 months at the club have been mythologized is quite funny. I seem to recall us grinding out a lot of 1-0 wins with the most expensive Championship squad ever. The glorious victory at Yeovil still lives long in the memory.

To me, his appointment would smack of a return to TF's starstruck love of "big name" managers.
Thanks Uxy, about time someone put that straight. I recall we won a lot of our games during his stay, but hardly with scintillating football. I share your fears about TF's judgement of managers :shock:
Image

User avatar
White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2075
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Steve Mcclaren

Post by White Duck » Fri May 11, 2018 9:56 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:37 am
dbak wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 3:19 pm
If it is him let’s get behind him and support him. We played some of the best football seen for years when he was in as coach a few years ago. I wish Holloway well but he was taking us absolutely nowhere with hoof and hope football.
Did we ?

I think the extent to which his 3 months at the club have been mythologized is quite funny. I seem to recall us grinding out a lot of 1-0 wins with the most expensive Championship squad ever. The glorious victory at Yeovil still lives long in the memory.
That's how I see it: I remember a bit of an upturn in results but not necessarily quality of performances. We weren't exactly battling relegation when he came in either.
Lex Talionis........

User avatar
White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2075
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Steve Mcclaren

Post by White Duck » Fri May 11, 2018 10:04 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:01 pm
IH's win % was hovering around 30% which is respectable for a recent QPR manager but if you reduce it to his win % away from Loftus Road it would be horrific.
Therefore If you reduced it to his win percentage at home then his record would look great wouldn't it? Fantastic use of statistics.
:roll:
Lex Talionis........

User avatar
Keith
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:20 am

Re: Steve Mcclaren

Post by Keith » Fri May 11, 2018 11:38 am

So that's interminable, invective, opprobrium and cünting used by you today Esox.
I can see why, after early promise, your career as a spelling bee compiler collapsed.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20017
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Steve Mcclaren

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri May 11, 2018 12:32 pm

Keith wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 11:38 am
So that's interminable, invective, opprobrium and cünting used by you today Esox.
I can see why, after early promise, your career as a spelling bee compiler collapsed.
All done with a didactic approach Keith :D
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20017
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Steve Mcclaren

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri May 11, 2018 1:24 pm

willo wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:19 pm
It's hard to imagine what you would have to do to get banned. The frequent foul-mouthed abuse of those you disagree with hasn't resulted in a ban. I was occasionally having a look and even more occasionally posting during your hiatus. But you are back now trying to dominate and browbeat anyone who disagrees with the latest entrenched view you've alighted on. You are the reason I stepped back from positing and now that you are back, I'm off. It's a shame that for whatever reason DG hasn't dealt with your behaviour. The board is the worse for it.
Do you think it is your obsession with me that is preventing you from moving on and forming other relationships with other posters? Asking for a friend. 8)
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
willo
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6625
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:21 am
Location: Greenford

Re: Steve Mcclaren

Post by willo » Fri May 11, 2018 5:33 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:24 pm
willo wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:19 pm
It's hard to imagine what you would have to do to get banned. The frequent foul-mouthed abuse of those you disagree with hasn't resulted in a ban. I was occasionally having a look and even more occasionally posting during your hiatus. But you are back now trying to dominate and browbeat anyone who disagrees with the latest entrenched view you've alighted on. You are the reason I stepped back from positing and now that you are back, I'm off. It's a shame that for whatever reason DG hasn't dealt with your behaviour. The board is the worse for it.
Do you think it is your obsession with me that is preventing you from moving on and forming other relationships with other posters? Asking for a friend. 8)
To attempt to dismiss criticism of the way you behave on here by claiming obsession is frankly quite sad. Cop yourself on man.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20017
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Steve Mcclaren

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri May 11, 2018 6:34 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 9:50 am
I'm interested in who decided on Ollie being manager.....

I was led to believe (especially on here) Uncle Tony had no real influence anymore and Ruben and the consortium were making the important decisions now as he couldn't be trusted....

So Esox please tell me the current management structure and Tony's part in it?

McClaren? meh...

I support whoever is in charge at the start of the season come what may, be they good like Terry Venables, Gerry Francis (1st time round) or Frank Sibley, Steve Burtenshaw, Alan Mullery and every other poor appointment we've made in the last 40 odd years...
https://www.qpr.co.uk/club/staff-directory/
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20017
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Steve Mcclaren

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri May 11, 2018 6:35 pm

willo wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 5:33 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:24 pm
willo wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:19 pm
It's hard to imagine what you would have to do to get banned. The frequent foul-mouthed abuse of those you disagree with hasn't resulted in a ban. I was occasionally having a look and even more occasionally posting during your hiatus. But you are back now trying to dominate and browbeat anyone who disagrees with the latest entrenched view you've alighted on. You are the reason I stepped back from positing and now that you are back, I'm off. It's a shame that for whatever reason DG hasn't dealt with your behaviour. The board is the worse for it.
Do you think it is your obsession with me that is preventing you from moving on and forming other relationships with other posters? Asking for a friend. 8)
To attempt to dismiss criticism of the way you behave on here by claiming obsession is frankly quite sad. Cop yourself on man.
QED
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
willo
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6625
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:21 am
Location: Greenford

Re: Steve Mcclaren

Post by willo » Fri May 11, 2018 6:41 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 6:35 pm
willo wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 5:33 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:24 pm

Do you think it is your obsession with me that is preventing you from moving on and forming other relationships with other posters? Asking for a friend. 8)
To attempt to dismiss criticism of the way you behave on here by claiming obsession is frankly quite sad. Cop yourself on man.
QED
hysterical

User avatar
n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1387
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:09 am
Location: bounds green

Re: Steve Mcclaren

Post by n22hoop » Sat May 12, 2018 9:26 am

willo wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 5:33 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:24 pm
willo wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:19 pm
It's hard to imagine what you would have to do to get banned. The frequent foul-mouthed abuse of those you disagree with hasn't resulted in a ban. I was occasionally having a look and even more occasionally posting during your hiatus. But you are back now trying to dominate and browbeat anyone who disagrees with the latest entrenched view you've alighted on. You are the reason I stepped back from positing and now that you are back, I'm off. It's a shame that for whatever reason DG hasn't dealt with your behaviour. The board is the worse for it.
Do you think it is your obsession with me that is preventing you from moving on and forming other relationships with other posters? Asking for a friend. 8)
To attempt to dismiss criticism of the way you behave on here by claiming obsession is frankly quite sad. Cop yourself on man.
Obsession is having almost 20k posts on this message board. Obsessed with the sound of his own opinion.

Empty vessels make the most noise.....
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20017
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Steve Mcclaren

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat May 12, 2018 9:57 am

n22hoop wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 9:26 am
willo wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 5:33 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:24 pm

Do you think it is your obsession with me that is preventing you from moving on and forming other relationships with other posters? Asking for a friend. 8)
To attempt to dismiss criticism of the way you behave on here by claiming obsession is frankly quite sad. Cop yourself on man.
Obsession is having almost 20k posts on this message board. Obsessed with the sound of his own opinion.

Empty vessels make the most noise.....
consider it as spreading enlightenment :D
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 10 guests