Thank you Ian Holloway

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Thank you Ian Holloway

Post by Rbee » Thu May 10, 2018 3:12 pm

Again.

Came along at just the right time after the dour tenure of JFH. Put a smile back on our faces and did what Ollie does best giving everyone a breathe of fresh air and restoring some pride in our club.

We just might need you again one day mate!

Welcome Schteve Mc if your appointment is confirmed. Full support from me. Good luck, I think you might need it especially as our owners are looking for pretty quick results.

carrotstick
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: Thank you Ian Holloway

Post by carrotstick » Thu May 10, 2018 3:16 pm

Thanks Ollie... a true "R", sorry to see you go.... all the best!!

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Thu May 10, 2018 3:22 pm

Thanks Ollie for an entertaining and satisfying home season (can't speak for away as I don't go to away games). Really appreciate the work you did for us and hope you get the good job that you deserve soon.
Come on you Sooopa ........

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Thu May 10, 2018 3:25 pm

I am feeling for Ian Holloway right now.

Results and performances on the pitch could have been better, but his passion and energy during a difficult period of transition are to be commended.

Thanks for all your efforts Ian. I really appreciate all you have done.

Good luck and all the best.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu May 10, 2018 4:02 pm

old pauline wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 3:22 pm
Thanks Ollie for an entertaining and satisfying home season (can't speak for away as I don't go to away games). Really appreciate the work you did for us and hope you get the good job that you deserve soon.
Unfortunately, they still count.

A shame it ended like this for Holloway - this is what i feared when he came back.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Thu May 10, 2018 4:22 pm

Utterly shocked by the news.... Reflects badly on the club IMO...

Puts context to Uncle Tony's podcast interview....

He hinted the club were preparing to "move on" but Ollie obviously wasn't going to go quitely like they wanted.... (He really can't keep his mouth shut and QPR Podcast must feel like fools today)

Not a big fan of him or his tactics but he stood in and steady the ship when we needed it...

Thank you Ollie, you are a true legend at this club...

Players, coaches, managers and owners all eventually leave....

Only the fans seemingly stay the full course....

I'll be back in August giving my support to whoever the owners decide will coach the club, been doing it for over 40 odd years, whatever the season as they say....
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by T-Block » Thu May 10, 2018 4:29 pm

Really I will not

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Thu May 10, 2018 4:44 pm

T-Block wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 4:29 pm
Really I will not
Is that because they've sacked Holloway or is it because they've sacked the manager.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu May 10, 2018 5:31 pm

Agreed. Thanks to Ollie. Not fair treatment. Some great highs this season. Beating Villa away, Wolves, Sheff utd and Cardiff at home. The draw at Fulham. Some convincing wins against the Yellow barsts, Sheff W and Brum. So much better than the previous two "managers". Fare thee well Ollie, Fortune and Victory sit on your Helm! (except against QPR).
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

DBHoops
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by DBHoops » Thu May 10, 2018 5:57 pm

I hope history looks kindly on Ian Holloway. In the last 20 years i don't believe there's has been one man who has done so much for our club. He has been at the helm during two periods of major instability and each time he left us has left the club on a better footing that when he joined.

Maybe there are things that we have not been party to, but personally, I don't think the way he has been treated is remotely good enough and it has really pissed me off. Another crazy decision from the board, just when it looked like they were starting to get it. To me this has shades of Warnock/Hughes all over again. Sigh.

Clive Whittingham's take on it on Loft For Words is spot on in my opinion.

So, yes. Thank you Ian Holloway. Again.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/ ... ts--column

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Thu May 10, 2018 6:18 pm

It must feel like de ja vu for him. Sacked twice by the club (and both times after defeats away to Leeds) and both times without doing anything wrong. Like has been already said, he guided QPR during the most difficult times, yet when the future looks more rosey he hasn’t had the chance to guide the club through calmer waters. I truly thought that had QPR kept him and not put him on gardening leave he would’ve built a playoff contending team especially with tango and cash’s money. And i also thought that with another season of consolidation in the league, bringing on the youngsters, we could look forward to another go at promotion in 2 yrs time.

If Steve McLaren does come in the he will have to hit the ground running otherwise I feel this move will put the club backwards again, like every managerial decison Fernandez & co have made since sacking Warnocking (appointing Holloway aside).

Ollie, I hope you read this message board to see that the vast majority (and often the silent ones) were/are in full support of everything you have done for QPR. A big THANK YOU from my heart. :(

AMERSHAM HOOP
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by AMERSHAM HOOP » Fri May 11, 2018 1:21 am

IAN IAN HOLLOWAY IAN IAN HOLLOWAY aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap

THANK YOU FOR BRINGING OUR QPR BACK THEN NOW ALWAYS

CHEERS OLLIE
Then.....Now.....Always.......WE ARE QPR!!!

AMERSHAM HOOP
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by AMERSHAM HOOP » Fri May 11, 2018 1:46 am

It must feel like de ja vu for him. Sacked twice by the club (and both times after defeats away to Leeds) and both times without doing anything wrong. Like has been already said, he guided QPR during the most difficult times, yet when the future looks more rosey he hasn’t had the chance to guide the club through calmer waters. I truly thought that had QPR kept him and not put him on gardening leave he would’ve built a playoff contending team especially with tango and cash’s money. And i also thought that with another season of consolidation in the league, bringing on the youngsters, we could look forward to another go at promotion in 2 yrs time.

If Steve McLaren does come in the he will have to hit the ground running otherwise I feel this move will put the club backwards again, like every managerial decison Fernandez & co have made since sacking Warnocking (appointing Holloway aside).

Ollie, I hope you read this message board to see that the vast majority (and often the silent ones) were/are in full support of everything you have done for QPR. A big THANK YOU from my heart. :(

Perfectly said and cudn't agree more aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap
Then.....Now.....Always.......WE ARE QPR!!!

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri May 11, 2018 5:25 am

AMERSHAM HOOP wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:21 am
IAN IAN HOLLOWAY IAN IAN HOLLOWAY aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap

THANK YOU FOR BRINGING OUR QPR BACK THEN NOW ALWAYS

CHEERS OLLIE
Good on you AMERSHAM HOOP good on you mate.