Olly Gone

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

DBHoops
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Re: Olly Gone

Post by DBHoops » Thu May 10, 2018 11:28 pm

So people with money don't deserve your sympathy or concern, especially one who has done so much for this club over the last 20-25 years?, We will agree to disagree. We've hijacked this thread enough

Besides, I also thought Dani Parejo was a great player and was way too good for QPR...

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Thu May 10, 2018 11:55 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:32 pm
What's all this outrage at Holloway going?
At best the performances were average and the season was underwhelming.

As Zenith has said the young players need proper coaching and whoever comes in I'm sure that'll be
a consideration of the board who made the decision [not just Fernandes!].

There hasn't been any semblance of competent coaching or tactical nous for 3 years.
Complete rubbish about the coaching: a decent number of players have improved under Holloway and the young players seem to have been doing ok under him as well.

I enjoyed a large number of the home games this season: we played well on a consistent basis with a lot more attacking intent than most previous managers.
Lex Talionis........

AMERSHAM HOOP
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by AMERSHAM HOOP » Fri May 11, 2018 1:17 am

ABSOLUTELY FUMING ...............................NEVER EVER SLAGGED MY CLUB BEFORE

NO BUDGET ENTHUSIASM AND PASSION BEYOND BELIEF WAS BLOODING YOINGSTERS HOOS SAID OLLIE DONE A GREAT JOB SO??????????

SHAME ON YOU TODAY QUEENS PARK RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB......................STABILITY MY ARSE!!!! aniwall aniwall aniwall
Then.....Now.....Always.......WE ARE QPR!!!

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Fri May 11, 2018 5:32 am

Rbee wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:04 pm
deadendjob wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 7:43 pm
He has had time to turn it around, has had time to create his own squad.
You think a season and a half is long enough to clear out a bunch of players, build a new squad, style of play AND see it succeed? We shall never agree deadend :)
Fair play mate :)
We all support the same team and can't turn back the clock, so here's hoping the board have made the right decision in the long run - irrespective of we feel about it.

drunkagain

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri May 11, 2018 5:38 am

deadendjob wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 5:32 am
Rbee wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:04 pm
deadendjob wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 7:43 pm
He has had time to turn it around, has had time to create his own squad.
You think a season and a half is long enough to clear out a bunch of players, build a new squad, style of play AND see it succeed? We shall never agree deadend :)
Fair play mate :)
We all support the same team and can't turn back the clock, so here's hoping the board have made the right decision in the long run - irrespective of we feel about it.

drunkagain
Indeed Pal, the club is the most important thing of course. drunkagain

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Fri May 11, 2018 6:16 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:13 pm
DBHoops wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:00 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:07 pm

You better phone the club then & get Ollie on suicide watch.

Managers are sacked weekly my bro lost his home his business he lost everything he worked for.

I couldn’t give a f*ck if a millionaire lost there job in the bull sh*t world of football!

THEY DONT LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD!

Nothing personal DB it just touches a nerve with me.
That's a little unnecessary there pal.

And nothing personal here either and Mate awfully sorry about your brother, but its a false equivalency in this situation. To compare the two and judge one vs the other is not the point of this conversation. You brought your brother into it and compared with Ollie. I was commenting in isolation.

If you know someone who has lost their job, then i would have thought its easier to have empathy rather than just deride them because you think they have some cash. (just so you know, as you are bring personal situations into it, I also lost my job last year)

Anyway, we're getting off topic.
I have zero empathy or sympathy for a football manager that loses there job, I just don’t its a false world, there are kids & family’s that can’t afford to go to a football match & yet you want me to ignore the fact that Ollie is more than likely a millionaire & his pockets are lined at a child or family’s expense.

You live & die by the sword in football, it’s comical that people even begin to relate it to the real world.
LaLa, although I feel uncomfortable about the way that Ollie has been dismissed, those that have the real stake in the club have difficult decisions to make and they deserve some consideration from the fans. At the Board table, how must 80 games played and 40 lost look? But, it is not unreasonable to feel sorry for Ollie. Yes, plenty of other people have big setbacks and Ollie may have more cash that most of us. But, comparative wealth is not the point. That is because a) his passion for the club ran deep and b) people like Ollie do not like losing - pride, self esteem etc. We move on, but, that does not stop us having sympathy for him.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri May 11, 2018 6:17 am

DBHoops wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 11:28 pm
So people with money don't deserve your sympathy or concern, especially one who has done so much for this club over the last 20-25 years?, We will agree to disagree. We've hijacked this thread enough

Besides, I also thought Dani Parejo was a great player and was way too good for QPR...
Of course it’s sad of course I can have a degree of feeling towards a rich person that is hard done by but my original comment is I won’t lose sleep over it & I doubt Ollie will either, hardly spiteful & nasty.

Oh DB i was just starting to think you were a decent fella & then you have to act like a 12yr old trying to get a reaction regarding Pajero, never mind enjoy school today.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri May 11, 2018 6:26 am

kernowhoop wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 6:16 am
westlondonlalala wrote:
DBHoops wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:00 pm

That's a little unnecessary there pal.

And nothing personal here either and Mate awfully sorry about your brother, but its a false equivalency in this situation. To compare the two and judge one vs the other is not the point of this conversation. You brought your brother into it and compared with Ollie. I was commenting in isolation.

If you know someone who has lost their job, then i would have thought its easier to have empathy rather than just deride them because you think they have some cash. (just so you know, as you are bring personal situations into it, I also lost my job last year)

Anyway, we're getting off topic.
I have zero empathy or sympathy for a football manager that loses there job, I just don’t its a false world, there are kids & family’s that can’t afford to go to a football match & yet you want me to ignore the fact that Ollie is more than likely a millionaire & his pockets are lined at a child or family’s expense.

You live & die by the sword in football, it’s comical that people even begin to relate it to the real world.
LaLa, although I feel uncomfortable about the way that Ollie has been dismissed, those that have the real stake in the club have difficult decisions to make and they deserve some consideration from the fans. At the Board table, how must 80 games played and 40 lost look? But, it is not unreasonable to feel sorry for Ollie. Yes, plenty of other people have big setbacks and Ollie may have more cash that most of us. But, comparative wealth is not the point. That is because a) his passion for the club ran deep and b) people like Ollie do not like losing - pride, self esteem etc. We move on, but, that does not stop us having sympathy for him.
Well put kern.. but my original post was I won’t lose sleep over it & im sure he won’t, it’s football it’s not the real world.

It’s not the first time Ollie has got the chop & probably won’t be the last.

He had a full pre season & full season to show the fans & board what he could do, yeah we showed glimpses here and there of ability we also compitulated in games & looked out of sorts.

I personally woudnt have sacked him but then again I don’t run qpr or sit on the board.

He’s a legend in my eyes a true super hoop but on the flip side he’s also a millionaire working in a fantasy industry that has no relation to the everyday man on the street.

I lose my job today & ive got to phone the mortgage company up explaining how they might not be getting paid, I have to work out how I’m gonna feed my family.

Trust me I’d be losing sleep over it.

Ollie on the other hand.. maybe a round of golf with birch maybe book a holiday to Florida for the kids, do you kinda get where I’m coming from.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Fri May 11, 2018 7:25 am

Rbee wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:52 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:32 pm
There hasn't been any semblance of competent coaching or tactical nous for 3 years.
I presume you have at least FA Level 3 (UEFA B) Coaching Badges to substantiate your point?
Naw! You merely have to have seen some of our shambolic defensive/tactical displays at Loftus Road
to ascertain that.
Staff Benda Bilili

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Fri May 11, 2018 7:30 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 6:26 am
kernowhoop wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 6:16 am
westlondonlalala wrote:

Well put kern.. but my original post was I won’t lose sleep over it & im sure he won’t, it’s football it’s not the real world.

It’s not the first time Ollie has got the chop & probably won’t be the last.

He had a full pre season & full season to show the fans & board what he could do, yeah we showed glimpses here and there of ability we also compitulated in games & looked out of sorts.

I personally woudnt have sacked him but then again I don’t run qpr or sit on the board.

He’s a legend in my eyes a true super hoop but on the flip side he’s also a millionaire working in a fantasy industry that has no relation to the everyday man on the street.

I lose my job today & ive got to phone the mortgage company up explaining how they might not be getting paid, I have to work out how I’m gonna feed my family.

Trust me I’d be losing sleep over it.

Ollie on the other hand.. maybe a round of golf with birch maybe book a holiday to Florida for the kids, do you kinda get where I’m coming from.
I understand and I expect that, when he gets over the immediate shock and embarrassment, Ollie will tell himself that it could be worse and will then get on with whatever it is that he decides to do next. I still feel sorry for Ollie - QPR gave him his big break, when Gerry Francis persuaded him that he could play top-flight football and that is where the deep attachment began.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri May 11, 2018 8:07 am

westlondonlalala wrote:

A touch over the top there, don't you think ? It's not as if he personally sets ticket prices or stands at the box office holding a knife to anyone's throat.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri May 11, 2018 8:22 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:07 am
westlondonlalala wrote:

A touch over the top there, don't you think ? It's not as if he personally sets ticket prices or stands at the box office holding a knife to anyone's throat.
I didn’t say he did I’m just saying there are family’s out there that can’t afford to watch qpr & Ollie doesn’t mind the x amount of thousands paid into his bank each month plus the healthy payoff he’ll receive if there is one.

I can’t feel the same way about him loosing his job in comparison to say a post man with 3 kids & a mortgage.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Fri May 11, 2018 11:33 am

His role at QPR meant a lot more to him than x amount of money in the bank each month and he will be upset that its been taken away from him. I feel for him.
Come on you Sooopa ........

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri May 11, 2018 11:40 am

Forgive me if I've missed this but has it been confirmed as to whether Ollie's been sacked or left of his own accord or came to a mutual agreement with the club? That obviously has some bearing on the debate.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri May 11, 2018 11:48 am

dm wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 11:40 am
Forgive me if I've missed this but has it been confirmed as to whether Ollie's been sacked or left of his own accord or came to a mutual agreement with the club? That obviously has some bearing on the debate.
If you read the short Official Statement dm I think this part gives it away “However, we are now looking to take the next step as we continue to work through what is a vital period of transition for the football club.''

Ollie himself recently said that he had a year left on his contract and that he would like to extend it.