Olly Gone

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Olly Gone

Post by Rbee » Thu May 10, 2018 8:52 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:32 pm
There hasn't been any semblance of competent coaching or tactical nous for 3 years.
I presume you have at least FA Level 3 (UEFA B) Coaching Badges to substantiate your point?

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Thu May 10, 2018 9:06 pm

Rbee wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:52 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
There hasn't been any semblance of competent coaching or tactical nous for 3 years.
I presume you have at least FA Level 3 (UEFA B) Coaching Badges to substantiate your point?
:D

The improvement of Luongo, Freeman, Scowen, Smyth, Eze and others in the last year suggests that someone knows what they're doing. Not as much as those sitting behind a keyboard of course.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu May 10, 2018 9:06 pm

Bar the goalkeeping coaching since Gavin Ward arrived you would only need yes at the game to see it. The wing back debacle, the lump it to the opposition CB's when evidence to the contrary says stop doing it. IH & MB main strength was getting the players fit and hungry to play. Man motivator? not many better; game manager and master tactician? not so much.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu May 10, 2018 9:07 pm

DBHoops wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:08 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 7:06 pm
DBHoops wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 6:11 pm
I don't really think that's the point is it?

You love your job, you love the company, you love your colleagues and then you're told you are no longer needed. It's not about your financial circumstances, it's about not being able to do the job you love.

Your take is a rather callous one
Just realistic, my brother lost work he’s self employed he then lost his home.

Sad for Ollie but he’s a millionaire I’m not gonna cry myself to sleep over it & I doubt he will either it’s life it’s football.
Is it realistic though, or is it just your opinion?

Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington were multi-millionaires with families, idolised by a huge fanbase and yet both killed themselves.

Money (and having it) is not a cure-all to these issues - These people aren't robots.
You better phone the club then & get Ollie on suicide watch.

Managers are sacked weekly my bro lost his home his business he lost everything he worked for.

I couldn’t give a f*ck if a millionaire lost there job in the bull sh*t world of football!

THEY DONT LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD!

I understand depression & mental illness has no criteria rich or poor anyone can suffer from it but name the last manager to take his own life due to being sacked? I think your examples are people with ongoing issues known to those close to them or not they clearly had issues.

Ollie doesn’t have issues he got the sack & my point is he won’t have to go & sign on next week.

Nothing personal DB it just touches a nerve with me.
Last edited by westlondonlalala on Thu May 10, 2018 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu May 10, 2018 9:10 pm

Mr Beef wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:06 pm
Rbee wrote:
Andy_N19 wrote:

The improvement of Luongo, Freeman, Scowen, Smyth, Eze and others in the last year suggests that someone knows what they're doing. Not as much as those sitting behind a keyboard of course.
How have any of the above improved, they are decent players that showed there class the first time they kicked a ball for us.

They weren’t sh*t & now all of a sudden good, they were good in the first place.

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Thu May 10, 2018 9:18 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:10 pm
Mr Beef wrote:
Rbee wrote:

How have any of the above improved, they are decent players that showed there class the first time they kicked a ball for us.

They weren’t sh*t & now all of a sudden good, they were good in the first place.
How many goals had Luongo scored prior to the last year? How many people were calling for Freeman to be signed? Or Scowen? Or Smyth?

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Thu May 10, 2018 9:22 pm

volpone wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 5:59 pm
What Satch said on wing backs et al did it for Holloway. I imagine there were likely grumblings from Hoos and Ferdinand. Maybe some of the players. I don’t know. Didn’t look like he lost the dressing room.

Holloway’s fate wasn’t a secret. Clearly leaked out to lots of people over last few weeks. Maybe Tony was preparing the ground to get rid of a popular QPR stalwart but Holloway was not treated well in the run-up to today. Gave the big earners the heave-ho and brought in youngsters. And then given the sack himself. But couldn’t see him taking us beyond midtable.

Satch wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 2:19 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 1:58 pm

Warnock was sacked by the fans and social media IIRC. Have you considered that IH had done nearly all that was asked of him and his failings weren't addressed by him during his tenure so the board took a view that a new manager would improve the situation? Failings like keeping a system long after it was obvious to a blind man that it wasn't working and then having youngsters given a game, doing well and then dropped for another spin of his team selection roulette wheel. I enjoyed more games last season than I have a while but there were times like Forest at home etc. where evn a member of his won family would have told him to pack it in.
The continued use of the wingback system and the player tomobola are two of the big questions marks over Holloway for me, along with what appears to difficulty adapting mid-game to tactical changes from the opposition and the man management of players in the media. I'd have liked him to go of his own volition and after some improvement - he might feel aggrieved but i don't think this is an unfair decision, even if we 're all craving some stability. Talking of scapegoats, it's interesting how the blame is laid straight at Ferdinand's feet.

Rbee, what was the Dave Mc quote about the youngsters?
What a joke - even if it's true, what does Hoos know about football? He's a f*ckin' finance officer, not a coach. I find his statement on the Offish, and the fact that he's even put in a position to make one, so disgustingly fake I wish he'd just f*ck off to Reading. IH has been sacked in effect (though the club doesn't have the guts to use the word) for the professional transgression of doing a good job, and meeting all the goals he was set, as Hoos exactly states. The mind truly boggles!

I wonder how Ian is feeling tonight. Unless he was lying through his teeth in his comments post-Leeds and had been given an inkling behind the scenes, I'd think 'disgusted' and 'devastated' don't even begin to cover it.

McClaren is a half-decent coach, but Ollie has had a lot more success than him as a club manager, as well as one or two less successful spells in the hot seat. But I just cannot see the compelling basis for this change. Les, too, has gone down in my estimation. If Schteve fails, will the board fall on their swords? Somehow, I doubt it.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Thu May 10, 2018 9:30 pm

I think Ollie improved certain players individually, no doubt about that. Tactically, i thought he had some good ideas and plenty of his things came off but at the same time he was a bit inconsistent. Let's see what happens now though. I'll be interested to see how Mclaren get on with less resources at his disposal than at his previous clubs.
Come on you Sooopa ........

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu May 10, 2018 9:47 pm

old pauline wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:30 pm
I think Ollie improved certain players individually, no doubt about that. Tactically, i thought he had some good ideas and plenty of his things came off but at the same time he was a bit inconsistent. Let's see what happens now though. I'll be interested to see how Mclaren get on with less resources at his disposal than at his previous clubs.
Aye, there's the rub ! There cannot suddenly be a pot of money for transfers. Many of us, during the season, thought IH's job was safe because (a) the club couldn't afford to pay him off and (b) few other managers would come in if baldly told there is no money for signings. Maybe the club has found Theresa May's magic money tree that she used when bribing Ulster Unionist MPs ?

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by T-Block » Thu May 10, 2018 9:48 pm

Agree completely Pauline.Give it 10 games into the season with Rangers in the bottom 3 and watch the instant changing of opinions.Always negative.
Whiners always whine.Ollie was doing well ,with Penrice some of the new youngsters were showing great potential.Penrice is Holloways oldest mate.He will take the first offer that comes his way and leave and I hope those clueless f*u*c*k*e*r*s get all the criticism they deserve.I hope Fernandez and the others sell now.I just want them out.My guess this is a reaction to getting turned over by Hughes and Redknapp-new policy go in hard on your manager when he has (1) kept you in the division when most others would fail (2) cut your wage bill (3) got young replacements with potential (4) got through the hard stage and reached a point where things may improve.

In 18-20 months

A bloody good job well done.,but sacked.

These people are idiots.The definition being a board that never learns from its mistakes

All the text messages from fans all DO NOT WANT MCCLAREN
Last edited by T-Block on Thu May 10, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu May 10, 2018 9:49 pm

Mr Beef wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:18 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Mr Beef wrote:

How many goals had Luongo scored prior to the last year? How many people were calling for Freeman to be signed? Or Scowen? Or Smyth?
Hang on don’t go off the subject, we’re discussing improving players at the club, coaching and development.

Scowen was player of the year at Barnsley & there fan base were gutted to see him go, we didn’t improve him he was ready made.

Freeman has always had ability & showed it from the word go we didn’t coach it into him he had it upon arrival.

Smyth was the hottest prospect in NI & once again he didn’t start off crap for us & then Ollie and his team improved him, he was dynamite on his debut and is showing the same level of ability now.

What about Washington Perch Lynch Cousins where’s there improvement since Ollie took over?

The players you mentioned haven’t improved they were already good.

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Thu May 10, 2018 9:54 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:49 pm
Mr Beef wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:

Hang on don’t go off the subject, we’re discussing improving players at the club, coaching and development.

Scowen was player of the year at Barnsley & there fan base were gutted to see him go, we didn’t improve him he was ready made.

Freeman has always had ability & showed it from the word go we didn’t coach it into him he had it upon arrival.

Smyth was the hottest prospect in NI & once again he didn’t start off crap for us & then Ollie and his team improved him, he was dynamite on his debut and is showing the same level of ability now.

What about Washington Perch Lynch Cousins where’s there improvement since Ollie took over?

Putting aside that you've ignored the question about how many people were asking for Freeman, Scowen and Smyth to be signed before Holloway arrived, if you don't think any of those players have improved in the last year then you're likely to be in a pretty small minority.

DBHoops
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by DBHoops » Thu May 10, 2018 10:00 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:07 pm
DBHoops wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 7:06 pm

Just realistic, my brother lost work he’s self employed he then lost his home.

Sad for Ollie but he’s a millionaire I’m not gonna cry myself to sleep over it & I doubt he will either it’s life it’s football.

Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington were multi-millionaires with families, idolised by a huge fanbase and yet both killed themselves.

Money (and having it) is not a cure-all to these issues - These people aren't robots.

Managers are sacked weekly my bro lost his home his business he lost everything he worked for.

I couldn’t give a f*ck if a millionaire lost there job in the bull sh*t world of football!

That's a little unnecessary there pal.

And nothing personal here either and Mate awfully sorry about your brother, but its a false equivalency in this situation. To compare the two and judge one vs the other is not the point of this conversation. You brought your brother into it and compared with Ollie. I was commenting in isolation.

If you know someone who has lost their job, then i would have thought its easier to have empathy rather than just deride them because you think they have some cash. (just so you know, as you are bring personal situations into it, I also lost my job last year)

Anyway, we're getting off topic.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu May 10, 2018 10:05 pm

Mr Beef wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:54 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:49 pm
Mr Beef wrote:

Putting aside that you've ignored the question about how many people were asking for Freeman, Scowen and Smyth to be signed before Holloway arrived, if you don't think any of those players have improved in the last year then you're likely to be in a pretty small minority.
I’m confused with what signing certain players has got to do with improving players.

We signed some decent players yes I agree, what has that got to do with improving players ?

The players you mentioned were decent when we signed them & are decent now.

If Connor Washington scores 25 goals next season, if Cousins rips it up in CM and elbows Scowen out the team, If Furlong improves to be our most consistent defender & shows improved levels of performance then yes you would say the manager and coaching team have improved them.

But the likes of Scowen Freeman & Luongo were never bad in the first place they were quality when we signed them & they’re quality now.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu May 10, 2018 10:13 pm

DBHoops wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:00 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:07 pm
DBHoops wrote:

That's a little unnecessary there pal.

And nothing personal here either and Mate awfully sorry about your brother, but its a false equivalency in this situation. To compare the two and judge one vs the other is not the point of this conversation. You brought your brother into it and compared with Ollie. I was commenting in isolation.

If you know someone who has lost their job, then i would have thought its easier to have empathy rather than just deride them because you think they have some cash. (just so you know, as you are bring personal situations into it, I also lost my job last year)

Anyway, we're getting off topic.
I have zero empathy or sympathy for a football manager that loses there job, I just don’t its a false world, there are kids & family’s that can’t afford to go to a football match & yet you want me to ignore the fact that Ollie is more than likely a millionaire & his pockets are lined at a child or family’s expense.

You live & die by the sword in football, it’s comical that people even begin to relate it to the real world.