Olly Gone

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

DBHoops
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Re: Olly Gone

Post by DBHoops » Fri May 11, 2018 4:56 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:52 pm
DBHoops wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:01 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 6:17 am

Of course it’s sad of course I can have a degree of feeling towards a rich person that is hard done by but my original comment is I won’t lose sleep over it & I doubt Ollie will either, hardly spiteful & nasty.

Oh DB i was just starting to think you were a decent fella & then you have to act like a 12yr old trying to get a reaction regarding Pajero, never mind enjoy school today.
And that is your position. My point is that there are other factors rather than money. Ollie has been a loyal servant to the R's as a player and a manager - I believe a combined 500 games. You say Ollie won't be losing sleep. I bet he is gutted. He has a bond to the club that has been forcibly removed. Ian Holloway is a decent and principled family man. If you haven't read his autobiography I would recommend that you give it a go. I am sure that the money side of it is furthest from his mind right now.

Ha! Ha! It was just a little joke to lighten the mood pal! Don't take it badly!
Its ok I’ve got a sense of humour, you say it’s not about the money for Ollie of course it isn’t because he’s rich that’s my whole point, everyday joe off the street would be financially up the creek.

Anyway listen I don’t even know why we’re having this conversation, nothing surprises me with qpr anymore I just hope the next gaffer isn’t a complete numpty I really do.
Well at least we agree on that. I fear we know the answer to that though...

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Fri May 11, 2018 5:28 pm

Wegerle wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 5:41 pm
Thanks Ollie for everything yet again. Hope you will be back at the club in some kind of capacity in the near future.
Probably as manager in 2020
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat May 12, 2018 4:35 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:40 pm
Systemsguy wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 2:56 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 2:42 pm

Well IH was brought in at TF 's insistence so I doubt that it was him that pulled the trigger.
If true this is a double edged sword.... A lot weren't convinced (me included) by his re-appointment as it seemed ANOTHER populous move by Uncle Tony courting favour with the fans again...

The method of his removal has made me personally unhappy rather than loyalty to him or his supposed replacement....

Uncle Tony will get most of the flak as a lot still consider him the "chairman" rather than "co-chairman", he really should stand down and sit in the shadows like Flav did during our promotion season....

Amit as the frontman anyone?
You don't hate Amit that much that you would wish that on him do you? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't hate Amit whatsoever.... He did a marvelous job with Ishan in charge when Flav took a back seat in 2010....

In the staff directory you kindly gave a link to in another post he's still vice chairman.....

He IMO would make a great co-chairman (he wasn't the main shareholder last time either) replacing TF.
2017/2018.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat May 12, 2018 7:15 am

Systemsguy wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 4:35 am
Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:40 pm
Systemsguy wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 2:56 pm

If true this is a double edged sword.... A lot weren't convinced (me included) by his re-appointment as it seemed ANOTHER populous move by Uncle Tony courting favour with the fans again...

The method of his removal has made me personally unhappy rather than loyalty to him or his supposed replacement....

Uncle Tony will get most of the flak as a lot still consider him the "chairman" rather than "co-chairman", he really should stand down and sit in the shadows like Flav did during our promotion season....

Amit as the frontman anyone?
You don't hate Amit that much that you would wish that on him do you? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't hate Amit whatsoever.... He did a marvelous job with Ishan in charge when Flav took a back seat in 2010....

In the staff directory you kindly gave a link to in another post he's still vice chairman.....

He IMO would make a great co-chairman (he wasn't the main shareholder last time either) replacing TF.
I was just teasing you about hating Amit, and I agree, he did a good job last time but would you wish all the shit that is directed at the club to be aimed at him? I don't suppose he would either.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Sat May 12, 2018 1:18 pm

Good morning Ollie.
Afraid the news isn't jolly.
Is that your brolly?
Perhaps you'd leave it for Wally?
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sun May 13, 2018 3:14 am

God love you, Ollie.
You must have been off your trolley
To trust Tony. It's unholy!
I'll miss you, by golly!
Last edited by stainrod's elbow on Sun May 13, 2018 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sun May 13, 2018 4:36 am

From the QPR slurry
Here's a last bit of lolly.
You loved us so much it got silly!
Now sling your hook, Ollie!
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun May 13, 2018 6:04 pm

Satch wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 5:19 pm
T-Block wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 5:15 pm
Zenith tenner bet that McClaren will be managing a team in the bottom 3 by January?
I'll have a piece of that if it's on offer, If i win it can go to QPR in the community.
T-Block - interested?