Olly Gone

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: ZENITH R, Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin

qprhoops81
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Olly Gone

Post by qprhoops81 » Thu May 10, 2018 1:00 pm

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr ... o-mcclaren

Wow, didnt see that coming.

David McIntyre wouldnt publish that unless it was true.
The problem with quotations on the internet is, you don't know whether they're accurate. - Abraham Lincoln

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Olly Gone

Post by Satch » Thu May 10, 2018 1:12 pm

The site is down for me.

Bold move from the club and i'm not sure about McLaren. I have concerns over Holloway but he can also feel a little aggrieved. SM and the board won't get a lot of grace from the fans if this doesn't work well.

I'm glad it's been done early though.

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by T-Block » Thu May 10, 2018 1:15 pm

pribbling idle-headed giglet off Fernandez -just go now

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by T-Block » Thu May 10, 2018 1:16 pm

Fernandez is a c*u*n*t.

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by T-Block » Thu May 10, 2018 1:17 pm

F*u*c*k-off Les Ferdinand as well

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Thu May 10, 2018 1:17 pm

T-Block wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 1:15 pm
Serious question if we had another manager who was not so connected with the club as Holloway is would you be so against changing.

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Thu May 10, 2018 1:21 pm

I really have no idea what TF is thinking. Ok Ollie has his detractors but really with the resources available what is he expecting a proven failed manager to achieve. Maclaren is a failure as a manager and has proved it time and again. Absolutely ridiculous move in my opinion . The only thought i can have is FFP is near solution and TF [ actually those who control the club] are looking to sell . They think Maclaren will make the club more appealing to far eastern buyers. I have said it before and i still believe it TF is a truly terrible chairman who has and is leading the club to a sorry end.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu May 10, 2018 1:48 pm

T-Block wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 1:15 pm
Do you not think the rest of the board had any influence on this decision? Your blind hatred is making you look stupid. :roll:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

JC
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by JC » Thu May 10, 2018 1:49 pm

I know TF not always popular, but this isn't his sole decision is it? This is a board decision and will also have input from others

JC
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by JC » Thu May 10, 2018 1:49 pm

Hate it when that happens...

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by T-Block » Thu May 10, 2018 1:53 pm

YES Essox maybe but I cannot agree if true ,and I cannot be bothered with this club anymore so I am cancelling my season ticket.
There are better things to do .Give the man a chance.First Sack Warnock without giving him a chance-choose to employ Hughes and Redknapp.
These arseholes have no idea. McClaren will not fit in - just watch the club plummet

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu May 10, 2018 1:54 pm

Is this a regular olygon or an irregular one? 8)

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu May 10, 2018 1:57 pm

But is it Fernandes making the decisions now?

If our owners think that much better than 16th was achievable this season then they are greatly deluded. Reminds me of a few seasons ago when they all of sudden changed their minds mid season thinking promotion was possible even though we could see that the squad wasn't good enough.

A lot of faith being put in to our youngsters at the moment but they have to appreciate that not all of them, if any, will make it and be good enough for regular Championship football.

Dave Mc recently tweeted that he thought Ollie was too volatile for the youngsters and that McClaren might be more of a calming influence on them.

Who knows but for me this isn't really much more than a like for like change of manager, possibly a step down bearing in mind Ollie has actually taken teams up.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu May 10, 2018 1:58 pm

T-Block wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 1:53 pm
YES Essox maybe but I cannot agree if true ,and I cannot be bothered with this club anymore so I am cancelling my season ticket.
There are better things to do .Give the man a chance.First Sack Warnock without giving him a chance-choose to employ Hughes and Redknapp.
These arseholes have no idea. McClaren will not fit in - just watch the club plummet
Warnock was sacked by the fans and social media IIRC. Have you considered that IH had done nearly all that was asked of him and his failings weren't addressed by him during his tenure so the board took a view that a new manager would improve the situation? Failings like keeping a system long after it was obvious to a blind man that it wasn't working and then having youngsters given a game, doing well and then dropped for another spin of his team selection roulette wheel. I enjoyed more games last season than I have a while but there were times like Forest at home etc. where evn a member of his won family would have told him to pack it in.

Monkey
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Monkey » Thu May 10, 2018 1:59 pm

I’m hoping this is an article that was written in case the scenario did occur and has been published prematurely.

I know McIntyre had his sources, but who would be in the know enough to leak it to the press before the club announced it?

flipping stupid decision if true!

Next time I’m on an air Asia flight I’m going to make a dirty protest in every bog straight after take off :evil:
If you had a million Shakespeares, could they write like a monkey?