Ollie's fate decided in the next few hours

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5030
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Ollie's fate decided in the next few hours

Post by Rbee » Thu May 10, 2018 11:14 am

According to Sky Sports


Ian Holloway's future as QPR manager will be decided in the next few hours after talks with owner Tony Fernandes, Sky Sports News understands.
In April, Fernandes failed to confirm if Holloway would stay at Loftus Road after being given the role when Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink was sacked in November 2016.

"The manager has had his highs and has had his lows," Fernandes said. "We'll have to analyse and say at end of the season: 'Are we happy? Is he happy with us as shareholders? Is he happy with the squad?' And then you make your decisions from there."

Holloway has won 26 of his 80 games in charge, drawing 14 and losing 40. One of the most notable this season came when they lost 4-1 at home against west London rivals Brentford in the Carabao Cup. Former England manager Steve Mc remains the bookmakers favourite to take over at QPR.

Mc had an impressive three months working as a coach under Harry Redknapp at QPR, in the summer of 2013, before he left for Derby County in the autumn. The 57-year-old recently had a second stint at the Rams but only managed there for six months, winning 13 of his 29 games in charge before being sacked.

QPR finished 16th in the Championship this season.

User avatar
W12Allstars
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3794
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:22 pm
Location: Kingsridge, South Devon

Re: Ollie's fate decided in the next few hours

Post by W12Allstars » Thu May 10, 2018 11:36 am

No more ex-England managers please.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, than to dwell in the twighlight that knows neither victory nor defeat - T Roosevelt

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5030
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: Ollie's fate decided in the next few hours

Post by Rbee » Thu May 10, 2018 12:29 pm

Funny that it's still Tony all over the news being described as ''Owner'' although he is no longer a majority shareholder, Ruben is.

Bearing that in mind I wonder how much Ruben is involved with things such as the managers job and how often Tony and Ruben are in full agreement on various issues.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20448
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Ollie's fate decided in the next few hours

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu May 10, 2018 1:50 pm

Rbee wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:29 pm
Funny that it's still Tony all over the news being described as ''Owner'' although he is no longer a majority shareholder, Ruben is.

Bearing that in mind I wonder how much Ruben is involved with things such as the managers job and how often Tony and Ruben are in full agreement on various issues.
I've been saying this for nearly a year but it usually gets totally ignored, mostly by people whose only agenda is hating on TF and Les/ Hoos. Kamarudin would also have had a big say in it too.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5030
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: Ollie's fate decided in the next few hours

Post by Rbee » Thu May 10, 2018 2:18 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 1:50 pm
Rbee wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:29 pm
Funny that it's still Tony all over the news being described as ''Owner'' although he is no longer a majority shareholder, Ruben is.

Bearing that in mind I wonder how much Ruben is involved with things such as the managers job and how often Tony and Ruben are in full agreement on various issues.
I've been saying this for nearly a year but it usually gets totally ignored, mostly by people whose only agenda is hating on TF and Les/ Hoos. Kamarudin would also have had a big say in it too.
I know how you feel Mike!

Still, this isn't the biggest error they have made, keeping Redknapp on too for too long was a biggie.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20448
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Ollie's fate decided in the next few hours

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu May 10, 2018 2:22 pm

Rbee wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 2:18 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 1:50 pm
Rbee wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:29 pm
Funny that it's still Tony all over the news being described as ''Owner'' although he is no longer a majority shareholder, Ruben is.

Bearing that in mind I wonder how much Ruben is involved with things such as the managers job and how often Tony and Ruben are in full agreement on various issues.
I've been saying this for nearly a year but it usually gets totally ignored, mostly by people whose only agenda is hating on TF and Les/ Hoos. Kamarudin would also have had a big say in it too.
I know how you feel Mike!

Still, this isn't the biggest error they have made, keeping Redknapp on too for too long was a biggie.
Don't get me started :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1224
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: Ollie's fate decided in the next few hours

Post by T-Block » Thu May 10, 2018 4:55 pm

Feels like a big ,big mistake.This lot of owners continually make big mistakes.Holloway has been their only reasonable appointment.

This is another Warnock moment.
Really terrible.What are they thinking?

How long did he last at Derby?

Just Stupid ,plain stupid.

I fear it would be better if Fernandez just went away.

This lot seriously need some advice.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20448
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Ollie's fate decided in the next few hours

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu May 10, 2018 6:09 pm

They are doing just fine AFAIAC IH was great at getting the players working hard etc. but our away form is a huge joke and that is down to him, he didn't get it right very often at all during his tenure. IMO if it is Steve Mac & Lee Carsley who come in then I feel a lot happier about next season with some senior pro's departing this Summer. Holloway as a manager was very similar to Holloway as a player, full of heart but very limited in technique. Thanks for what you did Ian and I wish you well in the future. A halftime Forever R's appearance in the near future would be a great way for the fans to show their appreciation.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6198
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Ollie's fate decided in the next few hours

Post by QPR_John » Thu May 10, 2018 6:48 pm

T-Block wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 4:55 pm
Feels like a big ,big mistake.This lot of owners continually make big mistakes.Holloway has been their only reasonable appointment.

This is another Warnock moment.
Really terrible.What are they thinking?

How long did he last at Derby?

Just Stupid ,plain stupid.

I fear it would be better if Fernandez just went away.

This lot seriously need some advice.
You state Holloway has been their only reasonable appointment then go on to say the sacking is another Warnock moment which suggests you think Warnocks appointment was correct but not a reasonable appointment

User avatar
Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 8029
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:37 pm

Re: Ollie's fate decided in the next few hours

Post by Mr Beef » Thu May 10, 2018 9:20 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 6:48 pm
T-Block wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 4:55 pm
Feels like a big ,big mistake.This lot of owners continually make big mistakes.Holloway has been their only reasonable appointment.

This is another Warnock moment.
Really terrible.What are they thinking?

How long did he last at Derby?

Just Stupid ,plain stupid.

I fear it would be better if Fernandez just went away.

This lot seriously need some advice.
You state Holloway has been their only reasonable appointment then go on to say the sacking is another Warnock moment which suggests you think Warnocks appointment was correct but not a reasonable appointment
Probably because Warnock was appointed by Briatore and then sacked by Fernandes.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6198
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Ollie's fate decided in the next few hours

Post by QPR_John » Thu May 10, 2018 9:23 pm

Mr Beef wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:20 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 6:48 pm
T-Block wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 4:55 pm
Feels like a big ,big mistake.This lot of owners continually make big mistakes.Holloway has been their only reasonable appointment.

This is another Warnock moment.
Really terrible.What are they thinking?

How long did he last at Derby?

Just Stupid ,plain stupid.

I fear it would be better if Fernandez just went away.

This lot seriously need some advice.
You state Holloway has been their only reasonable appointment then go on to say the sacking is another Warnock moment which suggests you think Warnocks appointment was correct but not a reasonable appointment
Probably because Warnock was appointed by Briatore and then sacked by Fernandes.
Whoops

User avatar
Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 8029
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:37 pm

Re: Ollie's fate decided in the next few hours

Post by Mr Beef » Thu May 10, 2018 9:34 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:23 pm
Mr Beef wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:20 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 6:48 pm


You state Holloway has been their only reasonable appointment then go on to say the sacking is another Warnock moment which suggests you think Warnocks appointment was correct but not a reasonable appointment
Probably because Warnock was appointed by Briatore and then sacked by Fernandes.
Whoops
Oh dear. How long is your memory John?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6198
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Ollie's fate decided in the next few hours

Post by QPR_John » Thu May 10, 2018 9:42 pm

Mr Beef wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:34 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:23 pm
Mr Beef wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:20 pm


Probably because Warnock was appointed by Briatore and then sacked by Fernandes.
Whoops
Oh dear. How long is your memory John?
Put it down to old age or jumping in with both feet before engaging brain

User avatar
Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 8029
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:37 pm

Re: Ollie's fate decided in the next few hours

Post by Mr Beef » Thu May 10, 2018 9:44 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:42 pm
Mr Beef wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:34 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:23 pm


Whoops
Oh dear. How long is your memory John?
Put it down to old age or jumping in with both feet before engaging brain
.

Not often you admit to getting it wrong John, so that seems fair enough.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 29 guests