Average Championship Attendances 17/18

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: Average Championship Attendances 17/18

Post by Giorgio » Tue May 08, 2018 6:35 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 6:24 pm
Do you tie the matches in with work at all? Irrespective to attend as many games as you do is hugely commendable. It's a shame there aren't more incentives from the club for regular long distance travellers.
...no....I tie them to some visits to my daughter that now lives and works in London. Fly and arrive in the morning, meeting her
for lunch then moving to LR and fly back to Dublin in the evening. If I stay overnight I can meet her for dinner too if she is not
too busy or bored with me.... :wink:

Well, with TF owning an air company I sometimes wonder if he could offer any discount to the few flying fans - there are other
Irish going to the matches, not so often as I do... but actually I fly mainly Aer Lingus to Heathrow or alternatively, Ryan Air
to Gatwick with a preference to the first one due to more flights and Heathrow's location near and more convenient than Gatwick from LR.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Tue May 08, 2018 6:37 pm

DBHoops wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 6:32 pm
One thing I'd like QPR to look at is this, sensible pricing of concessions, which may help to lower costs of the matchday experience for families. This is an interesting move by the Mercedes Benz Arena in Atlanta. As well as the usual high priced concessions, they have a fan first menu. Refillable coke for $2, a pizza slice for $3 and beer for $5. Making sure that food and drink is affordable helps keep money in the stadium. Would love to see QPR leading the way here.

http://atlantarestaurants.blog.myajc.co ... eer-about/
What are QPR charging on the menu these days?
Having a souvenir refillable cup with a discounted refill is an easy way to make money and improves the match day experience.

Also like the idea of combining the community work with free tickets - especially with schools etc. We need to grow our base and if we're 3k short of our maximum capacity, providing even a few hundred tickets to young ones and their families may help.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue May 08, 2018 6:56 pm

From 2019-20 season Sky will allow you to stream all midweek Championship games.

So if you thought our attendances were poor this season then from 2019-2024 (5yr 600m deal) they will more than likely decline even further.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Tue May 08, 2018 8:35 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 6:56 pm
From 2019-20 season Sky will allow you to stream all midweek Championship games.

So if you thought our attendances were poor this season then from 2019-2024 (5yr 600m deal) they will more than likely decline even further.
...TV are killing this sport....I mean...they give plenty of money to the clubs....ok...but the stadiums are getting empty...
I see also in Italy....my home club stadium was always full, even when playing weak teams...now it is a very sad view.....
hardly full when the big clubs visit......

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue May 08, 2018 8:48 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 8:35 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:

...TV are killing this sport....I mean...they give plenty of money to the clubs....ok...but the stadiums are getting empty...
I see also in Italy....my home club stadium was always full, even when playing weak teams...now it is a very sad view.....
hardly full when the big clubs visit......
God, I hate Sky.....you hear some people say they've put a lot of money into football but this money has gone straight into the pockets of the players and their agents. The fans still pay a fortune to attend whilst having to put up with the stupid kickoff times. Relatively the clubs are no better off with the Sky money.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Wed May 09, 2018 6:24 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:

Being overseas, I love the prospect of this, although I'm really hoping there'll be a decent on demand service this time round. The games are either at 2am or 8am for me, so I'm either going to lose sleep or miss it due to work commitments.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu May 10, 2018 5:14 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 6:24 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:

Being overseas, I love the prospect of this, although I'm really hoping there'll be a decent on demand service this time round. The games are either at 2am or 8am for me, so I'm either going to lose sleep or miss it due to work commitments.
We played 16 midweeks last season so that’s 16 sickies you better line up :wink: