The Times: Paul Smyth leans towards Northern Ireland

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: ZENITH R, Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin

sparkypark
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: The Times: Paul Smyth leans towards Northern Ireland

Post by sparkypark » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:31 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:19 pm
..well, I am a foreigner.....italian, living in Ireland - do I need to specify the Republic..? :roll: - for 20 years and still I cannot understand all this
fuss between northern and Eire.....I would like to remind that we are in the year 2018...approaching 2020.....and still having this kind of problems is something comparable to the middle ages....wake up, grow up....and stop that....ah, yes...and put away all those funny orange suits and scarves that would be good only for Blackpool fans...

BTW ...I am happy if Paul Smyth is becoming an international player....where ever he plays....even for the republic of San Marino... :wink:
That is a bit insulting, Georgio. There are many very real reasons why so many in the Unionist and nationalist/republican communities do not trust each other. It is a history of injustices, discrimination and violence. Don't forget the troubles affected many families. Thankfully the violence is largely a thing of the past, but the memories and the hurt is still strong for many.

What has not been mentioned is that it is a mark of progress that it is no longer remarkable that a catholic should play for Linfield!

Good luck to Paul and whichever O'Neill he chooses.
Between my finger and my thumb the squat pen rests. I'll dig with it.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:31 pm

Good news is Smyth never played

The even gooder news is he coudnt showcase his talent and attract the attention of some c u next Tuesday from the premier league.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:41 am

sparkypark wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:31 pm
That is a bit insulting, Georgio
..not my intention of insulting anyone, just - as a foreigner - finding absurd to read such things in the year 2018.....that's all..
and yes, I remember only few years ago the news about people throwing stones to school children cos they were walking down
the "wrong" street..... :roll: :roll: :roll: sorry, but I don't find it normal and acceptable.....