Match Thread: Brentford v Queens Park Rangers FC

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: Match Thread: Brentford v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by Damien » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:17 pm

I hope I live long enough to see us heat these Twat's again - as they are really starting to get under my skin.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:23 pm

dbak wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:13 pm
We are so far away from where we need to be I’m afraid if we kick off with this structure in place in August it’s going to be a very long season next year
Just like Wenger, Olly's reached a place where he can get no better with us.
Only reason why we all aren't calling for his head is there is no credible alternative.

We've reached a glass ceiling, would be nice to move on up.
Staff Benda Bilili

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:24 pm

Negatives: The result
Positives: Makeshift defence with 2 youngsters held it together well enough to avoid a shellacking.
Sylla showed what a good poacher he is.
End of season with nothing to play for and the team still got stuck into them; no sign of "already on the beach"
We are not going to get relegated.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:29 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:23 pm
dbak wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:13 pm
We are so far away from where we need to be I’m afraid if we kick off with this structure in place in August it’s going to be a very long season next year
Just like Wenger, Olly's reached a place where he can get no better with us.
Only reason why we all aren't calling for his head is there is no credible alternative.

We've reached a glass ceiling, would be nice to move on up.
You can't say that with any authority, the second half of the season showed some good signs of improvement in the overall structure of the team with some very good results. A battle for promotion next season would be nice but if we end up in 15-17th again and the finances are healthy I would take that. Some much needed stability has been introduced and, IMO, it would be reckless to disrupt it when the green shoots of recovery are in place. All I ask is the club put a muzzle on IH and keep him away from the media. :D
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:52 pm

Damien wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:17 pm
I hope I live long enough to see us heat these Twat's again - as they are really starting to get under my skin.
Heat like that is, indeed, often likely to cause itching.
:wink:

Sorry - almost the end of the season.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:29 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:29 pm
You can't say that with any authority, the second half of the season showed some good signs of improvement in the overall structure of the team with some very good results. A battle for promotion next season would be nice but if we end up in 15-17th again and the finances are healthy I would take that. Some much needed stability has been introduced and, IMO, it would be reckless to disrupt it when the green shoots of recovery are in place. All I ask is the club put a muzzle on IH and keep him away from the media. :D
The other three London clubs in the division are all still in with a shout of promotion.

We’re a nonentity that gets turned over in derbies while our happy clapping fans ejaculate over coming 16th.....because we could never hope to compete with the likes of mighty Millwall, could we?

Pathetic.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:19 pm

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:29 pm
The other three London clubs in the division are all still in with a shout of promotion.

We’re a nonentity that gets turned over in derbies while our happy clapping fans ejaculate over coming 16th.....because we could never hope to compete with the likes of mighty Millwall, could we?

Pathetic.
Jesus, you're a tiresome distempered pox-marked pumpion. Show me one fan here who is celebrating coming 16th.

Yes, of course we could be doing better, but you only have to look at Sunderland to see how much worse things could have been.

Get back to wanking over your life-size Neil Warnock poster.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:05 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:19 pm
Albert Steptoe wrote:

Pathetic.
Jesus, you're a tiresome distempered pox-marked pumpion. Show me one fan here who is celebrating coming 16th.

Yes, of course we could be doing better, but you only have to look at Sunderland to see how much worse things could have been.

:like
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:15 am

Albert Steptoe wrote:

Pathetic.
I like you sign off, Mr Pathetic. Very self-aware.

The Biscuit.
A proud supporter of QPR since 1970.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:09 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:19 pm
Albert Steptoe wrote:

Pathetic.

:lol: :lol: aniclap aniclap

Trojan
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Trojan » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 am

I think with the players we have, next season we could be pushing for the last play-off spot. We have shown we can compete with the best in the division, we just need IH to stop messing with the team or get in a new manager who does.
Sorry in advance.

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:54 am

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:29 pm

Pathetic.
The only one doing that here is you. As with every defeat, it gives you the opportunity to bitch and moan about not having Warnock.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:02 pm

Glad we didn't take a pasting today but that was more by luck than judgement they score that awful pen and put away that other sitter and it's 4-1 we were carved open. I'm a big fan of Furlong but i thought it was a poor call putting him at CB. I thought the subs were poor too as by that point there was something to be had. Freeman's form has really dipped which is a worry.

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:53 pm

I can understand why so many of you are ecstatic about coming 16th out of 24th; in your own lives that would represent a triumph fit for Mount Parnassus.

Just remember that not all of the fan base are quite as slow as you guys - some of us actually have ambition.

Keep on clapping away!

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:51 pm

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:53 pm
I can understand why so many of you are ecstatic about coming 16th out of 24th; in your own lives that would represent a triumph fit for Mount Parnassus.

Just remember that not all of the fan base are quite as slow as you guys - some of us actually have ambition.

Keep on clapping away!
Whatever
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question