Matt Ingram...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Matt Ingram...

Post by SM » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:20 pm

Obviously hasn’t played football for a while, but any thoughts on his performance?

Just to add, apparently Smithies is due to have a child within the next week or so, so they decided to use Ingram and to save potentially throwing him straight into a Derby game.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Matt Ingram...

Post by old pauline » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:24 pm

Doesn't appear to read the game as well as Smithies. Punching was good though. Made some reasonable saves in the second half but Smithies would have gathered them more comfortably. I'd be worried if he was our number 1 next season.
Come on you Sooopa ........

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:25 pm

I thought he did okay. He made some good some not so good decisions. Given he hasn't played first team football for quite some time I think that's to be expected.

If Smithies did leave the competition between Ingram and Lumley should help to bring out the best in both of them.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:59 pm

..he looks good but not exceptional IMO. Not enough commanding in the box....
If Smithies is leaving I would consider giving Lumley a chance to be number 1 next season.
From what I read, everywhere he has gone on loan, he did very well and Rovers tried their best last season (?) to sign him
permanently.....

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:02 am

When he was getting regular action at Wycombe he looked as good as Smithies and in his short spell at Northampton their fans all rated him. It might be better to judge him when he has had a spell as custodian and see how he develops.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:17 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:02 am
When he was getting regular action at Wycombe he looked as good as Smithies and in his short spell at Northampton their fans all rated him. It might be better to judge him when he has had a spell as custodian and see how he develops.
Exactly. I can remember people on this board doubting Smithies after about a game and a half, and he had around 250 league games under his belt. Oh ye of little faith.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

LanCat
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by LanCat » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:01 am

I thought he did ok but apart from one superb pass out to BOS the main thing he struggled with was his distribution. One of the reasons we struggled so much in the 2nd half was our lack of retention when he played the ball out.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:36 am

SM wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:20 pm
Just to add, apparently Smithies is due to have a child within the next week or so...
It didn't show :D
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:38 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:17 am
Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:02 am
Exactly. I can remember people on this board doubting Smithies after about a game and a half, and he had around 250 league games under his belt. Oh ye of little faith.

Not surprising that two of the more considered and intelligent posters expressed my thinking on this. And, yes, I am fishing for some credibility by association. LMAO.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:57 pm

Sorry not convinced....

However different goalies have different styles, I dont like goalies that punch the ball out.... and our (a bit makeshift) back 4 are more in tune with Smithies style...

After his misjudgement in the first half, seemed hesitant to come off his line afterwards....

Could be QPR's "England's No.1" next season but he needs the rest of this season playing for us to find out if he's up to the job...
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by T-Block » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:27 pm

A reasonable view cannot be gained from one game.You need five -ten to judge.

Vert physically imposing,and from what I hear a quick learner and very very bright.

Ideal learner I can see why they are keen to keep him-but needs to play to get better
U-23 games are not enough.

I think he will play all the games to the end of the season

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:06 pm

This forum in a nutshell, people have been raving about how we have a ready-made replacement for Smithies on the bench one game in and he's already failed.

I'd definitely give him the rest of the season. It might even be worth seeing if we can get someone in their twilight years (for once) to cover Smithies (if he's still here) and have both Ingram and Lumley out on loan. Neither will improve sat on our bench.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:42 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:57 pm
Sorry not convinced....

However different goalies have different styles, I dont like goalies that punch the ball out.... and our (a bit makeshift) back 4 are more in tune with Smithies style...

After his misjudgement in the first half, seemed hesitant to come off his line afterwards....

Could be QPR's "England's No.1" next season but he needs the rest of this season playing for us to find out if he's up to the job...
You were amongst those who weren't convinced about Smithies one and a half games in either. Why not allow him a run in the team before writing him off ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:30 pm

and he's already failed.
Discussion over - that's saved us all some trouble. I missed this on Saturday, but apparently he has already failed. Hope we get another one.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:03 am

Greyhound wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:30 pm
and he's already failed.
Discussion over - that's saved us all some trouble. I missed this on Saturday, but apparently he has already failed. Hope we get another one.
I think you've slightly missed the point a bit there fella, of course, that might be how i articulated it.