Preston

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Preston

Post by old pauline » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:38 pm

They are the new Burnley. Or the Burnley of 4 or 5 years ago. Their players are of the same ilk. The no. 8 (Browne) signed form Cork City, the no.5 (Clarke) signed from Leyton Orient, both looked like good players. Daniel Johnson (with the long dreads) is a good player who always plays well against us. The keeper looked good. They brought on Josh Harrop signed from Man U where he was surplus to requirements (and would never get a game under Mourinho). Hoos, we are not going to achieve what Burnley have yet. Now is the time to look at Preston.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: Preston

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:58 pm

This weeks flavour of the month for the QPR malcontents? Brentford, Millwall, Swansea, Southampton, Burnley all recent paradigms for QPR to be aspiring towards according to anyone who doesn't want to give the club ANY credit for the good work they are doing at the moment. :roll:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:11 pm

Not at all. I think the Hoos, Sir Les, Ollie (and Ramsey) are doing a very good job and moving the club forward on the right lines. You can always look around and see what other clubs are doing well though. I don't bleat on about Brentford, Millwall etc because I don't know enough about them but you must say that Preston had something about them and for a selling club, which we are also, they have reinvented themselves well.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:17 pm

They aren't a bad side, granted but I would be ashamed if any QPR side behaved like that. Hard is fine. Dirty, cheating - puts me in mind of Leeds and Liverpool of the past. Success at any cost? Naaaa
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

stainesranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:02 pm

We were pretty cynical under warnock and I thought it made a pleasant change to be dishing it instead of taking it.

Was quite nice to win regularly and gamesmanship is part of it. It did help that taraabt counterbalanced all that with some quality football

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:15 pm

I thought they were horrible to watch. I would hate to see a QPR side revert to those kind of ‘dark arts’ to win a football match.

As touched on above, under Warnock we knew how to grind out a win. And that’s absolutely fine. But I think they took it to the real extreme, and the referee was extremely poor alongside it.

It clearly works for them - but I really hope they don’t go up.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:11 pm

Preston Knob End have been like that since Joe Garner spent whole games trying to provoke a fight rather than concentrating on scoring goals. They have been one of my least liked teams for a few years now. Tom Barkhuizen is another in a similar line to that spunktrumpet.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:13 am

stainesranger wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:02 pm
We were pretty cynical under warnock and I thought it made a pleasant change to be dishing it instead of taking it.
Indeed we were. I'm not sure how anyone can pine for the return of Neil Warnock and then complain about what was largely time-wasting and game management once they went in front.

Preston are in the play-off mix with 3 games to go with one of the lowest budgets in the Championship. In other words, exactly where we aspire to be. I doubt many would be complaining if we were where they are playing the way they do. Getting to where we want to be based solely on playing the beautiful game in the Corinthian spirit is a utopian fantasy.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

stainesranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:07 am

Not to mention Sir Alex’s brand of gamesmanship that helped him become the best manager in the modern era and earned him a knighthood. Obviously his united teams offered more than that but was definitely a key part of their success.

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by T-Block » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:40 am

Spunktrumpet ?!!!

I 'll nick that for later