Prediction for tomorrow

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Prediction for tomorrow

Post by 222gers » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:03 pm

Even more difficult to predict than usual. Preston still gave an outside chance, just, of the playoffs so will be going all out. We, on the other hand, have only pride. I read on another forum that Holloway may give Mackie and Perch a game in order that the fans can say goodbye but I would have thought the Brum game more likely. That'll please the relegation contenders.

Hopefully we'll have a sprinkling of the lively youngsters in the team who will want to impress without any fear. I therefore go for a 3-2 win.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Prediction for tomorrow

Post by dm » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:10 pm

It is difficult to predict so I'll go for a Desmond.

I'd love to see Smyth, Eze and BOS start with Sylla ahead of them, but that's probably not going to happen.

I think Ollie's suggested he'll give Mackie a run out tomorrow and Perch his turn against Brum.

whittonhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by whittonhoop » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:39 pm

It's a load of sh1te, let's give a run out to some handsomely rewarded players, instead of a chance in the team for a few hungry young pups.

Mackie can do the lap of honour post Brum, he will get a huge cheer. How about we think about those that will be here next year (yes, us).

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:03 pm

222gers wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:03 pm
Even more difficult to predict than usual. Preston still gave an outside chance, just, of the playoffs so will be going all out. We, on the other hand, have only pride. I read on another forum that Holloway may give Mackie and Perch a game in order that the fans can say goodbye but I would have thought the Brum game more likely. That'll please the relegation contenders.

Hopefully we'll have a sprinkling of the lively youngsters in the team who will want to impress without any fear. I therefore go for a 3-2 win.
Why 'only' pride? Surely professional pride should dictate a high level of performance, irrespective of the league standings?

As it's been up and down all season, and lately us wining by four, losing by four, winning by four again etc, I'll go for the dong in our current ding-dong form and predict a 2-4 loss (with Mackie waving goodbye from the team bus).
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:24 pm

I don't have too many issues with Mackie playing some part tomorrow. I think Ollie is right in giving him game time rather than leaving his send-off until the token lap of appreciation when there will be less than 3,000 left in the ground (including myself).

I also have a slight feeling that Ollie is keeping the bright young things under wraps so that they don't elicit too much attention. I think that might be why Smyth and Eze have been in and out recently.

As for tomorrow I think Preston will edge it
Come on you Sooopa ........

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:16 pm

dm wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:10 pm
It is difficult to predict so I'll go for a Desmond.

I'd love to see Smyth, Eze and BOS start with Sylla ahead of them, but that's probably not going to happen.

I think Ollie's suggested he'll give Mackie a run out tomorrow and Perch his turn against Brum.
You'd think he'd give Mackie the last home game, far popular a figure, I have nothing against Perch and would have been tempted to give him another year, but no attachment. I'd give Mackie a big round of applause but a sub appearance seems more than enough. I'm glad we can give Chief a send off assuming he's gone.

No idea about tomorrow without being able to read Holloway's mind. I agree i'd like to see Smyth, Eze and BOS behind Sylla though. It isn't beyond the realms of possibility we could finish in the top half of the table, which would certainly give a positive valediction to the season and not hurt in our recruitment endeavours.

Edit: It wouldn't surprise me to see Chair or Oteh get a game or two or even for Tilt to make his debut.
Last edited by Satch on Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:25 pm