Eze being watched by ten Premier League clubs

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Eze being watched by ten Premier League clubs

Post by Rbee » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:07 pm

Allegedly. Get West London Sport

QPR hotshot Ebere Eze is reportedly being watched by TEN different Premier League clubs, including Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea and Champions-elect Manchester City. The 19-year-old started the season out on loan with League Two Wycombe Wanderers, where he scored five goals before returning to Loftus Road in January to strengthen Ian Holloway's attacking options.

He's been getting rave reviews in west London this season, with his manager and team mates alike bigging up the youngster's talents, and according to the Sun on Sunday, he was watched by ten different top flight clubs in QPR's Easter Monday win over Norwich City.

Holloway admitted that he's scared of losing his young talents, like he did with Josh Bowler to Everton in the summer, and with Eze, Paul Smyth, Darnell Furlong and Ryan Manning all excelling, it comes as no surprise there's interest in his youngsters.

Eze enters the final year of his contract this summer, and it's been suggested in the past few months that the Rs are considering tying him down to a new deal, although so far there's been no movement on that front.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Eze being watched by ten Premier League clubs

Post by old pauline » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:54 pm

Could the policy of bringing the youngsters through back-fire on us ? What are Karl Henry, Wes Hoolahan and Glenn Murray doing next season ?
Come on you Sooopa ........

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:12 pm

As I've pointed out before, there is no point at all in our bringing through the likes of Sterling, Bowler, Eze, Chair and Smyth, if they're going to stick around for anything between a few minutes and half a season, and then be lifted off the LR turf by the circling Premiership vultures. The likes of Alan McDonald must be turning in his grave!

Should that become the pattern going forwards, I'd propose a vote of no confidence in Hoos, Les and the board, and the club can just throw in the towel, as it would make a mockery of the so-called 'strategy' of the new QPR. aniwall
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:33 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:12 pm
As I've pointed out before, there is no point at all in our bringing through the likes of Sterling, Bowler, Eze, Chair and Smyth, if they're going to stick around for anything between a few minutes and half a season, and then be lifted off the LR turf by the circling Premiership vultures. The likes of Alan McDonald must be turning in his grave!

Should that become the pattern going forwards, I'd propose a vote of no confidence in Hoos, Les and the board, and the club can just throw in the towel, as it would make a mockery of the so-called 'strategy' of the new QPR. aniwall
Not digging you out, but what's your strategy then?
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:40 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:

Could not agree more

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:51 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:33 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:

Oh, I don't know. Maybe try to build a team/squad/playing style. Offer competitive contracts and real footballing development to the cream of our crop. Put some kind of sticky tape over Hoos' mouth if he continues to use Fans Forums to tell the world and his dog that we're a selling club with a stupid American smile on his face. Don't sell players the manager wants to keep, or put ridiculous prices on their heads when Spuds, Everton and Liverpool come calling. See where that takes us!

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:13 pm

Classic clickbait. Don't believe the hype.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:14 am

Can’t completely blame the club because if a player wants to leave you can’t really stop them nowadays. The only thing they can do is make sure players are in contract enabling them to obtain a fee.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:50 am

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:51 pm
Bear-Grills wrote:
stainrod's elbow wrote:

Oh, I don't know. Maybe try to build a team/squad/playing style. Offer competitive contracts and real footballing development to the cream of our crop. Put some kind of sticky tape over Hoos' mouth if he continues to use Fans Forums to tell the world and his dog that we're a selling club with a stupid American smile on his face. Don't sell players the manager wants to keep, or put ridiculous prices on their heads when Spuds, Everton and Liverpool come calling. See where that takes us!
You seem to have a real issue with Hoos being American, why is that? Your plan sounds great except you haven't quite established how to pay for it. We are a selling club, otherwise, we'll be a bankrupt club, fans need to hear that, not be pandered to, then throw the toys out at the surprise of players being sold.

Surely the fact our youth players are generating interest for the first time in years suggest the strategy is paying off? We've netted about 10 million quid for Sterling (pre-dating the current board tbf) and so far over a million for Bowler, who is yet to establish himself in the Everton U23s. I recall everyone's upset at Kpekawa being sold and that turned out not to be a disaster.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:29 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:13 pm
Seconded

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:35 am

Satch wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:50 am
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Bear-Grills wrote:

You seem to have a real issue with Hoos being American, why is that? Your plan sounds great except you haven't quite established how to pay for it. We are a selling club, otherwise, we'll be a bankrupt club, fans need to hear that, not be pandered to, then throw the toys out at the surprise of players being sold.

Surely the fact our youth players are generating interest for the first time in years suggest the strategy is paying off? We've netted about 10 million quid for Sterling (pre-dating the current board tbf) and so far over a million for Bowler, who is yet to establish himself in the Everton U23s. I recall everyone's upset at Kpekawa being sold and that turned out not to be a disaster.
I think the point being made is that we could sell Eze, Smyth, Smithies, Luongo, Scowen, Freeman and have money in the bank but what would we have on the field. There must be a balance between the team and the finance. We are after all a football club and our product is football

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:50 am

QPR_John wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:35 am

I think the point being made is that we could sell Eze, Smyth, Smithies, Luongo, Scowen, Freeman and have money in the bank but what would we have on the field. There must be a balance between the team and the finance. We are after all a football club and our product is football
Well if we sold them all, you'd have genuine cause for concern, but I don't believe for a moment that will happen.

However, we may well have to sell one or two, particularly if big money is being offered. That's the simple reality of where we are as a club, and it's part of the strategy. It's also the reality for the vast majority of clubs, certainly outside the PL.

Lee Hoos is simply doing the job he was brought in to do, and doing it well. The criticism of him from same fans is testament to that, I think.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:09 am

Satch wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:50 am
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Bear-Grills wrote:

Yep, swap 'American' with something else, like 'black' and this doesn't read well at all.
Not sure where Hoos comes from has anything to do with it.
--Would you rather the CEO lies to us, or gives us hard truths?

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:32 am

dm wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:29 am
UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:13 pm
Seconded
Thirded. A world of difference between Josh Bowler and Eberechi Eze. Josh was scouted whilst in our youth setup and approached. Eberechi has played in our youth, did very well at Wycombe so I am sure one of those ten Premier League clubs would have snapped him up in January had there been genuine interest.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:28 pm

Having lived there for a year, I have a love-hate relationship with America(ns), especially Americans in British football. Particular when they come to England talking about the 'guys', the 'changing rooms' and showing contempt for the culture of Loftus Road by sabotaging the Loft, then lying about how well-fulled the lower tier is.

I'm not a complete pie-in-the sky idealist - I realise occasional player sales are more or less inevitable. But when the best of our youth are sold off at the drop of a hat, having had their heads turned by agents, my point self-evidently stands. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating. If we stagnate or decline via sustained asset-stripping, the executive should walk, and may fans will vote with their feet.

I'm struck by how much the club's policy of 'managing expectations' has seeped into the fan base. Richard Thompson, not very long ago, was pilloried for selling off our crown jewels, while Hoos is seen as some kind of pragmatic messiah.

Sorry, but I'm not buying it, or not yet at least.