Onouha's red card

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ZENITH R

Onouha's red card

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:34 am

Let me start by saying he was foolish, and unprofessional particularly given he is club captain and one of our senior pro's.

However ..

I think his actions were borne out of frustration at the referee's lack of action.

Twice (including in the lead up to the red card) a Hull player put both hands in the chest of one of our players and shoved (hard). In the first incident the QPR player fell to the floor such was the force (and not in some effeminate oooh look at me manner) of the shove. On neither occasion did the Hull player receive any sort of card.

The FA Rules define violent conduct as:

"Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made."

Nedum Onouha ... guilty as charged.

Both Hull players - also guilty, but not punished.

It's easy to see why Onouha did what he did.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Onouha's red card

Post by White Duck » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:05 am

3 game ban for violent conduct isn't it? That's him out for most of the rest of the season. Any news on why Lynch had to come off so early? Could be short of defenders now. Ned was an idiot and the game was already lost so no need to do that at all.

At least we get a clue as to who next season's captain will be now 8)
Lex Talionis........

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:23 am

Lynch, Hamstring and I believe Luongo is vice captain.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:33 am

I'm sure Ned realises he made an error, but by God I'm glad that he showed some passion and fire. Sure, a frustration-fuelled, rush of blood to the head, but nothing Bartonesque, who was just a muppet of a man.

I won't quite applaud Ned's actions but it's good to see that he still cares deeply about the team.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:37 am

Was going to post something similar Zenith - Ned's action warranted red cards but how can raised hands from the Hull players see no identical action?

Absolutely ludicrous!

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:46 pm

yep...the ref was not using the same meter...the Hull guys should have got a red too for coming and shoving Scowen away.
I guess Ned was already pissed from the previous incident ...

then I would also mention the lino that missed at least two if not three clear offside, letting Hull to go dangerously up front....

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:43 pm

BiscuitRanger wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:33 am
I'm sure Ned realises he made an error, but by God I'm glad that he showed some passion and fire. Sure, a frustration-fuelled, rush of blood to the head, but nothing Bartonesque, who was just a muppet of a man.

I won't quite applaud Ned's actions but it's good to see that he still cares deeply about the team.
So, in effect, he took a red for the team, right? Except it damaged the team, going forwards. Go figure! aniwall

The refereeing certainly seems to have left something to be desired on the day, but - why bring Barton into it? - Ned needs to concentrate on not defending like a muppet and thereby helping us to an embarrassing defeat, and instead channelling the aggression that his considerable physique ought to make easier for him, in order to dominate his opponents fairly. If you think a barometer of 'caring deeply' about the team is foolish rushes of blood that earn self-sabotaging dismissals, I'm glad Ollie's more sober judgment will carry the day.

As club captain, Onuoha would do better to give Scowen a serious talking-to after the latter's violent, dick-head challenge that was the reason it all kicked off and that should, as Holloway rightly remarked, have seen him sent off instead. But Ned could/should start with himself, as both of them were absolute twats.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:49 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:37 am
Was going to post something similar Zenith - Ned's action warranted red cards but how can raised hands from the Hull players see no identical action?

Absolutely ludicrous!
Disagree. The Hull player pushed Scowen, but not very hard, after the latter's dangerous challenge that I'm actually surprised didn't start more of a melee (and probably would have, had Hull not pissed on our chips for most of the game). 'Two wrongs don't make a right' is the phrase that comes to mind. So Ned comes over like some mad tank from the other side of the pitch, and barges into their lad a lot harder, giving the referee a decision to make.

If I were Ian, I'd probably leave out both Scowen and Onuoha for the rest of the season to have a good think!

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:08 pm

Well, Mohamed Elneny has just been sent off for Arsenal for doing exactly what the two Hull players did yesterday. Actually, there was less aggression and force in Elneny's shove than there was in either of the Hull players' actions.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:42 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:49 pm
Devonranger wrote:

Absolutely ludicrous!
Disagree. The Hull player pushed Scowen, but not very hard, after the latter's dangerous challenge that I'm actually surprised didn't start more of a melee (and probably would have, had Hull not pissed on our chips for most of the game). 'Two wrongs don't make a right' is the phrase that comes to mind. So Ned comes over like some mad tank from the other side of the pitch, and barges into their lad a lot harder, giving the referee a decision to make.

If I were Ian, I'd probably leave out both Scowen and Onuoha for the rest of the season to have a good think!
Give over!!!!
QPR & Ireland

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:35 pm

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:59 pm

Barry wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:42 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Devonranger wrote:

Absolutely ludicrous!

Give over!!!!
Apologies for breathing! Ever heard of the phrase 'agree to disagree'? :roll:

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:19 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:59 pm
Barry wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:42 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:

Give over!!!!
Apologies for breathing! Ever heard of the phrase 'agree to disagree'? :roll:
There’s no way you’d leave players out for ‘the rest of the season’ for a bad challenge or over reaction if you were the boss!!! That’s just ludicrous! :lol:
QPR & Ireland

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:40 pm

Ned's out for 3 games anyway, through his own stupidity. Perhaps he fancied a mini-break? So he'll lose match fitness, and then we have only 2 games after that. If I were Ian, as I say, I wouldn't necessarily put him straight back in, if I played him at all. Scowen needs to become better, so he doesn't get out-played, out-thought and out-passed again - if he can. (Him and the rest of the midfield, apparently.) I might give Cousins a chance to shine in the circumstances. Hardly that controversial, surely?

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:01 pm

Different perspectives are perfect for a message board.

Ned got it wrong but so did the ref - I was applying the laws of the game as we see see.on many occasions week in week out - raised arms, irrespective of level of force equate to a red card - Ned, stupidly, used a certain level of force without raised arms - and saw red.

Ned deserved to walk but the Hull players staying on the pitch because "the hands on weren't as hard as other pushes we have seen" does not really run with the general application of rules made by refs week in week out.

Scowen mistimed a tackle - nothing more nothing less.