Match thread: Hull - Queens Park Rangers

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

nic
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Re: Match thread: Hull - Queens Park Rangers

Post by nic » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:16 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:11 pm
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... ll-4-0-qpr

Sky's grim 'highlights' - judge for yourselves! For me, all of their goals were so, so easy.

As for Ned's red - the first time I can remember in aeons he shows a soupcon of aggression, and he uses it to get himself dismissed. If he'd brought that to his brittle defending today, perhaps we wouldn't have folded quite so easily. Weirdly, though, it was the initial foul by Scowen (that probably warranted a straight red not yellow) that prompted the handbags. As for our silly Chief, I guess he just wanted an early shower after that, uh, shower of shite.

I wonder if IH feels we're still in a 'good place' after that sorry showing!
Very odd that no one on here is talking about the fact that Holloway said before the game a lot of players were down with a virus so he couldn’t play his first team and hints were that some who were not 100% would have to play. Seems fairly obvious that a fit and hungry home team in a relegation battle beat an ill and tired away team with nothing go play for, which is exactly what tends to happen at this stage in the season.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:16 pm

QPR-CMOB wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:02 pm
Poor performance but as team we capitulated . Thought we lacked an outlet and a target , and wished Holloway had not spoken about the culture that is developing with the team as this is hardly indicative of such a statement. Whilst it is unrealistic to expect good performances week in week out , both home and away , if the club is developing a culture then performances like this are unacceptable as we completely lacked any fight .
Still one bad day should not undo all the positive steps which have been made of late , but it is fair to expect a lot better performance than what took place today.
Fairly self-evidently - Eze's not a target man by any stretch of the imagination, but, in mitigation, it looks like we were banjaxed today by what appears to have been Smith's and the lethal Washington's sickness-enforced absences. Might have liked to see Smyth paired with Sylla in the circs, but I guess hindsight is 20/20.

Still, the lack of a fight of it makes it looks like two steps forward and another three back again! aniwall
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:18 pm

In his post-match interview Ollie admits he shouldn't have put Eze in as the lone striker in the first half. The lad looked lost and didn't recover in the second when playing his usual position behind Sylla but I don't think he can be blamed.

Not a good day at the office for Ollie.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:47 pm

dm wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:18 pm
In his post-match interview Ollie admits he shouldn't have put Eze in as the lone striker in the first half. The lad looked lost and didn't recover in the second when playing his usual position behind Sylla but I don't think he can be blamed.

Yep a strange decision not to play Sylla from the start or even Oteh (if he was fit). Would be interesting to know who has been hit with illness: hopefully they are all recovered for the Sheff Weds game.
Lex Talionis........

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:07 pm

Yet another one of those grounds where I can't remember us ever winning. Our away woes are going to need addressing in the summer for sure if we are to progress - still lacking something in the spine of this team.

norqpr
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by norqpr » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:13 pm

Grimsby Ranger wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:32 pm
FFS Rangers, the one team I always want us to beat :x
No man, thats Norwich ;)

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:26 pm

dm wrote:

Was the question asked why then did he do it. It is to be hoped there was some reason however obscure

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:32 pm

Damien wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:07 pm
Yet another one of those grounds where I can't remember us ever winning. Our away woes are going to need addressing in the summer for sure if we are to progress - still lacking something in the spine of this team.
Valentine's Day 1970 was our last victory in Hull!
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:05 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:32 pm
Damien wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:07 pm
Valentine's Day 1970 was our last victory in Hull!
Thanks Z. I wasn't yet press-ganged into supporting us then :wink: Must he one of our worst records on the road after Forest. Still it ain't as bad as Barnsley's at our gaff :D

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:21 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:26 pm
dm wrote:

Was the question asked why then did he do it. It is to be hoped there was some reason however obscure
He offered that Sylla isn't really fit and Matt Smith was ill. Besides that though there was no mention of Wishy (just as well), Mackie or Oteh. And, of course, Charlie Austin plays for a different club these days though we may well be playing them next season because it's managed by a grade A wally.

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:47 pm

nic wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:16 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:

Sky's grim 'highlights' - judge for yourselves! For me, all of their goals were so, so easy.

As for Ned's red - the first time I can remember in aeons he shows a soupcon of aggression, and he uses it to get himself dismissed. If he'd brought that to his brittle defending today, perhaps we wouldn't have folded quite so easily. Weirdly, though, it was the initial foul by Scowen (that probably warranted a straight red not yellow) that prompted the handbags. As for our silly Chief, I guess he just wanted an early shower after that, uh, shower of shite.

Very odd that no one on here is talking about the fact that Holloway said before the game a lot of players were down with a virus so he couldn’t play his first team and hints were that some who were not 100% would have to play. Seems fairly obvious that a fit and hungry home team in a relegation battle beat an ill and tired away team with nothing go play for, which is exactly what tends to happen at this stage in the season.
I was gonna post the same thing. Just a shame we've got another game in 3 days time as I doubt the unwell players will be able to recover in time. Plus I think the sad news about Ray Wilkins has possibly disrupted training somewhat. But we're safe. Roll on the summer :)

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:19 pm

beaglebum wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:47 pm
nic wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:16 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:

I was gonna post the same thing. Just a shame we've got another game in 3 days time as I doubt the unwell players will be able to recover in time. Plus I think the sad news about Ray Wilkins has possibly disrupted training somewhat. But we're safe. Roll on the summer :)
Yes we are almost certainly safe but given the Jekyll and Hyde nature of our team and the memory of those losing runs, I find myself looking at the table for reassurance. We are without Ned and Lynch for a time plus the players that have been ill, but should be OK for three points on Tuesday surely.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:28 pm

Wegerle wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:09 pm
dm wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:02 pm
That was bloody hard work watching that on the stream. I shall be asking the club for a free shirt.
aniclap
On the "high"lights that I've seen they should be ferrying you to Saville Row in a roller!
Staff Benda Bilili