Memories Of SheepRanger

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Memories Of SheepRanger

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:38 pm

Given the sad news earlier that he had passed from this messageboard, I thought it would be appropriate, especially given the manner of his exit, to share our memories

I can pay him no higher compliment than to say that for a confirmed Tory and long-term Swindon resident, he seemed like a generally decent sort.

Thoughts ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Memories Of SheepRanger

Post by 222gers » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:49 pm

Yes, it's a shame he's gone really, we had some good old political tear-ups on the general forum in the past. Quite a few have disappeared including the fearsome Davef. Esox vanished for a while but is back of course. Sometimes we can go nearly all day without any posts on here especially at international break time. Keep posting folks !

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:52 pm

Wasn't Lala Davef?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:16 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:52 pm
Wasn't Lala Davef?
I'm not sure which of them would be more offended by that. Nice work.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:36 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:16 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:52 pm
Wasn't Lala Davef?
I'm not sure which of them would be more offended by that. Nice work.
Does the use of the past tense mean Lala has departed too?

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:58 pm

Lalala said he was leaving didn't he because most of us thought Parejo was a decent player. No reason really.

I fear for Dave F unless someone else has seen him about?

Sheepy was ok for sure and will be missed. Obviously drink driving hit a very raw nerve for him which I fully understand but his reaction on here was out of order in my opinion. Still not reason enough to leave, all of us will disagree with each other at some point and as long as it doesn't get nasty or personal then no harm done. I always thought calling someone's opinion 'laughable' was both nasty and personal.

Alcoholism is not an illness? Difficult for me to gauge that one because I have no point of reference in my brain, I don't know what it feels like to have a total lack of self control, needing that drink so badly, or to place that bet, so I have to accept that it is an mental illness. Walk a mile in my shoes springs to mind.

There has been so many positve stories coming out about Ray that he was obviously a top, top man but we all have a little of Jeckyll and Hyde about us, none of us perfect, he got behind the wheel when he really shouldn't have and that was a part of his illness. He seemed to go downhill when he wasn't employed by a club and out on the training ground.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:44 pm

Rbee wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:58 pm
Lalala said he was leaving didn't he because most of us thought Parejo was a decent player. No reason really.

I fear for Dave F unless someone else has seen him about?

Sheepy was ok for sure and will be missed. Obviously drink driving hit a very raw nerve for him which I fully understand but his reaction on here was out of order in my opinion. Still not reason enough to leave, all of us will disagree with each other at some point and as long as it doesn't get nasty or personal then no harm done. I always thought calling someone's opinion 'laughable' was both nasty and personal.

Alcoholism is not an illness? Difficult for me to gauge that one because I have no point of reference in my brain, I don't know what it feels like to have a total lack of self control, needing that drink so badly, or to place that bet, so I have to accept that it is an mental illness. Walk a mile in my shoes springs to mind.

There has been so many positve stories coming out about Ray that he was obviously a top, top man but we all have a little of Jeckyll and Hyde about us, none of us perfect, he got behind the wheel when he really shouldn't have and that was a part of his illness. He seemed to go downhill when he wasn't employed by a club and out on the training ground.
The one blot on Ray's escutcheon is the drink driving charge. Other than that, he seems to have been a hell of a good bloke. It's odd really, with all their cash they can easily afford taxis, even a chauffeur to drive them around.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:51 pm

222gers wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:44 pm
The one blot on Ray's escutcheon is the drink driving charge. Other than that, he seems to have been a hell of a good bloke. It's odd really, with all their cash they can easily afford taxis, even a chauffeur to drive them around.
Numerous charges. Agree with what you say of course but he wasn't a well man.

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:59 pm

A dumb question perhaps, but is alcoholism an illness? Isn't it an addiction and simply a symptom of other illnesses?
It's a genuine question.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:36 pm

BiscuitRanger wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:59 pm
A dumb question perhaps, but is alcoholism an illness? Isn't it an addiction and simply a symptom of other illnesses?
It's a genuine question.
It would appear it's an unresolved debate: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disease_t ... alcoholism

ActonArthur
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by ActonArthur » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:37 pm

Has sheepranger left the message board or actually passed away?

I also miss Dave F. Has he just quit the board or is it worse?

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:01 pm

ActonArthur wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:37 pm

Sheepy appears to have ‘fallen on his own sword’ following a dispute. Davef seems to have vanished from the face of the earth........

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:12 pm

222gers wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:01 pm
ActonArthur wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:37 pm

Sheepy appears to have ‘fallen on his own sword’ following a dispute. Davef seems to have vanished from the face of the earth........
The facts of Sheepy's departure seem a little more interesting than mere self destruction: http://qprdot.org/phpbb3mb/viewtopic.ph ... 9&start=30

DAVEf disappeared in June last year after, I seem to remember, several exchanges with those who found his posts objectionable.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:33 pm

Since you are asking my memory of Sheepranger will be of him extolling his virtues as a left back. From what he said he was the best left back we never had. Apart from that I have absolutely no issue with his view of Ray Wilkins' legacy.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:51 pm

He will always be Mr "My Mate's Brother" to me. In other words, full of s hit.