Exodus begins

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Exodus begins

Post by QPR_John » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:34 am

Mackie, Perch and JET to leave at end of season

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: Exodus begins

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:50 am

Shame about Perch. IMO he is vastly under rated for his contribution to the side since he joined. His spell at left back was a revelation.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:52 am

West London Sport also saying that Onuoha would like to move back north and Robinson believes he is good enough for the Prem.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:55 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:50 am
Shame about Perch. IMO he is vastly under rated for his contribution to the side since he joined. His spell at left back was a revelation.
I agree about Perch.... Very versatile, could play across the back 4 and possibly as a CDM, his best spell was at Left Back...
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:00 am

Rbee wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:52 am
West London Sport also saying that Onuoha would like to move back north and Robinson believes he is good enough for the Prem.
Lynch looks the likely CB certainty for next season... Baptiste and if fit Hall with A.N.Other to make up the numbers?
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Monkey
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Monkey » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:42 am

Can’t see Robinson getting a game at any of the prem teams. Maybe someone who goes up will give him a chance.
If you had a million Shakespeares, could they write like a monkey?

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:18 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:50 am
This.

I like Mackie, and he’s been involved in some pretty historic moments in our recent history (Man City / Liverpool). I’ll always have a soft spot for him, but I agree with the club parting ways at this stage. It’s the right decision.

Not too sure on Perch though, personally I would have hung onto him. The fact he can play all across the back four, and fill in on other areas of the pitch is a big asset. Particularly if we’re going to be trimming the squad. Bad decision IMO.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:18 am

Monkey wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:42 am
Can’t see Robinson getting a game at any of the prem teams. Maybe someone who goes up will give him a chance.
I’ve heard Fulham are interested...
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Monkey
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Monkey » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:27 am

SM wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:18 am
Monkey wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:42 am
I’ve heard Fulham are interested...
Wonder if they’re looking at him as a CB or LB.

Don’t blame the player at all for having ambition or keeping his options open, would be a shame to see him go though.
If you had a million Shakespeares, could they write like a monkey?

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:34 am

It would certainly piss me off if Robinson went to Foolham, especially after the loyalty the club showed him during his ridiculously long injury problems, as has been pointed out elsewhere. But if the club don't/can't afford to renew his contract, the point is moot. After all, this is business, as much as football.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:40 am

Villa linked with Luongo.

Agree about Perch, an excellent squad player. So is this the beginning of maintaining the first team squad on a shoestring? Who knows, we shall no doubt find out in the summer.

Annoying as building a little on what we currently have could be our best chance of worrying the top six for a long time.

I am sure I read that Fernandes is holding a meeting with fans soon? This is the top question for me, the owners plans for the first team squad. Not that you could completely believe the answer anyway.

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:07 am

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:34 am
It would certainly piss me off if Robinson went to Foolham, especially after the loyalty the club showed him during his ridiculously long injury problems, as has been pointed out elsewhere. But if the club don't/can't afford to renew his contract, the point is moot. After all, this is business, as much as football.
You never know, he might blame the club for miss-treating his condition to make the recovery longer?...
But, I agree if he has ambition to play higher, he should aim higher than Fulham

RType
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by RType » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:15 pm

I think most of the time when a player says they have ambition to play at a higher level, what they really mean is they want a bigger / longer contract.

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:32 pm

RType wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:15 pm
I think most of the time when a player says they have ambition to play at a higher level, what they really mean is they want a bigger / longer contract.
*cough*
Remy

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:52 pm

Rbee wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:40 am
Villa linked with Luongo.

Agree about Perch, an excellent squad player. So is this the beginning of maintaining the first team squad on a shoestring? Who knows, we shall no doubt find out in the summer.

Annoying as building a little on what we currently have could be our best chance of worrying the top six for a long time.

I am sure I read that Fernandes is holding a meeting with fans soon? This is the top question for me, the owners plans for the first team squad. Not that you could completely believe the answer anyway.
I can see plenty of interest in Luongo after the World Cup. Think he’ll go for a fair whack too.