Well done Ollie

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Well done Ollie

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:08 pm

DG wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:31 pm
8 points from the last 4 games. Beat Villa and come back from 2 down against the form side in the league. Praise to the manager - it's due.
Agreed. Great second half yesterday. Great support too.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:26 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:01 pm
Thought Bids had another strong game yesterday.

If Ollie is taking advice from within the coaching staff surely that is a positive for a manager who can identify something good, even if it is not his idea.
I'm delighted Bidwell is being praised. I've always liked him despite his limitations. A real hundredpercenter, he occasionally reminds me of Ian Gillard. Holloway should give him a pay rise for all the games at wingback where he covered the entire left side of the field.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:35 pm

It's funny, I thought we were the better team yesterday, despite Fulham having the better quality of players.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:17 pm

Thought Fulham folded like a pack of cards - glad we never got hold of Fredericks- dislikeable individual.

As for Bids, fair play to the bloke for sticking at it - never seen him shirk or shy away from whatever comes his way - played the role asked of him and never moaned even though wing back possibly not his favoured role - well done that man.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:33 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:17 pm
Thought Fulham folded like a pack of cards - glad we never got hold of Fredericks- dislikeable individual.

As for Bids, fair play to the bloke for sticking at it - never seen him shirk or shy away from whatever comes his way - played the role asked of him and never moaned even though wing back possibly not his favoured role - well done that man.
aniclap

Arrogant little c*nt, Shame I’ll never share the same pitch as him I’d be more than happy to go two footed just below his knee.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:06 pm

Went in with Pav towards the end of th game and hobbled away - his shirt pull on Pac as they both went for a ball going out on the touchline in the first half showed what he is all about - once hoping he and Bids might have had a head on challenge ...

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:13 pm

222gers wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:26 pm
Devonranger wrote:

If Ollie is taking advice from within the coaching staff surely that is a positive for a manager who can identify something good, even if it is not his idea.
I'm delighted Bidwell is being praised. I've always liked him despite his limitations. A real hundredpercenter, he occasionally reminds me of Ian Gillard. Holloway should give him a pay rise for all the games at wingback where he covered the entire left side of the field.
Yep, I like him too. His confidence was clearly shot by the end of last season, but I think he's been pretty solid this time around. Seems an honest pro, no tantrums, diving or feigning injury. He made a certain goal saving challenge in the first half yesterday, and got forward really well in the second. Scoring at Villa probably helped his confidence in that regard.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by T-Block » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:41 pm

Well done Ian holloway,I believe you have improved as a manager.
Listening to several opinions is a good thing -it means you will not miss things.The better the support team the better the understanding of your own players ,the better the team plays.Do not care who is right,Ramsey,Penrice etc.But go ask Francis again -his insights would be gold dust.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:07 pm

T-Block wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:41 pm
Well done Ian holloway,I believe you have improved as a manager.
Listening to several opinions is a good thing -it means you will not miss things.The better the support team the better the understanding of your own players ,the better the team plays.Do not care who is right,Ramsey,Penrice etc.But go ask Francis again -his insights would be gold dust.
Yeah did a grand job at West Brom, gold dust.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:04 pm

Devonranger wrote:

Same as Washington then ?
Come on you Sooopa ........

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:39 pm

old pauline wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:04 pm
Devonranger wrote:

Same as Washington then ?
Up until the last few weeks i'd have agreed with you whole heartedly, as i think Washington has put a shift in and been a bit unlucky but the last few games he's played i've felt like he was hiding away. It's been especially marked in comparison to players like Smyth and Eze who've come in and Pawel now he's back in his favoured position. I appreciate it must be pretty soul destroying for him at the moment - but going missing isn't the way to get out of this slump.

Spencer
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Spencer » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:08 pm

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:32 pm
The second half today was brilliant; a pleasure to witness.

However, no coincidence that we’ve played significantly better since switching to a back four. Our MOTM today (Pavel) is not a wing-back - again, no surprise that him and Bidwell are playing well in their proper positions.

Great that it’s finally happened but why it took most of the season to occur is anyone’s guess.

Im not a big fan of switching wingers...Pavel on left(right footed) Ryan on right(Left footed) Thought Pavel got caught ball watching for one of their goals...but have to agree...MOTM.. and that was for his cool finishing.But also put in a great shift in front of Bidwell....who looked better and more comfortable.

I cannot remember when I last watched a game and enjoyed it so much. Thought Fulham were a joy to watch in the first half..and us to in the second.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:52 pm

Not another game until a week Friday. Seems like ages to have to wait to see our team in full flow again.

:(

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:22 pm

222gers wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:26 pm
Devonranger wrote:

He's a solid pro when played in his right position. Doesn't seem to pick up many injuries either. Actually gets better balls into the box when not used as a WB too.